Son's graduation gift is done - Computer Flame Build

Wholly molely.   That's awesome and crazy.   Well i just made big political response to you but now I'm not so sure.    Looking at this you obviously are a whole heck of a lot smarter than me :).   I don't have the patience, or really the know how anymore, to get something like that together. 

I've seen some tricked out boxes but this takes the cake.   Is this for gaming or something more intensive?

55 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wholly molely.   That's awesome and crazy.   Well i just made big political response to you but now I'm not so sure.    Looking at this you obviously are a whole heck of a lot smarter than me :).   I don't have the patience, or really the know how anymore, to get something like that together. 

I've seen some tricked out boxes but this takes the cake.   Is this for gaming or something more intensive?

He gave up gaming for a year and a half to make sure he finished his degree. This was his reward. Games and plans to stream a good bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Easier than you might think. The hard part is managing all the cables for those fans. 

The case is the Lian Li PC-011D XL in black. Intel 10850k (because its what we could get our hands on), AMD 6800 video card, Oloy RGB memory, Enermax Liqtech II RGB AIO cooler and 10 Bitspower Touchaqua RGB fans.

For the glass etching : Armour Etch Glass Etching Cream, self-adhesive vinyl and a Silhouette Cameo to cut the vinyl pattern. Paint the cream over the pattern holes. Let sit 10 mins. Rinse clean.  Hard part is finding the right image and well...having a tool like a Silhouette Cameo. Let the crafty wife handle that part.

• Like 1

So 8 days, 1 motherboard replacement, 1 faulty rgb controller, fighting with windows activation and me swapping video cards with him later (he got the 3080). It is finally done.

131570507_10220173802388206_698962312206

131053868_10220173802468208_208213968422

We swapped out the 6800 (in my box now) for an Nvidia 3080. Motherboard wouldn't read memory, had a damaged cpu socket. So swapped it out for a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master.  Had a faulty RGB controller so had to load all the rbg onto 1.   But it is finally done.

• Like 4