• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wanted Zion more than any prospect since Luka, before that was KD in 2007. I like your big dreams of Zion from Trae. Almost meant to be at some point by the basketball 🏀 gods.

One trick pony.  His teams can't even make play in tournaments! Pass!

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

Whether one believes it's intentional or not, there's been a fairly obvious philosophical comparison to be made between how Schlenk's previous team progressed toward championship contention and how this one has.

Hence, I honestly believe that Schlenk envisions a team where he's developed his own superstars, and will only trade out if he gets an offer he can't refuse.

Every time someone talks about the Hawks not being prepared to keep guys, it's outside speculation... probably a lot of the same people who also would have told you in the past that Trae Young posts empty stats and will never amount to much.

Do I believe reports that Schlenk listened for Cam offers this time? Sure. "Listened." And to be honest, this team largely got to where it got this season without Cam, so while it would have been disappointing, Cam's not objectively been a part of the actual real-life on-the-court core success. At least, not just yet. There was a price at which there could have been an offer Schlenk couldn't refuse, but it didn't happen.

I probably would feel a whole lot less certain of my conclusion here except that Ressler has said publicly what he's said. As long as this team is producing ample reason to believe it's a contender, he's committed to paying tax. At that point that it's not, then business decisions will have to be made. But for now, we're on this side of what we have reason to anticipate will be the best ride of our Hawks fan lives.

So, consolidation trades? It's not really part of the DNA of our GM, and practically every one of our core is still at an upward trajectory. And there's really just not that much of an impressive array of expensive difference makers you'd want anyhow, in my opinion. Not persuaded that's happening, at least unless/until we've won our first title, and we're trying to figure out ways to stay at the top.

Plus plus post!!!

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

One trick pony.  His teams can't even make play in tournaments! Pass!

Well in his defense he hasn’t had a stable roster or front office. The kid can play though. He’s one of the faces of the future in the league.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well in his defense he hasn’t had a stable roster or front office. The kid can play though. He’s one of the faces of the future in the league.

He gets a pass for some reason that Trae never received...I can't believe a hawks fan is making excuses for this guy and his team's poor performances when Trae was getting roasted during his 1st 2 years while doing far more.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He gets a pass for some reason that Trae never received...I can't believe a hawks fan is making excuses for this guy and his team's poor performances when Trae was getting roasted during his 1st 2 years while doing far more.

I didn’t roast Trae. And yes why shouldn’t a Hawks fan make an excuse for a non divisional non conference rival that we play twice a year? 🤷‍♀️ 

I’m not making excuses either I’m just saying I’m not ready to put him in the Melo/Dwight category. 

Also, I’d trade him straight up for Collins. Wouldn’t even think twice about it. 

@kg01 I’m crazy like this see. I make bold statements and I’m ready to back them up. Peo isn’t gonna like this because he’s a Collins guy but if I’m Schlenk I would. Trae and Zion is generational. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I didn’t roast Trae. And yes why shouldn’t a Hawks fan make an excuse for a non divisional non conference rival that we play twice a year? 🤷‍♀️ 

I’m not making excuses either I’m just saying I’m not ready to put him in the Melo/Dwight category. 

Also, I’d trade him straight up for Collins. Wouldn’t even think twice about it. 

@kg01 I’m crazy like this see. I make bold statements and I’m ready to back them up. Peo isn’t gonna like this because he’s a Collins guy but if I’m Schlenk I would. Trae and Zion is generational. 

I think others would do the Bradley Beal trade and give the Pelicans 3 1st, Hunter and Reddish along with Collins.  That's what these guys mean by consolidation trades

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think others would do the Bradley Beal trade and give the Hornets 3 1st, Hunter and Reddish along with Collins.  That's what these guys mean by consolidation trades

I wouldn’t do that. I’m not trading Cam, Hunter. I’m not really even looking to trade Collins, he’s 23 and he is a beast. If Zion was offered though I’d jump on it and even add a first round pick to get him.

I don’t want Beal though. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wouldn’t do that. I’m not trading Cam, Hunter. I’m not really even looking to trade Collins, he’s 23 and he is a beast. If Zion was offered though I’d jump on it and even add a first round pick to get him.

I don’t want Beal though. 

Consolidation trades aren't 1 for 1 trades.  Its designed to including multiple players to get 1 superior player to keep cost down.  Not that much of a Zion fan to conclude that he is that much better than Collins and even just adding Hunter

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think others would do the Bradley Beal trade and give the Hornets 3 1st, Hunter and Reddish along with Collins.  That's what these guys mean by consolidation trades

Hornets?

• Haha 1

Can we all agree that Beal just aint it? 
He doesn't move the needle for me and is just a name guy that's always available. I don't think he is special at anything in particular. He is a gunner with a green light on a team that has been mediocre since he has been "the guy". 

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Can we all agree that Beal just aint it? 
He doesn't move the needle for me and is just a name guy that's always available. I don't think he is special at anything in particular. He is a gunner with a green light on a team that has been mediocre since he has been "the guy". 

Beal is about to reup with WAS although they have no future.  He's all about the numbers, including dollars.  Wins be d*mned.

He's embodying all the negative things people said about Melo. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Is Collins worth max? In a vacuum, no he isn't. But this is the NBA, bargains are hard to come by. 

Yea, I agreed that Collins is not a max player (Trae/Hunter (maybe) ) but right now.  What player that can fit within the timeframe that the core is and can put up the same amount of better numbers than John did and then how are we going to get this player.

The contract sucks but I believe that it is worth it (better to have him here not against us)

If we don’t find a consolidation trade that we like, then we need to trade for draft picks.  Math is what makes it obvious to me that we won’t keep everyone long term.  

And yes, this is the broken record conversation of the moment.  Way better than tanking threads, too.  

I just realized that the WLOC (We Love Our Core) crowd thinks/believes that each vet on the roster will eventually be replaced by someone drafted by the Hawks.  So, league leading rebounder Capela gets walking papers in two years because Okongwu will be better anyways.  Bogi gets replaced because did you see Cam play lock down D and hit 6 threes?  If that happens we can bring everybody back because everybody excludes Capela, Gallo, and Bogi.  

I think WLOC people are believing a fantasy: all of our drafted players will be better than established players in the league.  I have a lot of doubt about that.  Not saying we trade all these guys for Beal, but I also won’t believe Okongwu and Reddish will easily replace Capela and Bogi.  

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

If we don’t find a consolidation trade that we like, then we need to trade for draft picks.  Math is what makes it obvious to me that we won’t keep everyone long term.  

And yes, this is the broken record conversation of the moment.  Way better than tanking threads, too.  

I just realized that the WLOC (We Love Our Core) crowd thinks/believes that each vet on the roster will eventually be replaced by someone drafted by the Hawks.  So, league leading rebounder Capela gets walking papers in two years because Okongwu will be better anyways.  Bogi gets replaced because did you see Cam play lock down D and hit 6 threes?  If that happens we can bring everybody back because everybody excludes Capela, Gallo, and Bogi.  

I think WLOC people are believing a fantasy: all of our drafted players will be better than established players in the league.  I have a lot of doubt about that.  Not saying we trade all these guys for Beal, but I also won’t believe Okongwu and Reddish will easily replace Capela and Bogi.  

No one believes what you're saying people believe.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No one believes what you're saying people believe.

Then you have to believe we can afford to keep Capela and Bogi and sign all the players we drafted.  

The only other acceptable answer is wait a year and decide who we want to keep.  If that’s what people mean by keeping our core, I see that as hitting the pause button.  It’s not keeping it.     

I’m not making this up.  People have said Okongwu will be our starter and Bogi should be off the team.  Since Capela didn’t shut down Embiid and Giannis, and Okongwu played Giannis straight up.  Okongwu is our man.  Bogi wasn’t on fire during the playoffs, not a keeper.  

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Then you have to believe we can afford to keep Capela and Bogi and sign all the players we drafted.  

The only other acceptable answer is wait a year and decide who we want to keep.  If that’s what people mean by keeping our core, I see that as hitting the pause button.  It’s not keeping it.     

I’m not making this up.  People have said Okongwu will be our starter and Bogi should be off the team.  Since Capela didn’t shut down Embiid and Giannis, and Okongwu played Giannis straight up.  Okongwu is our man.  Bogi wasn’t on fire during the playoffs, not a keeper.  

All due respect, I think you're reading a lot into people's comments.

Just now, Final_quest said:

I am struggling to understand what people mean by “keeping our core”.  

When I say keep the core, I mean we don't have to trade anyone in the next two seasons.  After then, we'll have a better idea who should be moved if anyone.  Some just want to trade before realizing who we should trade or if we need to trade at all.  What if next year we win a championship? Do you jettison Cam, Heurter, JC, OO, or Hunter off because you're afraid of the luxury tax or want another "star" player?