• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we sleeping on Kevin Huerter?

Wurider05

Maturity!  It's wonderful.  Now that Huerter is playing well and Cam Reddish is out with injury, some of those people who wanted rid of him are now on the train to dump Cam.  

As I said before, other teams, discussing trades, wanted ____________ and Huerter.  Thinking, perhaps, Hawks would dump him in their lap.  Just wait.  This time it's going to be, "Just throw in Cam Reddish and we have a deal."  

Right now, example: Last night, Huerter makes our second unit go!  He's a keeper....

:smug:

• Like 3

Kev was on 92.9 today more less demanding his respect lol.  I love it.  His ability to play 2.5 positions on offense and 1.5 on defense in a role player is what championship squads are made of.  When his strength peaks he’s gonna be a borderline great starter/ 6th MOY type.  Love that he realizes how valuable transition after steals are to this team and puts his body on the line to get em.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Kev was on 92.9 today more less demanding his respect lol.  I love it.  His ability to play 2.5 positions on offense and 1.5 on defense in a role player is what championship squads are made of.  When his strength peaks he’s gonna be a borderline great starter/ 6th MOY type.  Love that he realizes how valuable transition after steals are to this team and puts his body on the line to get em.

The guy has gone from unplayable on defense in crunch time to a plus defender in a year.   Yeah he deserves respect.   Now start getting to the foul line!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

The guy has gone from unplayable on defense in crunch time to a plus defender in a year.   Yeah he deserves respect.   Now start getting to the foul line!!!

He knew he was losing money with his footwork on defense.  Like how he owned up to it and worked his butt off to improve it.

• Like 1

A lot of Kevin's value is when Lou is off his game Kevin can help the playmaking and shooting when on the floor. That whether he starts or not cause he will still get the minutes. Dunn won't help Lou offensively and BG is inconsistent. Really pulling for Lou and Dunn to look much better post season.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 1/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, Wretch said:

I slept on him.  I used to see Huerter as just an expendable/replaceable bit player, but I'm really hoping we keep him here long term.  He is hitting his ceiling as a reliable scorer off the bench and I'm comfortable seeing him situationally closing games out.  Looking serviceable as a secondary ball handler too. 

Sad Nod GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

He really has been the glue for this team all season. He did whatever he was asked at full go no matter what. It takes a real man to do that. 

His health and ball handling damn sure patched up some big holes we had due to injury and not having a full time BU.  I think he’s the only player on our team opposing fans don’t hate right now lol.  Well him and Gallo.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

His health and ball handling damn sure patched up some big holes we had due to injury and not having a full time BU.  I think he’s the only player on our team opposing fans don’t hate right now lol.  Well him and Gallo.

Oh they definitely hate Gallo.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2021 at 2:46 PM, Gray Mule said:

Maturity!  It's wonderful.  Now that Huerter is playing well and Cam Reddish is out with injury, some of those people who wanted rid of him are now on the train to dump Cam.  

As I said before, other teams, discussing trades, wanted ____________ and Huerter.  Thinking, perhaps, Hawks would dump him in their lap.  Just wait.  This time it's going to be, "Just throw in Cam Reddish and we have a deal."  

Right now, example: Last night, Huerter makes our second unit go!  He's a keeper....

:smug:

And the beat goes on!!

:wub:

• Like 4

I made a post somewhere ( I told a family member this too), when the Hawks drafted him,  that Huerter is Klay Thompson and of course, got laughed at.  Huerter BEEN the real deal.  Now that Trae has learned to play point guard ( correctly by playing within himself) and is getting his teammates rhythm shots, Huerter can show his capabilities.  Even Llyod Pierce said that Huerter has the tools, just needed to be assertive.  

The fantastic thing about the NBA playoffs is it will show who is who.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 4