• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

Sexton is a young stud, but there is nothing that suggests he will be better than McCollum and enough to convince Dame to stay, which is the only reason you part with McCollum.

He is the only asset that can net the Blazers a significant piece that could move the needle for them. Trading for Sexton would just be spinning their wheels and delaying the inevitable Dame exit.

Portland has to come harder than to keep Dame around

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Sexton is a young stud, but there is nothing that suggests he will be better than McCollum and enough to convince Dame to stay, which is the only reason you part with McCollum.

He is the only asset that can net the Blazers a significant piece that could move the needle for them. Trading for Sexton would just be spinning their wheels and delaying the inevitable Dame exit.

Portland has to come harder than to keep Dame around

Lillard is under contract through 24-25. They dont have to do anything "to keep Dame around", he's contractually obligated to them. 

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Lillard is under contract through 24-25. They dont have to do anything "to keep Dame around", he's contractually obligated to them. 

This ain't the NFL or MLB, if a star player wants to be traded then they most likely will be. The stars have the power in this league. You already know this. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

This ain't the NFL or MLB, if a star player wants to be traded then they most likely will be. The stars have the power in this league. You already know this. 

Usually it's actually more of a mutual thing where the team and star player both agree to hit the reset button. If a team is dead set on not trading their star player that is under contract, they don't have to. Dame is not the type that's going to start publicly mocking the owner and the head coach to force a trade. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dennis (SnT), Kuzma, Horter-Tucker and a future 1st?

From what I got, this deal could happen at the draft so it won't include Dennis or THT. I wasn't told names but it wasn't any FAs. Considering Harrell is opting in, my guess is he's in this trade as well.

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

But taking on Love's contract? 2 years/60 million left. No way. 

I didn't exactly say it's a good deal for Portland. I just said that's the deal that's being rumored at this time. There is always more to a deal that could be done. I agree, it's clearly favors Cleveland. C.J. is better than Sexton all around and Love contract is ass. C.J. contract isn't great but he's still a top 50-75 player in this league. 

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Sexton and Love for McCollum is not a good move to me.

McCollum is better now than Sexton is and maybe will ever be. It doesn't solve their issue with backcourt size next to Dame. Then you add the toxic Love contract and he hasn't shown that he can contribute at a high level anymore.

I get that McCollum is their best trade piece and makes the most sense because the fit with Dame has always been janky. But Sexton makes you smaller when they should be trying to find a playmaker with size to complement Dame who is a SG trapped in a PG's body. 

While I don't think it's a trash deal, its extremely risky. You are betting on Love being healthy. You are betting on Sexton who's a better scorer being as valuable as C.J. who's a better all around player and can playmaker better. On top of that, is Sexton really better than Norm Powell, I don't think so. 

A lot of this is clearly betting on Kevin and that he turns it around like Nic Batum for LAC.

Hate to say it but Myles Turner possibly being available is very interesting for the Hawks. Dude is just a great fit with Collins if not better then Capela. He just can’t rebound like Capela and I will say Capela is the better rebounder BUT offensively he makes the hawks more dangerous and allows Collins to go back to being a pick and roll assassin .

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/263427/Pacers-Discussing-Myles-Turner-Trade-With-Multiple-Teams

just sayin I would look at the possibilities if i were schlenk.

Edited by JTB

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Hate to say it but Myles Turner possibly being available is very interesting for the Hawks. Dude is just a great fit with Collins if not better then Capela. He just can’t rebound like Capela and I will say Capela is the better rebounder BUT offensively he makes the hawks more dangerous and allows Collins to go back to being a pick and roll assassin .

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/263427/Pacers-Discussing-Myles-Turner-Trade-With-Multiple-Teams

just sayin I would look at the possibilities if i were schlenk.

The thing is, we are better with Capela as the roll man than JC. Drawing the center out of the paint and being a serious threat to finish with size is more valuable than JC going back to a #2 option

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Turner isn't the rebounder or defender that Capela is. He would help the offense by spreading out even more but I value what Capela does more. Remember how terrible our rebounding/defensive interior was before Capela played last season.

I don’t disagree.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

NO have been on the prowl for a young vet for 10th overall but the interest has been slim. They have targeted other teams high end potential prospects and haven't had any luck. 

You mean like this. NOP can dream.

Atlanta Hawks forward Cam Reddish is a player I’ve been intrigued by going back to the 2019 draft when New Orleans decided to take Hayes over him in the top 10. With Atlanta expected to bring back De’Andre Hunter, Bogdan Bogdanovic and Kevin Huerter on the wing, I wouldn’t expect there to be a whole bunch of minutes available for Reddish coming off a disappointing season in 2020-21.

Could the Pels figure out a way to snatch Reddish away from Atlanta in a deal centered around the No. 10 pick? New Orleans may be hesitant to give up a quality pick in a deep draft for a guy who sat most of last season with an Achilles injury. Even when he has been healthy, Reddish has struggled to establish himself on the offensive end of the court in an offense centered around Trae Young.

But once Reddish got a chance to see the court in this year’s playoffs, it was clear what kind of potential he brings as a rangy defender and a shot maker from the perimete

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

The only way Cam will be reunited with Zion is if Zion becomes a Hawk:saythat:

Ps I love JC don’t @ me

Ok, now we are the same posters.. amirite? Don’t @ me? Y’all know who I am. I’m caaaggeeeedddspud (no ego here).

RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!!!

That may very well happen at some point. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I just finished 2 hours of yard work. I'm not sure if I almost passed out from the heat or the abject stupidity of the writer. We just went to the ECF...why does he think we'd trade from our core?

Same reason a large, LARGE, percentage of Hawks fans think the team will.

They're all scared of the "we can't pay everybody" ghost.

And what TF are you doing out in the yard?  Directing the 'help' on which bushes to trim?  Must be hard work. 😉

(Kidding, kidding, don't yell at me on a Sunday.)

• Like 3