• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Grizzlies

NBASupes

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And let's not just make this a Huerter "bag fest".

Multiple players on this team have sucked tonight.  Mainly the guy playing in front of Huerter tonight.

Hawks only have 3 offensive rebounds tonight, despite all of the bricks.

And another corner/wing 3 for the Grizzlies.  Down 20 now.

1st bad game by Gallo and it was worse than just bad.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Whoa that second half was ugly.   Guys look lost out there.   

- lot of talk yesterday of JC and he didn't look great but the idea that Gallo is a huge upgrade wasn't shown in this game.  Gallo just letting folks walk by him for rebounds

- Bogi not doing much of anything

- Bruno - I've held off on too much criticism but his 2 minutes were so bad he got yanked.  

- we looked uninterested in trying to defend in the second half - it was pretty disappointing

- Hunter, Capela bring it every time.  

- Trae is not on his game yet but i'm not worried about him

- Heurter should not play point

- Hill at least brings the effort

I honestly don't know what those guys were doing at times.  They seemed to be wandering aimlessly on offense.  

The defense in the 3rd was horrible but the 9 points in the first 8 minutes of the quarter totally demoralized the team.   Hopefully we find lineups that work well and can pick each other up.  Right now it looks like a bunch of guys who've only played together for a week or so. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Dakin said:

It’s almost like the preseason games don’t matter. 🤔

Then cancel them. 

Ya'll really think back in the 80's all teams would hug and agree to play zone during any game whether it was pre-season or otherwise. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

31 minutes ago, Dakin said:

It’s almost like the preseason games don’t matter. 🤔

Winning or losing doesn't really matter.  However, how the team plays matters.  This is where all the coaching staff figure out who fits with who and how to fit this puzzle together to make a picture.  That picture, in the second half, looked terrible, didn't it.

😪

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Whoa that second half was ugly.   Guys look lost out there.   

- lot of talk yesterday of JC and he didn't look great but the idea that Gallo is a huge upgrade wasn't shown in this game.  Gallo just letting folks walk by him for rebounds

- Bogi not doing much of anything

- Bruno - I've held off on too much criticism but his 2 minutes were so bad he got yanked.  

- we looked uninterested in trying to defend in the second half - it was pretty disappointing

- Hunter, Capela bring it every time.  

- Trae is not on his game yet but i'm not worried about him

- Heurter should not play point

- Hill at least brings the effort

I honestly don't know what those guys were doing at times.  They seemed to be wandering aimlessly on offense.  

The defense in the 3rd was horrible but the 9 points in the first 8 minutes of the quarter totally demoralized the team.   Hopefully we find lineups that work well and can pick each other up.  Right now it looks like a bunch of guys who've only played together for a week or so. 

You think so 🤓, only a week. Lol

People are going to have to pack their patience.  The incumbents haven't played for 9 months, Capela not for 11 months and is new to the team plus incorporating the other new guys.  One thing guys have to understand, unlike Trae who will also look to score, the opposite is true of Rondo, he is always looking for the pass first, guys weren't always ready for it. 

The one thing that was bothersome was the missed shots on one end greatly affected the defense on the other....they have to learn to dig deep on defense when shots aren't falling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Only saw highlights, but believe I saw Gallo was the only big on the floor at times (?). If so, I think that's something that needed to be experimented with now, not later. In theory, it actually makes some sense. In practice, I'm slow to take one game as meaningful, but the initial results aren't encouraging.

• Like 3

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, sturt said:

Only saw highlights, but believe I saw Gallo was the only big on the floor at times (?). If so, I think that's something that needed to be experimented with now, not later. In theory, it actually makes some sense. In practice, I'm slow to take one game as meaningful, but the initial results aren't encouraging.

Yeah that was pretty awful.    I thought the Rondo/Cam/Hunter/Hill/Capela? (i think i have that right) was an interesting lock down lineup.  They just have to figure out how to score.  

Ultimately i think Bogi will start but if i had to pick right now i'd go with 

Trae/Cam/Hunter/JC/Capela

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Then cancel them. 

Ya'll really think back in the 80's all teams would hug and agree to play zone during any game whether it was pre-season or otherwise. 

I was alive in the 80s. Lots of things that are acceptable now weren’t then. That’s called progress. In my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

This is the NBA. Zone has no business as part of the repertoire save for maybe one or two possessions a game to throw teams off. 

Zone does have its place. The Heat used it almost exclusively in the Boston playoff series. They used it quite a bit all year long. Its a great defense when you are over matched physically. Biggest problem is if the team is hitting from the outside. Which Memphis was last night.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Zone does have its place. The Heat used it almost exclusively in the Boston playoff series. They used it quite a bit all year long. Its a great defense when you are over matched physically. Biggest problem is if the team is hitting from the outside. Which Memphis was last night.

Lazy close outs by the Hawks didn't help.  You can't play zone on your heels.  They were standing there with their arms out like 5th graders half the time and then didn't even try to box out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sillent said:

Let's relax atleast until the L's and W's actually count. Even then remember even in an 82 game season it's very difficult to win 72 games. As long as we don't go thru any big losing streaks. Especially winnable games.

True.

Its hard to remember sometimes that in the NBA winning only like 55% of your games usually puts you comfortably in the playoffs.

In the East being .500 is usually all you need.

We should be able to hit that mark, even if we arent the dominant squad we thought we were. It'll take time to gel, and teams with chemistry and bubble experience will have the edge on us early while we figure this new roster out.

• Like 2