• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBASupes Eastern Conference Projection Chart 2020-21

NBASupes

17 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Wait wut?  Am I imagining you ranking Bklyn 6th, Atl 9th, and Clev 11th in the East? How you now sayin those are the teams you liked? 

Read the ratings. Hawks and Brooklyn got maxed out for talent. What hurt Atlanta was LP was the worst coach in the NBA last year and this year, he's performing extremely well. Steve Nash received a lower score because he wasn't a coach before and both teams got hit on fit for the obvious as they were new together while Kyrie hurt Brooklyn last year fit wise. If you guys bothered to read the thread, you would have seen, Atlanta has potential to be the best team on this list with Brooklyn. You would have read that I am personally high on Cleveland regardless of the metrics or down on Washington, regardless of the metrics. 

1. Fit

2. Talent

3. System 

4. Star player/players, usually top impact guy and the other stars on your roster

5. Depth

6. Experience

Point Chart Max: 35 + 30 + 20 + 12 + 2 + 1

Brooklyn: 15 + 30 + 10 + 12 + 2 + 1 = 70

Atlanta:  20 + 30 + 0 + 8 + 2 + 0 = 60

Cleveland: 10 + 20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 0 = 42

As of right now with games played: 

Brooklyn: 35 + 30 + 20 + 12 + 2 + 1 = 100

Atlanta:  30 + 30 + 20 + 10 + 2 + 0 = 92

Cleveland: 30 + 20 + 15 + 5 + 2 + 0 = 72

If you notice, Cleveland is not far from Philly right now. They are getting good production from every position. What's the question for Cleveland is, is it real? Is the fit a 30 or is it a 20 getting lucky for a weak schedule. 

Atlanta question is similar, is the fit for real? Like Cleveland, I don't doubt the coaching improvement because I saw signs of this last year and for Atlanta, I saw signs of this in LP's rookie HC year. Both Atlanta and Brooklyn have lived up to the elite talent rating. Both have insane talent overall. Atlanta is more spread out outside of Trae. 

Brooklyn was a team I felt could be a 100 but I needed to see the fit and coaching. To get a 70 with major fit questions and coaching questions is extremely hard. 

On 12/7/2020 at 1:48 PM, NBASupes said:

For @JTB, @marco102, @AHF and @JayBirdHawk as well as all Hawk fans: 

My chart on playoffs teams or teams in general is this:

1. Fit

2. Talent

3. System 

4. Star player, usually top impact guy

5. Depth

6. Experience - which is usually important BBIQ and execution, not that big of a deal for RS success.

Fit is the most critical piece to team building. You can have LeBron and still lose a lot without it.

Talent, you must have the talent. You don't have to have the best but you must have enough. The least talented team of all time considering the era of competition to win 60 games was the Hawks lead by Horford, Sap, Teague, Korver and DMC.

System is not critical like fit is but it's important. You must have a system, without one, you look like OKC where its player based. Guys with marginal talent or impact could severely struggle in this situation.

Usually your best player usually tells me where you are at especially in today's NBA. Just by that, I can project if you are underrated or overrated. While it's not as important as 1-3. It's still important, especially for the playoffs.

While depth is more important for the regular season than the playoffs, it's still has a level of importance. The better you are, the better your chances of winning RS games is for unit optimization.

Experience is the least important. Does it help yes especially in the playoffs. But for the RS, it's not that important outside of chemistry and execution. That's where experience is important. For the playoffs where execution is critical is where experience is most important.

1. Fit

2. Talent

3. System 

4. Star player/players, usually top impact guy and the other stars on your roster

5. Depth

6. Experience

Point Chart: 35 + 30 + 20 + 12 + 2 + 1

20 + 5 + 10 + 3 + 1+ 0

I changed my points system for the first time as no one will get a bulk on points unless they are elite at it. 

Notes: LA has overtaken Milwaukee as my best team with a 99% overall grade - Miami made the biggest jump going from 49% to 95% - Orlando dropped the most from last year - Atlanta was my biggest flop from a year ago - 

Added more details

1. Milwaukee 98% - They have everything needed to win a title but depth. The move to land Holiday who's a much better playoff player than he is a RS player. I don't think he's a big upgrade over Bledsoe in the RS but he is a massive one in the playoffs. They lost a lot of quality depth that helped in the RS but stunk in the playoffs. I am not sure they can do their rest management considering the amount of quality vets they lost. Matthews will hurt but Hill will hurt a lot more but mainly, MIL abandoned overly focusing on the RS to focus on the playoffs.  35 + 29 + 20 + 12 + 1 + 1 

2. Boston 95% - They are a 100% lock for the playoffs and have everything but the needed top tier depth but their depth is still solid. They are one of the team I expect to improve this upcoming year. Tristian Thompson move is underrated.  35 + 25 + 20 + 12 + 2 + 1

3. Heat 93% After I projected them to be a 10th seed type of team with DET and no Wall WAS last year at 49%. The moved up to 93%. Why? Bam made a massive jump to stardom. Butler was an even better fit. Dragic stayed heathy. Duncan Robinson emerged. I was right on Herro. Their fit, talent, offense, shooting, and defense skyrocketed. 35 + 25 + 20 +10 + 2 + 1

4. Toronto 81% - I missed on them because Lowry didn't regress at all and others stepped up as well as their depth was really good last year. Their fit worked extremely good as well. While their balanced like spread on a loaf of bread, their talent is what gets them. They just lack the talent to be a serious team in the East. They remind me of the Millsap Hawks but more talented. 35 + 15 + 20 + 8 + 2 + 1

5. Philly 75% - Ultimately, they have everything but they are low on fit and sadly for them, it's proven so this is not a let's see situation in Philly. That's their biggest question mark. If they can address this which it seems like they have improved to a degree, they could go to another level if they remain healthy. 15 + 30 + 15 + 12 + 2 + 1

6. Brooklyn 70% - They have elite talent and elite depth which matters in both the playoffs and RS since it's elite but fit and system are the question for these talented Nets. If the fit and system is also elite, this is the best team in the NBA. They have excellent fit on paper but paper is NOT proof. Not just the east. 15 + 30 + 10 + 12 + 2 + 1

7. Pacers 64% - They are a very talented team. Easily more talented on paper than Toronto. What hurts them is fit which is proven. They remind me of a better coached Woody era Hawks team with a better coach (McMillian). They hired a new coach to get the most out of their talented core. I ultimately think they will have to make a major trade at some point. 20 + 25 + 10 + 6 + 2 + 1

8. Orlando 63% - They got everything for the regular season like last year but my new metrics is harsh on them this year as they are middle of the pack and and last year awarded their ability to get the points. This year, they have to earn them. 25 + 15 + 15 + 6 + 1 + 1

9t. Atlanta 60% - Last year, I overrated them viciously because this was the biggest underachiever of 2019-2020, yes bigger than LAC because LAC did get to where I thought they could have issues. Last year, I hit on Trae success. Missed on damn near everyone else in the core but the depth, especially JC. I had him being a lot better than he was and I was wrong for that as I didn't realize teams would adjust so well to what he does well and expose his issue areas constantly. They fit extremely well on paper but paper is NOT proof. The talent is special and I don't need proof of the games to see that.  Coaching was WOAT last year while LP was excellent in a year 1 coach the year before but LP is on the hot seat for a reason. He will get a zero but I truly believe he can be a 20 this year. There are questions of who's the 2nd best player atm but this can quickly change as we saw with Miami last year. Depth is there. Experience is not. This is a team I think could win the east if things turn around because like Brooklyn, the talent is elite. We just need to see the fit and the system. 20 + 30 + 0 + 8 + 2 + 0

9t. Wizards 60% - My metrics likes them in 2020-21 a lot more than I do. It likes their system for their personnel. They do have ample talent. I would say above average in the east. Their defense is their biggest issue. They should be in the mix for the play-in game. I don't see a lot of potential considering the below average fit overall. The young players with talent don't exactly fit Beal or Westbrook. Beal is such a big reason for their rank.  15 + 20 + 15 + 8 + 1 + 1

11t. Chicago 42% - They are decent at 1-6 but not good at anything. They lost some depth but once again, decent in most areas out of fit. Coaching could see them improve a bit. 10 + 15 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1

11t. Cavs 42% - Like last year, they could be good but health is the big issue with this team.  They added Drummond which is major. They still have depth but even better than last year. Now that Garland is in year 2, he should be much better. J.B. will have to build on that 6-6 record to end the season. 10 + 20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 0

13. Hornets 39% - They caught a lot of people off guard last year but after Dec, they were easy food. This year they are rocking with a rookie PG and while Hayward gives them a solid #1 option, they are lacking in key metrics. My metrics hates rookie PG's who start. It also hated rookie Trae. My metrics sees the fit benefiting Melo and likes CHA fit on paper.  20 + 5 + 10 + 3 + 1+ 0

14.Pistons 37% - I gave Blake a 1 for star power and didn't see anyone with him for next year.  They aren't a lottery lock but they are pretty darn close. 15 + 5 + 16 + 1 + 0 + 0

15. Knicks 33% - R.J. and Obi is a nice start to the rebuild but the players around them simply don't fit that well.  They are getting a 10 on fit due to R.J. fitting Obi well which is all that matters. He also fits Robinson M. 10 + 10 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 0

This list is why I love sports. 

Both Boston and Milwaukee have 2 losses already, Brooklyn 1 and meanwhile, numbers 7,8,9,11 from this list are all undefeated. Nobody just hands you anything. You still have to go out, play the games and earn it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

This list is why I love sports. 

Both Boston and Milwaukee have 2 losses already, Brooklyn 1 and meanwhile, numbers 7,8,9,11 from this list are all undefeated. Nobody just hands you anything. You still have to go out, play the games and earn it.

It also shows the potential for improvement. 

Orlando has continuity. They just add pieces like Anthony. But Fultz is emerging like Teague did for us in the Iso Joe years. They already know how to win games and more importantly how they will win games. They remind me of the old Hawks because people count them out every year but they been together and have been a playoff team every year while always dealing with terrible health outside of their core vet guys. 

Indy has good grades but I questioned coaching change and Oladipo full return and his level, could it hurt them. So far, it has not, if anything they are scoring more. Defensively, they have been questionable but offensively, they look good.

Cleveland was performing well when Garland was playing good Basketball. No shock that rookie PGs who start are usually horrible, especially raw ones but Darius has showed massive improvement and in return, Cleveland looks like a different team but one I was expecting to look good personally. 

We spoke about Atlanta. 

That's why I always say, read what I write, don't read the standings because my writings will showcase my true feelings.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, NBASupes said:

For @JTB, @marco102, @AHF and @JayBirdHawk as well as all Hawk fans: 

My chart on playoffs teams or teams in general is this:

1. Fit

2. Talent

3. System 

4. Star player, usually top impact guy

5. Depth

6. Experience - which is usually important BBIQ and execution, not that big of a deal for RS success.

Fit is the most critical piece to team building. You can have LeBron and still lose a lot without it.

Talent, you must have the talent. You don't have to have the best but you must have enough. The least talented team of all time considering the era of competition to win 60 games was the Hawks lead by Horford, Sap, Teague, Korver and DMC.

System is not critical like fit is but it's important. You must have a system, without one, you look like OKC where its player based. Guys with marginal talent or impact could severely struggle in this situation.

Usually your best player usually tells me where you are at especially in today's NBA. Just by that, I can project if you are underrated or overrated. While it's not as important as 1-3. It's still important, especially for the playoffs.

While depth is more important for the regular season than the playoffs, it's still has a level of importance. The better you are, the better your chances of winning RS games is for unit optimization.

Experience is the least important. Does it help yes especially in the playoffs. But for the RS, it's not that important outside of chemistry and execution. That's where experience is important. For the playoffs where execution is critical is where experience is most important.

1. Fit

2. Talent

3. System 

5. Depth

6. Experience

20 + 5 + 10 + 3 + 1+ 0

I changed my points system for the first time as no one will get a bulk on points unless they are elite at it. 

Notes: LA has overtaken Milwaukee as my best team with a 99% overall grade - Miami made the biggest jump going from 49% to 95% - Orlando dropped the most from last year - Atlanta was my biggest flop from a year ago - 

Added more details

1. Milwaukee 98% - They have everything needed to win a title but depth. The move to land Holiday who's a much better playoff player than he is a RS player. I don't think he's a big upgrade over Bledsoe in the RS but he is a massive one in the playoffs. They lost a lot of quality depth that helped in the RS but stunk in the playoffs. I am not sure they can do their rest management considering the amount of quality vets they lost. Matthews will hurt but Hill will hurt a lot more but mainly, MIL abandoned overly focusing on the RS to focus on the playoffs.  35 + 29 + 20 + 12 + 1 + 1 

2. Boston 95% - They are a 100% lock for the playoffs and have everything but the needed top tier depth but their depth is still solid. They are one of the team I expect to improve this upcoming year. Tristian Thompson move is underrated.  35 + 25 + 20 + 12 + 2 + 1

3. Heat 93% After I projected them to be a 10th seed type of team with DET and no Wall WAS last year at 49%. The moved up to 93%. Why? Bam made a massive jump to stardom. Butler was an even better fit. Dragic stayed heathy. Duncan Robinson emerged. I was right on Herro. Their fit, talent, offense, shooting, and defense skyrocketed. 35 + 25 + 20 +10 + 2 + 1

4. Toronto 81% - I missed on them because Lowry didn't regress at all and others stepped up as well as their depth was really good last year. Their fit worked extremely good as well. While their balanced like spread on a loaf of bread, their talent is what gets them. They just lack the talent to be a serious team in the East. They remind me of the Millsap Hawks but more talented. 35 + 15 + 20 + 8 + 2 + 1

5. Philly 75% - Ultimately, they have everything but they are low on fit and sadly for them, it's proven so this is not a let's see situation in Philly. That's their biggest question mark. If they can address this which it seems like they have improved to a degree, they could go to another level if they remain healthy. 15 + 30 + 15 + 12 + 2 + 1

6. Brooklyn 70% - They have elite talent and elite depth which matters in both the playoffs and RS since it's elite but fit and system are the question for these talented Nets. If the fit and system is also elite, this is the best team in the NBA. They have excellent fit on paper but paper is NOT proof. Not just the east. 15 + 30 + 10 + 12 + 2 + 1

7. Pacers 64% - They are a very talented team. Easily more talented on paper than Toronto. What hurts them is fit which is proven. They remind me of a better coached Woody era Hawks team with a better coach (McMillian). They hired a new coach to get the most out of their talented core. I ultimately think they will have to make a major trade at some point. 20 + 25 + 10 + 6 + 2 + 1

8. Orlando 63% - They got everything for the regular season like last year but my new metrics is harsh on them this year as they are middle of the pack and and last year awarded their ability to get the points. This year, they have to earn them. 25 + 15 + 15 + 6 + 1 + 1

9t. Atlanta 60% - Last year, I overrated them viciously because this was the biggest underachiever of 2019-2020, yes bigger than LAC because LAC did get to where I thought they could have issues. Last year, I hit on Trae success. Missed on damn near everyone else in the core but the depth, especially JC. I had him being a lot better than he was and I was wrong for that as I didn't realize teams would adjust so well to what he does well and expose his issue areas constantly. They fit extremely well on paper but paper is NOT proof. The talent is special and I don't need proof of the games to see that.  Coaching was WOAT last year while LP was excellent in a year 1 coach the year before but LP is on the hot seat for a reason. He will get a zero but I truly believe he can be a 20 this year. There are questions of who's the 2nd best player atm but this can quickly change as we saw with Miami last year. Depth is there. Experience is not. This is a team I think could win the east if things turn around because like Brooklyn, the talent is elite. We just need to see the fit and the system. 20 + 30 + 0 + 8 + 2 + 0

9t. Wizards 60% - My metrics likes them in 2020-21 a lot more than I do. It likes their system for their personnel. They do have ample talent. I would say above average in the east. Their defense is their biggest issue. They should be in the mix for the play-in game. I don't see a lot of potential considering the below average fit overall. The young players with talent don't exactly fit Beal or Westbrook. Beal is such a big reason for their rank.  15 + 20 + 15 + 8 + 1 + 1

11t. Chicago 42% - They are decent at 1-6 but not good at anything. They lost some depth but once again, decent in most areas out of fit. Coaching could see them improve a bit. 10 + 15 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1

11t. Cavs 42% - Like last year, they could be good but health is the big issue with this team.  They added Drummond which is major. They still have depth but even better than last year. Now that Garland is in year 2, he should be much better. J.B. will have to build on that 6-6 record to end the season. 10 + 20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 0

13. Hornets 39% - They caught a lot of people off guard last year but after Dec, they were easy food. This year they are rocking with a rookie PG and while Hayward gives them a solid #1 option, they are lacking in key metrics. My metrics hates rookie PG's who start. It also hated rookie Trae. My metrics sees the fit benefiting Melo and likes CHA fit on paper.  20 + 5 + 10 + 3 + 1+ 0

14.Pistons 37% - I gave Blake a 1 for star power and didn't see anyone with him for next year.  They aren't a lottery lock but they are pretty darn close. 15 + 5 + 16 + 1 + 0 + 0

15. Knicks 33% - R.J. and Obi is a nice start to the rebuild but the players around them simply don't fit that well.  They are getting a 10 on fit due to R.J. fitting Obi well which is all that matters. He also fits Robinson M. 10 + 10 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 0

With McMillan at the helm and our current roster. Not concerning injuries which hurt us obviously

20 + 25 + 15 + 8 + 2 + 0 = 70

We dropped 5 points in talent. Mainly due to Trae, Kevin, and Cam. Hunter prevented us from losing 5 more points. 

McMillan is a top 10 NBA coach and LP been the worst in the NBA for two years straight with Luke Walton being a close 3rd. Saunders with MIN was a 0 as well. Both have been removed. 

Our fit is fine. Our roster when healthy should be fine. Going from a horrible coach to a very good coach should be massive for us.

Teams that really regressed:

Miami, Boston, Toronto, and Indy but Indy issue was the Dipo thread that was horrible. They need to mulligan that deal. Fit seem to took a massive dump for the 4. 

Teams with massive improvement:

Knicks, Bulls, Hornets, Philly, and Brooklyn. Philly and Brooklyn was expected. Chicago, not a shock. NY and CHA have been surprised teams. Fit and coaching plus but teams got talent boost.

• 2 months later...

Update 5/6/2021

1. Fit

2. Talent

3. System 

5. Depth

6. Experience

1. Brooklyn 100% -  35 + 30 + 20 + 12 + 2 + 1

2. Milwaukee 98% - 35 + 29 + 20 + 12 + 1 + 1 

3. Philly 97% - 33 + 30 + 20 + 12 + 1 + 1

4. Atlanta 92% - 30 + 30 + 20 + 10 + 2 + 0 Previously: 20 + 30 + 0 + 8 + 2 + 0 Fit massively improved as did System due to LP to Nate.

5. Knicks 90% - 35 + 20 + 20 + 6 + 2 + 0 Previously 10 + 10 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 0 Most improved team in the NBA. 

6. Boston 85% - 26 + 30 + 15 + 12 + 1 + 1 Previously 35 + 25 + 20 + 12 + 2 + 1

7. Heat 83% 25 + 25 + 20 +10 + 2 + 1 Previously:  35 + 25 + 20 +10 + 2 + 1 Fit killed them. They had the perfect fit now it's rough without Jae and some of the other vets. 

8. Hornets 74% 25 + 25 + 20 + 3 + 1+ 0 Previously:  20 + 5 + 10 + 3 + 1+ 0. One of the most improved teams. 

9t. Pacers 60% - 20 + 25 + 6 + 6 + 2 + 1 Previously 20 + 25 + 10 + 6 + 2 + 1 I was dead on for Indy. Nate B just been below average closer to bad. 

9t. Wizards 60% - My metrics likes them in 2020-21 a lot more than I do. It likes their system for their personnel. They do have ample talent. I would say above average in the east. Their defense is their biggest issue. They should be in the mix for the play-in game. I don't see a lot of potential considering the below average fit overall. The young players with talent don't exactly fit Beal or Westbrook. Beal is such a big reason for their rank.  15 + 20 + 15 + 8 + 1 + 1 - No change for Washington, my metrics were dead on with them. 

11. Toronto 45% 15 + 10 + 10 + 8 + 1 + 1 Previously - 81% - 35 + 15 + 20 + 8 + 2 + 1 - Massive fall from grace. My 2020 prediction came a year late. 

12. Chicago 42% -  10 + 15 + 10 + 4 + 2 + 1 No changes. Dead-on with Chicago. 

13. Cavs 34% -  10 + 20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 0 Previously 10 + 20 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 0

14. Orlando 33% - 10 + 5 + 10 + 6 + 1 + 1 Previously 25 + 15 + 15 + 6 + 1 + 1

15.Pistons 30% - 15 + 5 + 10 + 1 + 0 + 0

Most improved: Knicks, Hornets, Hawks. 

Exceeded Expectations: Nets, Sixers, and Hawks. 

Got Worse: Boston, Toronto, and Orlando

• Thanks 3

On 12/7/2020 at 10:48 AM, NBASupes said:

Really glad you’re eatin crow on this one Supes I can’t stand them! Any growth in the Celtics hurts me.

• Like 1

🤔 obviously glad this was a miss as well.

• Like 1

Nobody saw this coming.