• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

49 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bruno wasn't on the summer league roster when he was expected to be, he gets traded...

And now Cam Reddish has been revealed to be off the summer league roster as well when he also stated that he was going to be on it..

Hmm?

I am not worried but its official. Cam is on the trade block but he's on the same block with going to year 3 Bagley III, rookie Iso Joe, Jermaine O'Neal, O.J. Mayo, Miles Bridges, John Collins, and Malik Monk. Where they show enough potential where they want a lot of industry perceived value but they are available for the right price. Because of Iso Joe and Jermaine O'Neal, teams refuse to trade prospects who show all star potential unless they can match it with someone else who shows the same potential but younger or they simply hold onto the asset till the end of their rookie deal these days. 

I am not worried about him being moved but it's clear, Cam has to play himself off of the trade block and a hot playoff run isn't enough. He's gonna have to play well this year, consistently well. 

He's not on the we gotta get rid of him block that Bruno, Dunn, and Evan Turner was on. He's in the regular season rotation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So, those rumors were true after all.

I doubt he gets traded. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Yep, they weren't lies. While I think he's worth more than what TS was trying to get, other teams want him for a buy low reclamation project which is why you never see guys like Reddish ever traded unless it's like Wendell Carter Jr, where it's for a legit all star package.

Teams rarely do reclamation projects because the cost is way too great. No one puts Bagley or Reddish in that boat. Its Culver, Knox, Nlikikna. Guys who clearly show no star potential and they look like trash.

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, ryandauwalker said:

Any insight as to why he would be pulled from the Summer League roster?

Nope! None whatsoever but those trades where Atlanta was trying to move up to get Sengun and Josh Primo was true. They felt both could be legit stars and wanted to move up for them using Reddish. That's true. That said, their standard to trade Reddish is high enough to where I am not worried. Teams want a discount and that's NOT happening. 

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nope! None whatsoever but those trades where Atlanta was trying to move up to get Sengun and Josh Primo was true. They felt both could be legit stars and wanted to move up for them using Reddish. That's true. That said, their standard to trade Reddish is high enough to where I am not worried. Teams want a discount and that's NOT happening. 

So basically Atlanta doesn't see star potential in Reddish anymore?

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

So basically Atlanta doesn't see star potential in Reddish anymore?

They do. Nothing has changed on that front. It's not like they trying to trade Cam for bullshit in their minds. They want someone who can match his outcome. The question with Cam is getting to that outcome. Not just doing work for 3-4 games but being consistent. Cam hasn't shown any signs of a good Basketball player yet. 

Just a low end rotational wing like Tony Snell without Snell general consistency. Now he has tremendous talent, has elite flashes, and everyone in the organization loves his ceiling. TS thinks he has the most potential and Nate thinks he's has a lot of similarities with PG24. But he has two years left and if they can get someone who has the same potential but is more serious about reaching that level, its seems like a deal can be done. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They do. Nothing has changed on that front. It's not like they trying to trade Cam for bullshit in their minds. They want someone who can match his outcome. The question with Cam is getting to that outcome. Not just doing work for 3-4 games but being consistent. Cam hasn't shown any signs of a good Basketball player yet. 

Just a low end rotational wing like Tony Snell without Snell general consistency. Now he has tremendous talent, has elite flashes, and everyone in the organization loves his ceiling. TS thinks he has the most potential and Nate thinks he's has a lot of similarities with PG24. But he has two years left and if they can get someone who has the same potential but is more serious about reaching that level, its seems like a deal can be done. 

So Cam hasn't been putting in the work to the Hawks liking  when you say more serious?

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So Cam hasn't been putting in the work to the Hawks liking  when you say more serious?

He wasn't. That's something that bothered the organization especially seeing Hunter. He is now from what I hear. He just didn't know what putting in work is. He does now from what I was told but I didn't think they would consider moving him but they aren't joking. They want to see improvement.

That's why I am shocked he's not in the SL but then again I am not because his trade value is at a high, you really can't risk that even if you want to just because you never know when a legit star is available. See Vecevic and Chicago. They were able to get him and traded Carter Jr. 

He's not on the outs. Just on the block. JC been there before. Kevin been there as recently as the trade deadline and partly during the draft process. The difference is, Cam been out there for a minute and there is legit interest but the cost will always be why trades don't happen. 

But the Hawks want and expect excellence from everyone. This is the NBA, everyone can play. Everyone. You gotta do the little things and master the big things. Cam is learning and growing but not fast enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think the super-max should be something players have to qualify for each year.  It's a travesty John Wall is still a supermax type based off one random year like 13 years ago.  He's nowhere near all-NBA now.

The super-max is only relevant for the next contract.  Once you sign him to a super-max, that is in play for the length of the contract and you are stuck with it.  Once that specific contract ends, only stupidity requires anyone to overpay him badly and so I don't see why that matters beyond that point.

BLOCKBUSTER NEWS!!!!!!!!!

The Kings/Hawks/Celtics deal should be done soon but SAC is working on a blockbuster deal with Toronto. They are also working on a player swap with Cleveland. 

The pieces/names being mentioned are Bagley - high-end throw end/TT - center from Toronto area/Haliburton - High-end prospect/lightly protected 1st round pick for Siakam. 

The other trade I am hearing about which will be added to this trade is a swap between Ricky Rubio and Buddy Hield (CLE/SAC). Uneventful, I know. Another team interested in Hield, the Dallas Mavs with Finney-Smith or Josh Green being the key asset going to SAC. Dallas wants shooting. A LOT of SHOOTING, especially elite shooting. Hield will be traded probably by the end of today if not this weekend within this package. 

It's going to be a five team deal. Boston is done with the deal as is Atlanta from what I've received. 

The other big piece of news is Dennis Schröder is getting f**ked bad. The interest is really low. Teams almost looking at him as a MID-MLE guy. I am hearing there are some interest from Boston. Dennis is down and out bad ya'll but Boston could come calling. Brad spoke to Al about Dennis and it seems there is some interest if Dennis is open to it. Right now, his market is bleeding bad. 

Bad news for my brother @TheNorthCydeRises. Bruno will be released as soon as the trade is official.

The other piece of big news is Washington and Bradley Beal are strongly leaning to a supermax extension. Expect this to happen sooner than later is what he was told.   

Kelly Oubre Jr. is the last big fry left outside of Dennis. I am told teams are still looking to make some final moves. He's looking more and more like an MLE guy which he doesn't want to be like Dennis. Once he realizes what's his market. He should get offers from teams with full MLEs. 

I haven't heard nothing else big. The 2nd wave starts today so this is when the trades start happening. I am being told that their will be deals this week, not a lot but some. The only potential blockbuster outside of this one is a GS/PHI Ben Simmons trade. One team with massive interest in Simmons is Toronto. A couple other teams I've heard had some outside interest in a Simmons trade is Atlanta and New York but those talks have seemed to stall for now. From what I am told, it's unlikely Simmons will happen before ASB. Philly doesn't like the value in return but Ben Simmons has requested a trade and wants to be out of Philadelphia but Philly isn't moving him if the offer they get hurts their chances of contending which all of the deals teams are willing to do does hurt. 

This is pretty much it. I told you guys, the 2nd wave is usually when I get info once FA starts. Otherwise, Woj/Shams are your guys. 

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
On 8/1/2021 at 6:42 PM, kg01 said:

Beal is about to reup with WAS although they have no future.  He's all about the numbers, including dollars.  Wins be d*mned.

He's embodying all the negative things people said about Melo. 

Oh how the culture has changed….Resigning with the (shitty) team that drafted you is now considered a loser move.

29 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Oh how the culture has changed….Resigning with the (shitty) team that drafted you is now considered a loser move.

Beal has always made it clear, he and his wife love living in DC. I do think not getting accolades is what bothered him more than anything. When he got his respect this year, you see Bradley wanted to stay. He loves his teammates and more than anything, he's not getting supermax money from anywhere else. 

Beal can sign for $235 million next offseason, for $54 million more than he if signs this fall per Marks, because he would reach 10 years of NBA service. He would be qualified to make 35% of the salary cap, the same as supermax extensions earned by making All-NBA or defensive player of the year. Though Beal could make All-NBA once the 2020-21 teams are announced, it will not impact his earning power as it would have in previous years.

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

So Sacramento would be giving Hailburton, Bagley and TT for Siakam and then Hield for Rubio? Who will start for them on the wings? 3PG does not make much sense for me

Both deals aren't locks but I would say the Siakam trade is a lot closer than the CLE/SAC deal at this moment but a decision should come soon. You got Dallas interested in Hield as well if not the most interested, they just don't have good pieces to offer. 

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Are there any whispers regarding an early extension for Huerter?

Not that I am aware of. Guys his caliber don't really get legit offers till the ext deadline. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1