• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, thecampster said:

All were targeting Sengun.

Validating to me.

Early on, I latched on to the general idea that the General would be smart to try his darnedest to acquire a #2 PG via trade so he wouldn't have to get into any bidding wars in FA, and convinced that he'd be naturally allergic to the idea of having a rookie take-on such an important role for a team expecting to contend.

And with that, then, the primary objective for the draft would be to identify the future #2 PF who would ostensibly get a year as the #3. Barnes seemed practically unobtainable. But so I recall posting that if Sengun falls to you at #20, then you run-don't-walk to get that card turned in.

(But it's also true that I never paid any real attention to Jalen until the moment he was announced.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't asked about the rookies. It was all about what's on the roster and the key players who could be moved.

I was more thinking about the selection of him.  Seems if they were trying to move up for Primo and Segun, they weren't too high on Jalen going into draft night? I know they didn't work him out and that may be why. 

Edited by marco102

44 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I was more thinking about the selection of him.  Seems if they were trying to move up for Primo and Segun, they weren't too high on Jalen going into draft night? I know they didn't work him out and that may be why. 

From Travis own mouth, he was high on Jalen but he said he had him in the tier of guys who could be there at 20 and was right. 

Sharife was not expected to be their at 48. They were shocked he was there and they had him much higher than 48th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

The Sixers with FVF and OG are much scarier to me than Simmons.  Sixers going to blow it with Simmons

On Ingram i thought i heard rumors that Nola wanted to trade him but i could be wrong.   

I agree. If I’m Philly I take that deal. They can wait for Lillard all they want he’s not going anywhere. He’s gonna play a season under Billups.

FVV, OG and Embiid are a problem to me. Not to us though lol. 

FVV is one of the most underrated guys to me, well prolly not anymore but before his contract, the guy balls out. You can even play him some minutes at SG and opposing SG don’t want to back him down because mainly they can’t despite his height. 

If I’m Philly I gotta make a move though. Ben and Embiid won’t win a ring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The Sixers with FVF and OG are much scarier to me than Simmons.  Sixers going to blow it with Simmons

On Ingram i thought i heard rumors that Nola wanted to trade him but i could be wrong.   

He's not on the market but would be for Dame

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Agreed.  It's why I'm a bit confused why folks have PHI rated so highly.  Simmons trade or return to the lockerroom are both events that'll deflate them quite a bit.

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree. If I’m Philly I take that deal. They can wait for Lillard all they want he’s not going anywhere. He’s gonna play a season under Billups.

FVV, OG and Embiid are a problem to me. Not to us though lol. 

FVV is one of the most underrated guys to me, well prolly not anymore but before his contract, the guy balls out. You can even play him some minutes at SG and opposing SG don’t want to back him down because mainly they can’t despite his height. 

If I’m Philly I gotta make a move though. Ben and Embiid won’t win a ring.

I agree with you on most things but I disagree on FVV.  I think he was overrated even before the deal, even more so now that he's expensive.  He, like Siakim, will be getting exposed in the coming year/years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kg01 said:

I agree with you on most things but I disagree on FVV.  I think he was overrated even before the deal, even more so now that he's expensive.  He, like Siakim, will be getting exposed in the coming year/years.

Avatar bet? 😂 I’m craving somebody’s avatar.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Golden State and Atlanta was extremely close to a Cam Reddish/20 for #7 trade. Steph requested them to seriously look into Cam Reddish.

I guess Steph liked what he was when they worked out together last offseason.

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes any update on Huerter's possible extension and Mays' contract situation?

In progress, Mays is looking at all of his options. He wants a roster spot but he's looking at European offers. He's looking to see what's best for him long term. As long as he doesn't get a roster spot on another team, we have his rights 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

As long as he doesn't get a roster spot on another team, we have his rights 

Perhaps that's another (but unspoken) reason for not signing anyone for that 15th slot just yet... in case another team would offer a standard contract, and Schlenk has to consider whether to match or not.

• Like 1