• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we sleeping on Kevin Huerter?

Wurider05

Have you all noticed Nique loves it when Huerter is aggressive in the lane? He gets excited on a different level that you hear in his voice. He always says something like, “that’s what Kevin needs to continue to do, take advantage of his defender because he usually has a few inches on him” or something along those lines.

@kg01 He is definitely a better playmaker over Book. The only thing Book really has on him is natural god given genes 🧬 of having a bigger frame 🖼. But Huerter should use his inner Dikembe bony elbows and punisher defenders that way instead of with his butt like Book. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 2/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Those numbers are wrong though. Huerter is nowhere near those numbers since Hunter went down. Or is this since the second time he went down?

Huerter's best month so far has been April and he's at 14ppg on 51-40.

Edited by Atlantaholic

50 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Those numbers are wrong though. Huerter is nowhere near those numbers since Hunter went down. Or is this since the second time he went down?

Huerter's best month so far has been April and he's at 14ppg on 51-40.

The original tweet was from February 9th. Hunter first got injured on January 29th. So I think he was talking about that 1.5 week span from the time he was first injured.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

The original tweet was from February 9th. Hunter first got injured on January 29th. So I think he was talking about that 1.5 week span from the time he was first injured.

ah, missed the date. Yea, that makes sense. Anyway, Huert has been playing great in April after that mini slump where he got benched for Bogi. If Hunter never gets back this year we still have got something there as long as Bogi and Huerter can keep it up.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No injury Jinx please!  Good article on his progress this season!

I'm not sure I 100% agree with the consistency part as far as his play is concerned, but Huerter has looked really good in April. I'm seeing parts of Bogi's game rubbing off on him which is a good thing. I feel like he's creating shots like he did at Maryland. It's good to see that part of his game translate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Huerter is #19 in the NBA in steals - WOW - didn't see that coming.  He has been sneaky good with those timely steals, always seem to get them when we most need them to. What I like about them is he isn't a gambler with those steals, he does well reading plays and stepping in at the right moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1