• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Grizzlies

NBASupes

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Whoa that second half was ugly.   Guys look lost out there.   

- lot of talk yesterday of JC and he didn't look great but the idea that Gallo is a huge upgrade wasn't shown in this game.  Gallo just letting folks walk by him for rebounds

- Bogi not doing much of anything

- Bruno - I've held off on too much criticism but his 2 minutes were so bad he got yanked.  

- we looked uninterested in trying to defend in the second half - it was pretty disappointing

- Hunter, Capela bring it every time.  

- Trae is not on his game yet but i'm not worried about him

- Heurter should not play point

- Hill at least brings the effort

I honestly don't know what those guys were doing at times.  They seemed to be wandering aimlessly on offense.  

The defense in the 3rd was horrible but the 9 points in the first 8 minutes of the quarter totally demoralized the team.   Hopefully we find lineups that work well and can pick each other up.  Right now it looks like a bunch of guys who've only played together for a week or so. 

Yep..Hunter and Capela have been our 2 best players imo..Cam in 3rd...lol

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, High5 said:

Huerter almost had the sequence of his career last night. He scored that tough 2 on a drive, got the solo steal, and then shot the worst bank shot of his life. Still the first 2 things were nice improvements.

Was that the same steal that he stopped for a pull up in the lane when he was one on one?  He's got to start taking it to the hole more aggressively.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I can honestly see Huerter's mins start to shrink as the season goes on and Dunn becomes available

If its true we couldve moved him for the #2 pick, I think we made a mistake..Id much rather have Deni/Okoro.Hali etc than Huerter right now..lol. I hope he gets his shii together..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Was that the same steal that he stopped for a pull up in the lane when he was one on one?  He's got to start taking it to the hole more aggressively.

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

If its true we couldve moved him for the #2 pick, I think we made a mistake..Id much rather have Deni/Okoro.Hali etc than Huerter right now..lol. I hope he gets his shii together..

Dude is softer than Charmin

He really cannot get to the Free Throw line as an NBA player smh. He's borderline useless

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, terrell said:

I don't disagree with you but we weren't sure about Bogi at the time, right?  Also, this draft was a bit of a mess - Okongwu might have been our guy at 2 or 6.  The Bulls took Patrick Williams for instance at 4 and he wasn't that high on most ppls boards... hard to say really.  I try not to hindsight the front office too much unless they have a history of blatant missteps and I trust Schlenk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Some things have progressed, some things have regressed. Some things have stayed the same.

Sometimes when you win, you actually lose. And sometimes when you lose, you actually win. And sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie. And sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Hmm.  Well I don't think we could have had the #2 pick for Heurter.  Was that a real thing?

Also don't think Dunn is replacing him.  Dunn is a backup defensive minded PG.  

I think the rumor was a pick swap with GS where we threw in Kevin to move up. Probably wasn’t a real thing though. Seems like both sides say no. 

First, if we would have trade Huerter for 2nd pick it would have been for Wiseman or Edwards. 

2nd , we lost yesterday to a team that is clearly worst than us, best players are Morant and Valanciunas, equivalent to Trae and Capela, they have no answer for players like Collins, Bogi, Gallinari, Rondo, Hunter.... but they outscored us. Embarrassing.

You can blame coach on this

• Premium Member

What I hope to see tomorrow - 

• Increased effort and energy.
  • More ball movement/sets.
  • Better rebounding(46 to 58).
  • Better rotations.
  • More transition scoring. Aside from Trae, we're the bigger and more athletic team. 
  • Better transition defense, Ja had 3 and 1s in the first half. 
  • Closing out on shooters.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

What I hope to see tomorrow - 

• Increased effort and energy.
  • More ball movement/sets.
  • Better rebounding(46 to 58).
  • Better rotations.
  • More transition scoring. Aside from Trae, we're the bigger and more athletic team. 
  • Better transition defense
  • Closing out on shooters.

Don't we say this every year LP has been here?

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Don't we say this every year LP has been here?

To be fair, they played Orlando well. I personally had no expectations last season, this time around I do. It's understood that its Lloyd's make or break season.

• Premium Member
Just now, aali34 said:

To be fair, they played Orlando well. I personally had no expectations last season, this time around I do. It's understood that its Lloyd's make or break season.

Orlando sucks plus they shot 35% in that 1st game, turned it over 26 times and played terrible transition defense. If you are satisfied with that performance then get ready for a long year.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Hmm.  Well I don't think we could have had the #2 pick for Heurter.  Was that a real thing?

Also don't think Dunn is replacing him.  Dunn is a backup defensive minded PG.  

We were saving Kevin for the Mega trade, plus we needed #6 to get Paul George. So it was complicated.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Orlando sucks plus they shot 35% in that 1st game, turned it over 26 times and played terrible transition defense. If you are satisfied with that performance then get ready for a long year.

I was talking about when we won.

Both teams were in the bubble and have better synergy than the Hawks due to new additions. I don't mind taking losses, I just want to see how they adjust.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, aali34 said:

I was talking about when we won.

Both teams were in the bubble and have better synergy than the Hawks due to new additions. I don't mind taking losses, I just want to see how they adjust.

So they have to play poorly every single game before you get concerned? 2 out 3 isn't enough? Even in the game they won, Trae had 8 turnovers

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So they have to play poorly every single game before you get concerned? 2 out 3 isn't enough? Even in the game they won, Trae had 8 turnovers

When it comes to preseason, losses don't matter much to me. Wins don't either, I just wanna see how they perform. The first loss wasn't too bad. The first win gave a glimpse of what you can expect if the Hawks get hot. Yesterday was terrible. I wanna see better play tommorow regardless of a win. Wins count in the reg-season.

So no 2-3 isn't enough. 

Edited by aali34
  • Thanks 3