• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Son's graduation gift is done - Computer Flame Build

thecampster

• Moderators

Wholly molely.   That's awesome and crazy.   Well i just made big political response to you but now I'm not so sure.    Looking at this you obviously are a whole heck of a lot smarter than me :).   I don't have the patience, or really the know how anymore, to get something like that together. 

I've seen some tricked out boxes but this takes the cake.   Is this for gaming or something more intensive?

55 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wholly molely.   That's awesome and crazy.   Well i just made big political response to you but now I'm not so sure.    Looking at this you obviously are a whole heck of a lot smarter than me :).   I don't have the patience, or really the know how anymore, to get something like that together. 

I've seen some tricked out boxes but this takes the cake.   Is this for gaming or something more intensive?

He gave up gaming for a year and a half to make sure he finished his degree. This was his reward. Games and plans to stream a good bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Easier than you might think. The hard part is managing all the cables for those fans. 

The case is the Lian Li PC-011D XL in black. Intel 10850k (because its what we could get our hands on), AMD 6800 video card, Oloy RGB memory, Enermax Liqtech II RGB AIO cooler and 10 Bitspower Touchaqua RGB fans.

For the glass etching : Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream, self-adhesive vinyl and a Silhouette Cameo to cut the vinyl pattern. Paint the cream over the pattern holes. Let sit 10 mins. Rinse clean.  Hard part is finding the right image and well...having a tool like a Silhouette Cameo. Let the crafty wife handle that part.

• Like 1

So 8 days, 1 motherboard replacement, 1 faulty rgb controller, fighting with windows activation and me swapping video cards with him later (he got the 3080). It is finally done.

131570507_10220173802388206_698962312206

131053868_10220173802468208_208213968422

We swapped out the 6800 (in my box now) for an Nvidia 3080. Motherboard wouldn't read memory, had a damaged cpu socket. So swapped it out for a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master.  Had a faulty RGB controller so had to load all the rbg onto 1.   But it is finally done.

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

An update to this thread, the wife enjoyed helping with my son's build so much that we built her her own.  Then we built one for my son's girlfriend when she graduated college 6 months later. So now I'm the only one with a boring build.....soooo

Its finally time for me to swap my parts into a big boy case. I'm going full custom loop water cooling and I'm itching to glam up the case.

Images will be incoming. Color scheme is going to be purple (with maybe a smidge of silver) on a black case.

Prep work has begun. Waiting on a few parts (leak tester, etc).

If anyone has any Hawks' related design ideas (or is talented with air brushing) let me know. I'd love to paint the top/side of the case but I'm very married to the purple fluid color and using that same purple in any accent design

image.png.fb948b444a9a354ff5db836a8ce55cab.png

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

I was at it again, this time, a 500 mile trip up to the see the grandson.  I made the 5 year old participate and learn. We had some left over parts after upgrading the wife to the Azza 804v pyramid case.

image.thumb.jpeg.01f4c6ed284b35227573ca8713cc1822.jpeg

So we bought some more parts and involved a 5 year old in making a Wolf themed pc. Enjoy.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed1868b3479917abbb447c3e9171c4b4.jpeg

Things to notice.  Husky/wolf animals on the desk, wolf XXL desk mouse/keyboard mat, custom 3D printed fan covers, Vinyl wolf stickers front and glass side, and wolf prints on the back/top.  Yes, this went to a 5 year old.

11700k, 1660 super (will replace when he's older), 32gig ram, 1TB m.2 hard drive. Z-Edge 24 inch curved monitor.

image.thumb.jpeg.f8fb8ded5479c7047b48038a51afd3d1.jpeg

• Like 2