• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@thecampster came out raw today! Just BAM 💥!!! We haven’t gone to yoga today have we? 

ps Soften your gaze= stop lookin around the room at the ladies… :unsure:… ummm 🤨 

Namaste 🧘‍♀️ 

“It’s the pleats.  It’s all an illusion.”

if only I could make gifs work.  Y’all know the reference.  😆

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Going through that myself but my own pup, I get it.

2 year old German Sheppard surrendered by a breeder, abused. About 15 lbs under weight. Taught not to take treats. Show him a treat he gets scared (cheeseburger bits are an exception). Scared to go outside to relieve himself. Scared of hand signals, thrown balls toys, excited dogs. Was given alt commands so we don't know what sit, stay, leave it, come mean to him and he's resistant to any training because training means butt whoopins. Doesn't mind the vacuum cleaner, or lawn mower.  So we took him in to get the big snip hoping it would relieve his fear. Surgery had complications, had to go back in for a second procedure, wearing the cone of shame, slamming into everything trying to lick his junk. Moral of the story, breeders are bad people. Adopt and spay so I can get some sleep and don't come on the board discussing people's future surgical procedures.   We are day 14 of rehabilitation. Very slow goings. Milestone yesterday he was comfortable enough to free feed in the presence of other dogs, Is finally bonding with my alpha.

20210820_111656.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, thecampster said:

2 year old German Sheppard surrendered by a breeder, abused. About 15 lbs under weight. Taught not to take treats. Show him a treat he gets scared (cheeseburger bits are an exception). Scared to go outside to relieve himself. Scared of hand signals, thrown balls toys, excited dogs. Was given alt commands so we don't know what sit, stay, leave it, come mean to him and he's resistant to any training because training means butt whoopins. Doesn't mind the vacuum cleaner, or lawn mower.  So we took him in to get the big snip hoping it would relieve his fear. Surgery had complications, had to go back in for a second procedure, wearing the cone of shame, slamming into everything trying to lick his junk. Moral of the story, breeders are bad people. Adopt and spay so I can get some sleep and don't come on the board discussing people's future surgical procedures.   We are day 14 of rehabilitation. Very slow goings. Milestone yesterday he was comfortable enough to free feed in the presence of other dogs, Is finally bonding with my alpha.

20210820_111656.jpg

Puppy mills are indeed often sad and abusive situations.  Glad you are there to help these dogs but that has to be incredibly frustrating.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

20210820_111656.jpg

Maaan, that’s so bad. Hoping he feels better soon. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

He's incredibly sweet. Both my dogs have nipped him while annoying them and even though he's bigger, just takes it and sulks.  About 12 year ago I rescued and rehabilitated these 2.  The one on the left (Sam) they said was unfixable just like Dash. One on the right was from a litter separated from its mother at 4 weeks.  More of a raise than a rehab. Both gone now. This was from their first off leash park training session. There are no bad dogs, just bad owners.  Anyone wondering how to fix a dog they have with issues, look up Victoria Stillwell ("Its Me or the Dog" tv shows.). Probably the best dog rehab person I've ever seen. Can find her episodes on Youtube. I think they're available on demand.  Cesar wishes he was Victoria Stillwell.  Hey its still a pandemic. If you're looking for something to watch and want to understand your dog better, there is no better show.

image.png.7350c76982c967964004fec71f263fea.png

Oh no doubt. The gf and I have been watching Caesar’s show for over a decade or so. The dude is incredible and for sure it gives us lil tricks to try. 

We both absolutely love animals. 

Victoria Stillwell I’ve never heard of but will look into thanks. Agreed no bad dogs. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh no doubt. The gf and I have been watching Caesar’s show for over a decade or so. The dude is incredible and for sure it gives us lil tricks to try. 

We both absolutely love animals. 

Victoria Stillwell I’ve never heard of but will look into thanks. Agreed no bad dogs. 

She gets into psychology of the dog. Does a much better job of explaining it than Cesar and doesn't have any of the challenging dog, getting bit mishaps.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Talk to me about the Nance-for-CodeReddish stuff, @thecampster and @NBASupes

In the meantime, per NBASsupes, this rumor is legit.

There has never been a rumor of Larry Nance Jr that I can think of that's been recent. When Cam was on the market, it was massively higher than Nance's. Also, financially, that trade doesn't even work without pieces being added. Not sure where you heard Cam's name in this case but he was only available for Simmons, that pick swap GS deal which felt through and Atlanta wanted a top 4 protected pick which isn't even on the market anymore since he changed agents. As of right now, there is no deal that's out there for any Hawk. They are riding with who they are riding with for the foreseeable future. 

• Thanks 3