• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

FVV/OG/2022 protected 1st for Simmons

Why would Philly not take this?  This would make them much better.

Also feel like they  should just trade Simmons for Ingram.   Nola would be a horrible shooting team but they obviously don't want ingram anymore.  

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Also feel like they  should just trade Simmons for Ingram.   Nola would be a horrible shooting team but they obviously don't want ingram anymore.  

How's this obvious?  Not arguing, just wondering.  I'll save the arguing for later. 😉

I can imagine NOP re-committing to playing their young guns, including ThIngram, under their new coach.

34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Transcript of Beal's talks with WAS mgt about improving the team ...

Mgt: "Yeah, we got a couple things we can do to impr..."

Beal: "... but is supermax on the table still?"

Mgt: "Well ... yeah?  Ok, as I was sayi..."

Beal: "I'm good."

Where does his girlfriend come in.. like she wouldn’t be at the head of the table during the meeting, comon now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

How's this obvious?  Not arguing, just wondering.  I'll save the arguing for later. 😉

I can imagine NOP re-committing to playing their young guns, including ThIngram, under their new coach.

I’ll trade for Thingram and Pangos right now! Also, bring back Bruno! 

-unknown

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You argue well.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Where does his girlfriend come in.. like she wouldn’t be at the head of the table during the meeting, comon now.

Yep, this is a turnover on my part.  You can basically replace Beal's dialogue and attribute it to her.  Beal is in the corner waiting to be told he can look up from the table.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

From my understanding, they want an upgrade for Simmons but no one sees Simmons being worth that outside of Philadelphia. On top of that, Rich Paul has been assessing Ben's value and it's clear to everyone that Ben wants out of Philadelphia. 

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Thanks.  That's good stuff.  My comments:

1. I'm glad the draft trades didn't work out for ATL.  Happy with Jaylen and Coop.  
  2. Simmons as a 6th man is interesting.  Would hate to lose the shooting of Gallo, but Simmons is a pretty versatile player and I could handle it with him in a diminished role off the bench. Still happy to hear they are planning to run it back though. 
  3. Would prefer that the Philly / Sacto trade does NOT happen.  Don't particularly want to see Hali in Philly.  Simmons to Cavs for Sexton is much more appealing to me as a Hawks fan
  4. Hard to see Dame asking out anytime soon, but stranger things have happened.
  5. I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't see Beal as a superstar guy.  Certainly not worth the supermax contract.  I think Wash is heading down the John Wall road all over again.    

1. I've always stated the best TS moves are the ones he doesn't make. 

2. I agree. I can understand why they offered now. 

3. The Sacramento deal seems to be a beauty for PHI in my opinion. I actually think Toronto deal is the best on the table but Daryl is a dumbass. He better not wait till everyone pulls the good deals left off the table. They already got a couple of deals pulled off the table.

4. I agree. He's crying about things but Portland been great to him and he has full oversight. 

5. Same and I am a Beal fan. I think the supermax is an overpay but the available superstar market is dead af. Just keeping it 100%. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

While I wouldn't make the Cam/Gallo for Simmons trade personally, I figure there'd be As and A-pluses coming our way all around from the basketball media world.

Is it plausible that we go into the season with Dame, Porzingis and Simmons... the departures of all three from their current teams having been a foregone conclusion not so long ago... all keeping their real estate agents at bay?

27 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Thanks.  That's good stuff.  My comments:

1. I'm glad the draft trades didn't work out for ATL.  Happy with Jaylen and Coop.  
  2. Simmons as a 6th man is interesting.  Would hate to lose the shooting of Gallo, but Simmons is a pretty versatile player and I could handle it with him in a diminished role off the bench. Still happy to hear they are planning to run it back though. 
  3. Would prefer that the Philly / Sacto trade does NOT happen.  Don't particularly want to see Hali in Philly.  Simmons to Cavs for Sexton is much more appealing to me as a Hawks fan
  4. Hard to see Dame asking out anytime soon, but stranger things have happened.
  5. I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't see Beal as a superstar guy.  Certainly not worth the supermax contract.  I think Wash is heading down the John Wall road all over again.    

Guy, you are decidedly not in the minority on Beal.  As his numbers have increased, the 'Zards wins have decreased.  I have no idea why he gets a pass on this.

Only reason they made the playoffs is because of Westbrook who gets all the blame for losses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There was something stated by my guy that I found to be odd. He stated, Cam saved himself rejoining Omar Wilkes. When Omar left Octagon for Klutch to run Klutch's Basketball Ops everyone left Octagon (Wilkes guys) for Klutch but Cam Reddish. This was a mistake for Cam. While Cam was in contact with the Hawk during the offseason last year. The replacement of Omar at Octagon just wasn't as committed to Cam.

He did get Cam the workout with Steph but it was extremely light and Cam really didn't improve much based on what Atlanta felt he would have just staying in Atlanta. They really didn't like Cam's summer and the relationship TS had with his new agent was sour. Omar and TS has an elite relationship. Omar always delivers the goods. Omar knows how to communicate and invest in his clients. Atlanta loves Omar and because of that, has a tremendous relationship with Klutch. 

Cam saved his career rejoining Omar is what he was told. In fact, Atlanta took him off the market once they got word Omar was going to be Cam's agent. It doesn't help his previous agent was trying to steer Cam to GS to play with Steph. Octagon without Trae loyalty is to Steph. Klutch loyal is to his clients and Rich obviously to (Bron). Rich no longer runs BBall Ops for Klutch. He runs the entire company and still manages his clients like Bron and Simmons. 

I can see all of this, especially considering you said Steph wanted them to trade for Cam.

It all makes sense, these agencies have agendas a lot of times that we never hear about.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I can see all of this, especially considering you said Steph wanted them to trade for Cam.

It all makes sense, these agencies have agendas a lot of times that we never hear about.

Yep, it didn't become real to Cam till the GS deal fell apart and Cleveland showed interest. At that point, it changed everything. Truth is, Cam should have left when everyone else did but he liked Octagon but Octagon has an agenda which came into fruition. 

Thankfully, Cam is back with Omar which is excellent for us

• Like 1