• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Perhaps that's another (but unspoken) reason for not signing anyone for that 15th slot just yet... in case another team would offer a standard contract, and Schlenk has to consider whether to match or not.

From what I got, if he signs with another NBA team, we aren't matching. That said, there really arent that many open slots and he doesn't qualify for what teams are looking for at the moment. He's more of a two way which Atlanta has already offered. 

• Admin
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what I got, if he signs with another NBA team, we aren't matching. That said, there really arent that many open slots and he doesn't qualify for what teams are looking for at the moment. He's more of a two way which Atlanta has already offered. 

I would like to get him back … has shown he can handle himself when given minutes … he plays both guard positions and defends … good qualities to have.

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would like to get him back … has shown he can handle himself when given minutes … he plays both guard positions and defends … good qualities to have.

I’d like him back and on a two-way deal.

• Like 3

I like him, he’s solid. Having said that, if we could get a vet that’s more experienced for those rare minutes that’s cool too. Is there an aging point guard out there who can contribute, doesn’t want a lot of money and has experience as a solid option? Like a vet who stays ready. 

Like a new school Jarrett Jack before he retired. Like a guy that can pass some tricks to the youngsters. 

Whose left? 

Avery Bradley. Wes Matthews. Paul Millsap.

Ill take those vets over Mays. Having said that, Mays is still a solid young player. Reminds me a lot of Andre Miller when I watch him. Plays under control at his own pace with a below the rim type of game which is just fine for a 3rd string pg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Avery Bradley. Wes Matthews. Paul Millsap.

Ill take those vets over Mays. Having said that, Mays is still a solid young player. Reminds me a lot of Andre Miller when I watch him. Plays under control at his own pace with a below the rim type of game which is just fine for a 3rd string pg.

I wish we would just sign millsap and call it a day. It’s the perfect scenario and sap would probably catch some minutes with OO out and Jalen not necessarily being ready ….also great insurance in case injury for one of our bigs.

Millsap is a no brainer at this point for me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What happened to Goodwin?   Is he going to sign on somewhere?  or maybe g-league?

I have been asking that question as well. He had suitors before FA but once teams land other guys, the market stinks. If Indiana doesn't give him a TC contract to fight for a chance to be the 15th man. I can see him signing a two way deal. Considering his new girlfriend, I doubt Europe is an option he's willing to consider

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I find it very interesting that even those Cleveland fans don't want Simmons. 

Dude is becoming the greatest player ever that nobody wants on their team lol

I think IF he was willing to transition to PF he could be a desirable asset for certain teams, but if he's adamant that he's a PG, how do you live with a total 0 from anywhere outside of 5 feet at a guard spot?  Teams play off, clog the lane and it makes it so much harder for the offense to operate. I get that he's elite in the transition game, but guards have to at least offer the occasional jump shot to keep defenses honest.  

I just don't see how he has a spot as a lead guard on a modern NBA team. 

24 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think IF he was willing to transition to PF he could be a desirable asset for certain teams, but if he's adamant that he's a PG, how do you live with a total 0 from anywhere outside of 5 feet at a guard spot?  Teams play off, clog the lane and it makes it so much harder for the offense to operate. I get that he's elite in the transition game, but guards have to at least offer the occasional jump shot to keep defenses honest.  

I just don't see how he has a spot as a lead guard on a modern NBA team. 

@RedDawg#8

To elaborate on the above response, 365 NBA players this year attempted at least 5.0 shots per game.  Of those, Ben Simmons ranks 353rd in FGA outside the paint at 0.6 per game (source: NBA.com/stats).  Here's a list of players with less than 1 FGA per game outside the paint:

• Jarrett Allen
  • Zion Williamson
  • Cody Zeller
  • Mason Plumlee
  • Robin Lopez
  • Ben Simmons
  • Hassan Whiteside
  • Andre Drummond
  • Willy Hernangomez
  • Jakob Poeltl
  • Clint Capela
  • Rudy Gobert
  • Enes Kanter
  • Tristan Thompson
  • Ivica Zubac
  • Steven Adams
  • Moses Brown
  • Mitchell Robinson

Ben needs to accept reality that he's no longer a PG or a G of any sort.  He's Big in the NBA.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

@RedDawg#8

To elaborate on the above response, 365 NBA players this year attempted at least 5.0 shots per game.  Of those, Ben Simmons ranks 353rd in FGA outside the paint at 0.6 per game (source: NBA.com/stats).  Here's a list of players with less than 1 FGA per game outside the paint:

• Jarrett Allen
  • Zion Williamson
  • Cody Zeller
  • Mason Plumlee
  • Robin Lopez
  • Ben Simmons
  • Hassan Whiteside
  • Andre Drummond
  • Willy Hernangomez
  • Jakob Poeltl
  • Clint Capela
  • Rudy Gobert
  • Enes Kanter
  • Tristan Thompson
  • Ivica Zubac
  • Steven Adams
  • Moses Brown
  • Mitchell Robinson

Ben needs to accept reality that he's no longer a PG or a G of any sort.  He's Big in the NBA.  

He doesn't even need to shoot the three.  Just shoot the midrange. He's not as bad as his value amongst fans though.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Or ... orrr ... we start posting false rumors to mess with folks.

I'm with @kg01. This could be great fun. And seriously, do we really want non-Hawks fan traffic to start growing?

Now, we need a code word that @NBASupes inserts somewhere into his conman unsourced posts to signal that he's playing. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3