• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

It's speaks volumes that other beat writers think Cam can be a star. RealGM and other shit boards try to tell us Reddish sucks and Hawks fans overrate him but where are the we need to try to get Huerter for a lottery pick or JC for a lotto pick articles. They don't exist. Everyone including Hawk fans know what we have in Reddish. That's a good thing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Because they yell at you and they are hysterically funny and give you warnings for hating the Mavs. It’s fun! 

The way they double-standard Hawks fans is artful.  Mods taking unprofessional snipes at folks, then locking the thread so you can't respond, is just classic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

The way they double-standard Hawks fans is artful.  Mods taking unprofessional snipes at folks, then locking the thread so you can't respond, is just classic.

They remind me of the way the show the office is ran. By the way I’m rewatching that show so a lot of my posts will refer to the office. Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Still: Beal has been seriously mulling his future in recent weeks, and at times has been very much on the fence about whether or not he wants to remain with the Wizards, sources tell The Athletic. The All-NBA guard is expected to use the weekend to continue giving his career some thought and could arrive at a decision during the upcoming week. For all teams, planning and preparation entering draft week is important. It heightens the need to allow the Wizards and teams across the league to prepare should Beal have a change of heart on his future.

The Lakers and Sacramento Kings have discussed a deal centered on guard Buddy Hield, sources tell The Athletic. Lakers forward Kyle Kuzma would be involved in a potential package, per sources. The Lakers have received interest from several teams regarding Kuzma, sources said.

So Sac will no longer have Bogi and Hield.  Kings gonna Kings.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

IF they trade from the Core it won't be to land a 10 prospect that isn't going to help the team in the next year or two.  The problem with these fan trades is they don't even make sense most of the time.  Where the Hawks are, you either keep your young talent and see how they mature and good they get OR you trade them for established players that can help you now.  There's no scenario where you should, imo, trade a young, high-ceiling player for a younger high-celling player that take more time to reach their ceiling.  

I think draft picks can help their team in years one and two.  They don’t always, but keeping everyone means our payroll goes up to $180M or more after signing Reddish and Hunter.  
I am one that doesn’t see how we pay everyone.  The numbers don’t work out to me, but I could be convinced otherwise.  
My main point is Schlenk can draft contributors.  And if we make a trade the front office sees the writing on the wall with our future payroll.  

30 minutes ago, JTB said:

Can’t wait to start hearing more Hawks rumors….some that sounds halfway believable that is

So far the mill has NOP trading 10+Bledsoe for the #17. 

Also has NOP kicking around the idea of 10 for Cam.

Silly season is well underway.

Eta:  I guess that makes it Cam-to-NOP, Bledsoe-to-whoecer has 17?, 17-to-us?

My head hurts.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

17-to-us?

So we get Cam at #10, groom him for 2 years, work with him through his stuff, he shows out like a young Scottie Pippen (I’m stealing it from.. me (you) :indifferent:) then we trade him for the 17th pick in this year’s draft? 

:talktothehand:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

Do the math yourself. You'll find that we do have a window of two years before there is the potential for significant salary cap concerns, and even when you get to 2023-34, it's probably a pipe dream... sorry, knock on wood and all that, but being realistic... a pipe dream to imagine that two players with the injury history of Dre and Cam thus far are both going to be regarded as max candidates.

It's exactly, I believe, why AHF thought to start this thread...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member

Rumors galore.   

Hawks aren’t trading this young core yet.  

1.    If Collins doesn’t get a max offer, he will be back.   And maybe back if he does.   
2.    Gallo, Dunn and Fernando are the only ones I could see traded.  
3.  Hunter is the real deal if healthy

4.   Huerter proved me wrong and showed he can defend and create his shot

5.   Reddish has one more year to show his upside.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What kind of generic f*ck is "David Smith"?  Was "John Smith" unavailable to write this twit?

😁

(Disclaimer:  I'm sure David is a real person, just having fun with his basic a** name.)

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What kind of generic f*ck is "David Smith"?  Was "John Smith" unavailable to write this twit?

😁

(Disclaimer:  I'm sure David is a real person, just having fun with his basic a** name.)

Actually, I take it all back.  I have no right poking fun at David's name.  My apologies, Mr.Smith

• Haha 1