• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Definitive Trae Young Write Up--Maybe the best that has been written on him so far

Wurider05

Nice write up, but honestly it won't anyone's opinion.  Shoot people on this board deny Lebron';s greatness.  People say MJ wasn't as good as people and a product of his era.  People say a lot ish facts be damned.  Trae should just win and he and Luka can count rings when it's over.   Hopefully the Magic vs Bird of our future times.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dejay said:

Other than missing the fact that the Dallas pick used to get Cam Reddish was top-3 protected, A+ on the thesis paper, kid.

I was initially one of those who bemoaned the trade when it took place; now, I'm one of Trae's biggest supporters. It's one of the few times as a Hawks fan that I was totally wrong about a lottery pick of theirs (the SAR trade and Acie Law being the exceptions). And I was dead wrong on this one.

The thing when I saw Trae turning the corner and me being needled by everyone in the barber shop with 'haha, remember Trae? You said you didn't like him...' was that I hoped that the Hawks' front office didn't do to him as their predecessors did to Nique in his heyday over 30 years ago. That is sit on their hands in the offseason while hoping that he can do the impossible with middling guys who wouldn't have seen the court on contending teams of that era. That was a bigger fear of mine than wondering was he better than Luca Doncic. 

It goes like this for me; after two seasons (the last being interrupted by the 'rona), Trae is already the greatest scorer the Hawks have had in this city since Nique and the best passer since...maybe Doc or Maravich? If he could hang up the numbers he has with a bunch of young guys still learning the pro game and unproductive veterans who would have a hard time beating Mercer or Georgia State, I'm already on Cloud-9 thinking of what he can do with REAL players on the court this season.

In other words, Luka has gotten off to a great start but the race isn't over yet. And Trae just pulled into the pit stop to get a fresh set of tires and a tank full of gas...

That last sentence has me hyped

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Nice write up, but honestly it won't anyone's opinion.  Shoot people on this board deny Lebron';s greatness.  People say MJ wasn't as good as people and a product of his era.  People say a lot ish facts be damned.  Trae should just win and he and Luka can count rings when it's over.   Hopefully the Magic vs Bird of our future times.

I been saying this for awhile. Trae v. Luka is Magic v. Bird. It's Luka fans that refuse this point. They had every excuse in the world how his rookie year ended. They knew we were tanking last season and talked shit to now to act like this isn't a rivalry and this year, with KP out, we will be much better than them and they will cop pleas as to why this doesn't count, etc, etc. 

At the end of the day, Trae can be the greatest offensive player to ever play. So can Luka. This will be Ronaldo v. Messi. Magic v. Bird. These are two of the most skilled guards to play the game. These are special offensive stars. I am happy with had a chance at both of them and pass on one to pair Trae with Cam who can be elite as well. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You didn't like the Doc Rivers, Kevin Willis, Moses Malone, Reggie Theus, Eddie Johnson, Tree Rollins, Kenny Smith, Cliff Livingston, Antoine Carr, Mookie Blaylock, Plastic Man, Craig Ehlo?

To quote Hulk Hogan when Ted Dibiase offered to buy the WWF World Title off of him...

'HELLLLL NOOOOOO!!!!!'

First off, Moses Malone (RIP) and Theus were both passed their primes by the time they got here. Rollins was still reliable defensively but clearly lost a step by the time Nique got things going. Kenny Smith was here for about eight seconds before leaving town to win titles in Houston. I never, Ever, EVER liked Augmon or his style of play (you know I openly revile wing guys who can't fire away true from the outside). If Fast Eddie had left the drugs alone, Rivers wouldn't have been here in the first place. Speaking of which, I loved Rivers and Mookie but would gladly trade either of them for Dennis Johnson or Isiah Thomas in their respective primes. That leaves Carr, Ehlo, and Levingston, the latter helping the Bulls win titles. They were good coming off the bench so I have no real beef with either of them.

So no, I never thought all that much of the 'help' that Nique had in the mid-late '80s, especially in comparison to the help that Jordan, Bird, Magic, and Isiah had while winning rings. Hell, even Clyde had better guys riding shotgun in Portland while losing in the Finals...

Edited by Dejay