• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we sleeping on Kevin Huerter?

Wurider05

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Huerter has a chance to still get 30 minutes a game. Of Reddish, Hunter, and Huerter only one has to take a big hit. Two of those three can still get 30 minutes a game.

Training camp should be pretty intense for that one starting position and 6th man spot.

I don't expect any of them to play 30 minutes. We have 7 guys who deserve minutes at the 2 or 3. Not counting a potential Rondo/Trae duo or Gallo at the 3. I honestly think Huerter might be fighting just to get 20 minutes. We'll see. 

The Huert will benefit greatly from competition with Bogz, is eggzackly the type of player every successful playoff team needs (i.e. all the phone calls for him), and will get about 20-25 mins as co-6th/7th man alongside Gallo 👏 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hazer said:

The Huert will benefit greatly from competition with Bogz, is eggzackly the type of player every successful playoff team needs (i.e. all the phone calls for him), and will get about 20-25 mins as co-6th/7th man alongside Gallo 👏 

With Dunn probably out for the 7-10 games of the season, Rondo will most likely be on minutes restrictions/reduced minutes/no back to backs...Huerter will see minutes at backup PG, unless Goodwin gets a chance.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 11:41 AM, hazer said:

G1: 27mins

G2: 27mins

G3: 27mins

G4: 21mins

G5: 21mins

• Like 4

Kev has been good for us. And last night was a great game. 

However, we need to end the experiment of him running point. We tried it again very briefly to open the 4th and it was disastrous.

He can dribble, he can pass, but that doesnt mean he should be facilitating the offense. Secondary playmaker to me means there is a primary ball handler next to him at all times, and he can be a release valve, not the point of attack.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

However, we need to end the experiment of him running point. We tried it again very briefly to open the 4th and it was disastrous.

He can dribble, he can pass, but that doesnt mean he should be facilitating the offense. Secondary playmaker to me means there is a primary ball handler next to him at all times, and he can be a release valve, not the point of attack.

I disagree, those are areas where he still needs development. I think it would be a disservice to his development and the team. We should want him to get better at it. No better time than early in the season to work thru these things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posters are beginning to see why I keep saying, Other teams want to trade for _______ and Huerter.  Just throw him to make things work for us.  We're not asking much,

Don't overlook Mr. Red Head.  He ain't great but, dang it, he's good!!

:smug:

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Too soon...

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree, those are areas where he still needs development. I think it would be a disservice to his develop. We should want him to get better at it. No better time than early in the season to work thru these things.

Ice Très/Raj/Dunn Deal/The Huert: most point depth in NBA? (here’s where you nod and say yes)

Omitted: Goodwin. Because 👋 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Just think if we have to give Kev 50 million. Trae gets a max, JC gets a near max. Then we we have to pay Hunter and Reddish. Ugh. Cant pay everyone. We probably have a two to three year window before we have to break up the band. 

I said previously we have a 2 year window. By the time Huerter (RFA), Reddish and Hunter (early extensions if they exceed expectations) are eligible for extensions in 2 years, Bogi and Capela will have 1 guaranteed year left, Gallo with a $5 mil guarantee in last year can all ne moved.

If they are playing well and we are WINNING and they are integral to the winning, you pay them. We may not want to keep them all, but I'm not gonna worry about that for now.

Besides in 2 years, I'm assuming the salary cap will be higher. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said previously we have a 2 year window. By the time Huerter (RFA), Reddish and Hunter (early extensions if they exceed expectations) are eligible for extensions in 2 years, Bogi and Capela will have 1 guaranteed year left, Gallo with a $5 mil guarantee in last year can all ne moved.

If they are playing well and we are WINNING and they are integral to the winning, you pay them. We may not want to keep them all, but I'm not gonna worry about that for now.

Besides in 2 years, I'm assuming the salary cap will be higher. 

Summer of 2022 will be a big one for us. A lot of decisions to be made. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Just think if we have to give Kev 50 million. Trae gets a max, JC gets a near max. Then we we have to pay Hunter and Reddish. Ugh. Cant pay everyone. We probably have a two to three year window before we have to break up the band. 

Which is precisely why Schlenk played hardball with JC for an early extension.  We have a lot of guys getting paid in 2/3 years.  It's going to be really interesting to see how it pans out with Cam/Hunter/Reddish when that time comes.  I think the only certainty is a max for Trae right now

• Like 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Which is precisely why Schlenk played hardball with JC for an early extension.  We have a lot of guys getting paid in 2/3 years.  It's going to be really interesting to see how it pans out with Cam/Hunter/Reddish when that time comes.  I think the only certainty is a max for Trae right now

One other thing to consider,  if Gallo can't stay on the floor this season, his contract becomes an attractive piece to move. With Collins' caphold next offseason at $12 million, it leaves us with more room for trades/FAs before having to resign Collins if that is the plan.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

But we can pay everyone.  Why are you worried about Tony's money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2