• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't have any suitors offering real money. He made a massive mistake turning down HOU offer. 

As I thought.

While I could see Dennis recouping the money he turned down from LAL, there's no way lOladipo's recouping that HOU money.

It's actually pretty sad.  We, as fans, talk about it like it's a game but these dudes only have a short window to make the most amount of money they're reasonably expected to make at their jobs.  A bad decision like that impacts him tremendously.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, sturt said:

I believe that, too. But just from a practicality and efficiency stand point, once OO is back, it would be optimal to have someone you feel good about seeing the floor in both roles... not unlike it's good to have a 5th backcourt guy who is a viable option at either PG or SG, imo. (Yes, like, say, a LouWill.)

Long term and coming off his injury, I see OO as being your 4/5, so I like the idea of signing pure 5, even is McGee isn't my choice.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

The only guy that can do that is Dieng.

I've been a Dieng advocate, but in truth, he almost never played PF in either MEM or SAS last season. Not to say he couldn't, because clearly he can stretch the floor at least as much as Dedmon did for us in the past.

But the only serious, viable vet free agent option that logged time at both PF and C last year is Theis.

And he's at least a candidate to get more than MLE money, so that might rule him out.

So, maybe it's just that the ideal isn't a plausible aspiration this time. In that case, can't not welcome JaVale.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I see OO as being your 4/5

Later, maybe. Not this soon. He's not been tried there, and it would seem doubtful that they'll try to put any new expectations on him beyond what's been expected given that he'll be, at best, coming back at almost the All-Star break. That's more of a training camp experimentation thing, in my opinion. But that said, it explicitly was said when he was drafted by the General that that's the hope long-term.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, sturt said:

Later, maybe. Not this soon. He's not been tried there, and it would seem doubtful that they'll try to put any new expectations on him beyond what's been expected given that he'll be, at best, coming back at almost the All-Star break. That's more of a training camp experimentation thing, in my opinion. But that said, it explicitly was said when he was drafted by the General that that's the hope long-term.

I get that. We also have Hunter, Johnson, Hill (maybe), and Knight (maybe) that can give us minutes at the 4.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

And made an extremely strong offer which is why JC got the money. If they didn't, we could have handled things our way. 

Friggin Spurs been screwin' us since the Splitter deal.  You'd think they'd at least buy us dinner at some point.

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't have any suitors offering real money. He made a massive mistake turning down HOU offer. 

And made an extremely strong offer which is why JC got the money. If they didn't, we could have handled things our way. 

If it's 4 years/120 we may want to consider a sign and trade. 30 per is too much

51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As I thought.

While I could see Dennis recouping the money he turned down from LAL, there's no way lOladipo's recouping that HOU money.

It's actually pretty sad.  We, as fans, talk about it like it's a game but these dudes only have a short window to make the most amount of money they're reasonably expected to make at their jobs.  A bad decision like that impacts him tremendously.

He was crazy to turn that deal down. Who is his agent? Complete incompetence.

• Like 1

Speaking of Smart, sounds like Chris Mannix, obvious Selltic fan and "insider" ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47xlevs1mlo0cbpb07b6

.. is reporting the Seeees will look to trade Marcus (not so)Smart since Stevens hates him now that he's in the front office.

Nope, not giving a link.  I can't, in good conscious, contribute to his crap.  You can look it up if you want (to be part of the problem).

Funny, when he had to be in the 'foxhole' with Smart, he played him to the point where players thought he favored him.  Now that he's in the penthouse, and no longer has to face the rabble, he's ok with showing how he truly feels?  *cough cough* Coward *cough*

Wonder how long the Seeees blame ancillary guys for their failings before they acknowledge they have a Tatum problem?

Also wonder if Smart speaking out about the Boston climate (around race), greased the skids for him being outta there?

• Like 3

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He was crazy to turn that deal down. Who is his agent? Complete incompetence.

34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If he's smart we should be asking who "was" his agent.

You guys know his agent brought that deal to him hoping like hell he would sign it.  Blame Dipo for thinking he was good enough he would be able to get the same money from a better team.  I’d bet a lot that he screwed himself on this and his agent is ticked off that Dipo cost him his share of the cut on that offer.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

You guys know his agent brought that deal to him hoping like hell he would sign it.  Blame Dipo for thinking he was good enough he would be able to get the same money from a better team.  I’d bet a lot that he screwed himself on this and his agent is ticked off that Dipo cost him his share of the cut on that offer.

This. He wanted to play for the Heat so damn bad. He swore by it. 

JC showed you to bet on yourself 

Dipo showed you the opposite 

• Like 2

Riddle me this, Batman.  Why's Myles Turner been on the block for like 13 consecutive seasons?

I'm also surprised to see Brogdon supposedly available.  Then again, we all know his coach is now Carlisle aka Petty Jackson and he won't take kindly to players that don't/won't cowtow to him.

• Haha 2