Clint Capela Top 3 East Center?

sillent

Embiid, Bam and Vucevic are all balling this year. 
Embiid is number 1, no question.

Bam's earned some extra-respect points with his impact in getting the Heat to the Finals. 

Clint and Vucevic both have a case for #3. Clint defensively has the edge, but Vuce is really putting work in on offense.

We have better record so maybe you say Clint. But you can't sleep on a guy doing this either:

Stats agree with my assessment 

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/c/league/east

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
On 12/9/2020 at 8:10 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

1. Embiid 

2. Adebayo

3. Vucevic

4. Drummond

5. Capela

He can possibly move into the top 3 this year. 

It depends on how much a rebound is worth versus scoring.   Here's an example...   Clint vs. Bam

[code]                                                                                                                                          
Rk         Player  Season Age  G GS   MP  FG  FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P  2PA  2P% eFG%  FT FTA  FT% ORB  DRB  TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
1     Bam Adebayo 2020-21  23 14 14 32.4 7.5 12.4 .607 0.1 0.2 .667 7.4 12.1 .606 .613 5.6 6.5 .857 1.6  7.4  9.0 5.4 0.8 0.9 3.3 2.6 20.7
2    Clint Capela 2020-21  26 14 14 29.9 6.0 10.6 .568 0.0      0.0 6.0 10.6 .568 .568 2.1 3.8 .547 4.8 10.0 14.8 1.1 0.9 2.3 1.4 1.9 14.1
[/code]

Provided by [url=https://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool]Stathead.com[/url]: [url=https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool]View Stathead Tool Used[/url]
Generated 1/27/2021.

Bam's offense is better but Clint's rebounding is spectacular. 

• Premium Member

Rk         Player  Season Age  G GS   MP  FG  FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P  2PA  2P% eFG%  FT FTA  FT% ORB  DRB  TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
1     Bam Adebayo 2020-21  23 14 14 32.4 7.5 12.4 .607 0.1 0.2 .667 7.4 12.1 .606 .613 5.6 6.5 .857 1.6  7.4  9.0 5.4 0.8 0.9 3.3 2.6 20.7
2    Clint Capela 2020-21  26 14 14 29.9 6.0 10.6 .568 0.0      0.0 6.0 10.6 .568 .568 2.1 3.8 .547 4.8 10.0 14.8 1.1 0.9 2.3 1.4 1.9 14.1
Provided by Stathead.com: View Stathead Tool Used
Generated 1/27/2021. Edited by Diesel
idk what I'm doing.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:21 AM, Gray Mule said:

I expect Bruno to be so much better this season.  Why do I mention this?  Because he will have one of the top centers in the east playing in front of him.  When you learn from the best, you will be better yourself.

Bruno came to the Hawks as a green rookie.  His mother was ill.  Had to be a major distraction.  Then, she passed away.  Bruno went overseas for the funeral and to be with family.  All this delayed his learning to play as a center in the NBA.

Hawks are 2 deep at every position this season.  Capela, thought to be a candidate for an all star spot in the west, was injured and traded to the Hawks.  He has had time to completely heal.  We hope that he will be injury free this upcoming season.  The best part of his game is defense and scoring inside.  This was what the Atlanta Hawks was missing last season.

Bruno has so many things going for him this season.  Capela, if healthy, will be one of the best centers in the east and, I gotta believe, Atlanta's back up center will grow and grow behind him....

:hi:

I like your positive take. The thing is with Bruno is his TERRIBLE awareness.  Never seems fully engaged.  I'm not sure this can be fixed.  Zero progress has been shown.  Immediately being outplayed by an undrafted FA isn't a good sign.  Either you have a feel for the NBA game or you don't.  Maybe he will work it out and I hope it does but he has made it much tougher on himself.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

I like your positive take. The thing is with Bruno is his TERRIBLE awareness.  Never seems fully engaged.  I'm not sure this can be fixed.  Zero progress has been shown.  Immediately being outplayed by an undrafted FA isn't a good sign.  Either you have a feel for the NBA game or you don't.  Maybe he will work it out and I hope it does but he has made it much tougher on himself.

What a minute...  NateDog is going to be great.   NateDog was a great player in College and he was just overlooked.  He's the TomBrady of the NBA. 

On 12/9/2020 at 8:10 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

1. Embiid 

2. Adebayo

3. Vucevic

4. Drummond

5. Capela

He can possibly move into the top 3 this year. 

Respectfully disagree. Capela is better than Drummond.  Capela is the better on ball and pick and roll defender by a large margin. Even in rebounding and Drummond is the better offensive threat (at the moment, Capela has upside here).

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What a minute...  NateDog is going to be great.   NateDog was a great player in College and he was just overlooked.  He's the TomBrady of the NBA. 

😂😂😂 I actually agree with your second sentence even though you are being sarcastic 😂

I had hopes for Bruno.  Right now, the best thing that could happen for him and for the Hawks is for him to be traded.  He can't improve if he never plays.  When the Hawks drafted Agent 0017 and signed Nathan Knight, we all knew that Bruno was not long for this team.

The best laid plans of mice and men off time go astray.  I had hopes for Skal also.  This too failed.

😜

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I had hopes for Bruno.  Right now, the best thing that could happen for him and for the Hawks is for him to be traded.  He can't improve if he never plays.  When the Hawks drafted Agent 0017 and signed Nathan Knight, we all knew that Bruno was not long for this team.

The best laid plans of mice and men off time go astray.  I had hopes for Skal also.  This too failed.

😜

We'd probably get a 2nd rounder.  I wouldn't trade him though, we still need practice bodies and with the COVID uncertainties you never know when an opportunity may rear it's head.  

I would send him to one of the GL affiliates when the season starts in Orlando so he can get some playing time and get his confidence back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Not saying Bruno won't be good as the Hawks are still developing him.   But some guys don't pan out.   We've seen this play out before.  People blamed the coach for Omari, Len, Tyler Dorsey, Edy, Acie, Salim, Jenkins, friggin Dickau, Sheldon, Glover.   But none of them did anything after leaving here.

I'm not saying Bruno is the same but not everyone pans out.   I'm really pulling for him though.  I think he has a good chance to make it in the league but I'm not sweating him not getting minutes.   We aren't in rebuild mode anymore.  We're in win mode. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Apparently our roster has:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Not saying Bruno won't be good as the Hawks are still developing him.   But some guys don't pan out.   We've seen this play out before.  People blamed the coach for Omari, Len, Tyler Dorsey, Edy, Acie, Salim, Jenkins, friggin Dickau, Sheldon, Glover.   But none of them did anything after leaving here.

I'm not saying Bruno is the same but not everyone pans out.   I'm really pulling for him though.  I think he has a good chance to make it in the league but I'm not sweating him not getting minutes.   We aren't in rebuild mode anymore.  We're in win mode. 

I noticed that there was a point in your post where you were just calling names. 

Dan DA MAN Dichau

Sheldon RETURN OF THE Mack

and

Dion  SUMMERLEAGUE Glover

all panned out. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I noticed that there was a point in your post where you were just calling names. 

Dan DA MAN Dichau

Sheldon RETURN OF THE Mack

and

Dion  SUMMERLEAGUE Glover

all panned out. 

They did?  or were you joking?

You're right though i got on a bad roll thinking about how many there were.