• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Grizzlies

NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I mean, I value the improvement of Hunter and Reddish. Reddish has Jan till now of quality production where he has a WAR of 2.8 during the last season of the Jan to Mar period and his preseason has been nothing short of productive. He's 2nd on the team with a PIE in the 15 range behind Hunter. 

As for Hunter, yes, we only have these three preseason games to go by but we have the same for THT and everyone that's NBA are giving him credit for improvement but Hawk players gotta prove it right? Bullshit!

It's not that hard to be in the top 50 if you are as gifted and talented as they are and two way players. Yeah, its tough for someone like Bogi or Kevin to be a top 50 player. 

Who is THT? 

9 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Bogie today is better player than Cam and Hunter, I repeat today. Of course I see better upside on Cam and Hunter. Bogie is a great addition and we have to consider that all seasons he starts slow and improves a lot as the season advances.

Anyway talking about fit I also think Cam is a better fit for Trae due to his defensive presence, he is on his way to be our best defensive wing. For that reason I would let Cam start and Bogie play with 2nd unit but there are enough minutes for all 3 to be around 30mpg, everybody agrees Hunter should start and for me that is a pleasant surprise.

The odd man out in my opinion is Huerter, he has played really bad these 3 games. On a 2nd unit with Rondo, Bogie, Gallo and probably for now Bruno you need to add defense and shooting, that guy might be Snell or Hill, even Dunn, not Huerter. 
As the season progresses I want to see a 2nd unit of Dunn, Bogie, Snell, Gallo and Okongwu. It might happen that our 2nd unit is top 10 on the league and our starting unit not even top 20, that might imply a great minute distribution on the roster. Rondo and Hill are good vet influence but Rondo is too lazy on defense for regular season, I think we will be better with Dunn at backup PG.

I don't know bout Bogi being better than Cam and Hunter right now..That's debatable..I like him on the 2nd unit regardless..And I agree, Huerter might be the odd man out...

18 hours ago, JTB said:

Honestly Cam and Hunter showed enough to be starters so far based on the preseason in my opinion.

it probably won’t happen like that but I feel like they earned their minutes. Bogi is still getting use to Trae right now .

This.....

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I just think this team has one star. Two top 65-75 players at PF, I think Gallo is easily better than JC at this stage. Bogi is a top 100 player and Hunter and Reddish have the ability to move into the top 50 as players this year.

Capela is the one player I think will take a massive jump as well from the top 100 to the top 30. Based on his position, his need, and his impact, Capela will be our most important player outside of Trae. 

Trae has to perform at his normal levels and he could easily move up into the top 10-15 if we are winning. If he performs like he's been doing this preseason, we might be in trouble.

And our star PG and top 65 PF has a lot of flaws...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cwell said:

Yeah i'm not understanding this Bogi hype like was some borderline all-star in Sacramento. Like he was some super key piece that had to be on the floor or your team had no shot. People are talking about him like he was Joe Johnson in Phoenix or something. Dude hasn't even started 100 games in 3 years, Kevin has more than that in 2. Dude's name was never even brought up on this board until this off-season. I've even see people say that he was our 2nd best player, like what? He's a solid rotation piece at wing but not some sure fire starter just because he makes decent money. Every solid player is getting paid nowadays.

The unrealistic expectations are honestly starting to make me not like the signing. It's like he's being given credit for another player's production. You'd think he was Bojan Bogdonovic dropping 18-20 the last 2 years or something. Reminds me of when the Falcons signed Ovie Mughelli, a frickin fullback, to a big 6 year deal. The richest for a FB in history at the time. And people were talking like he was supposed to be our power back Mike Alstott type smh he's a lead blocker, nothing else.

I think our entire Team got overhyped after this offseason tbh..Are we a better team than last year? Sure..But some fans need to lower their expectations a bit..lol. I mean, we dont even know if our AllStar PG and top 65-75 or wtvr PF can play winning basketball yet...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not buying THT performance this preseason, he probably is not going to translate to regular season. 
I am buying Hunter improvement and I think it will translate to regular season but the questionmark is the consistency, he will have his ups and downs and the performance assessment must be based on all the games, not the best games. 
Our best players are Young, Bogi, Gallo, Collins and Capela, young guys need to catch them on performance, hopefully it happens. 
As I said I could make a case for Bogi been a mear all-star level with his performance in the bubble where he averaged 20 ppg, 5rpg, 5apg and shot ,420 from 3 pt but I am not doing that. I think he is just slightly above average wing.

I will not say Hunter and Cam are better than Bogi right now on a skill level but will they be?    I believe so ...

When it comes to who should start I think that depends on what is forced! When Trae has the ball in his hands and is not being forced off ball, Trae is great enough offensively to make us a top 5 offense. All the others have to do is hit their shots when the opportunity presents itself. 

instead of forcing Trae off ball on purpose I think that part of the offense should come once Trae is forcing the double team...THEN Bogi who’s either our 2nd or 3rd best playmaker off the pick can start to create havoc. Hunter can continue to be aggressive and take advantage of matchups he knows he can overpower.

On the second unit Rondo should be running the show with huerter running off ball more oppose to him running point.

at the end of the day I understand getting Trae off the ball more but I’m telling y’all this kid is a scoring Steve nash! He is not Steph Curry! He’s a scoring Steve nash that’s exceptionally good offensively. I know it’s just preseason and we aren’t putting the full gameplan to use ...but that’s just my thoughts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Questions going into game 2, the last game of the pre-season:

1. Will this be a dress rehearsal for G1 of the regular season? Or will this be more experimental lineups?

2. How will we defend the 3 point line?

3. Will we have success with low TOs again?

4. Can we have more pressure defense?

5. Will we have another 3rd quarter swoon.

6. Will TY, KH, BB and DG find their 3pt touch. Most of their 3s hit the front of the rim which tells me they had no legs.

7. Will Hunter continue his strong showing thus far?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Questions going into game 2, the last game of the pre-season:

1. Will this be a dress rehearsal for G1 of the regular season? Or will this be more experimental lineups?

2. How will we defend the 3 point line?

3. Will we have success with low TOs again?

4. Can we have more pressure defense?

5. Will we have another 3rd quarter swoon.

6. Will TY, KH, BB and DG find their 3pt touch. Most of their 3s hit the front of the rim which tells me they had no legs.

7. Will Hunter continue his strong showing thus far?

#7. Absolutely. Hunter looks really confident and assertive so far. I posted last game that he looks like the player that led UVA to the NCAA Championship. He has that quiet "swag" that we only saw when he was having a good game last season. He showed flashes of this last season but I think this will be the player he will be going forward.  He looks comfortable like he knows he belongs on this level. He's the one player Hawksquawk hasn't been able to criticize so you know he's balling right now. :laugh:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think too much is made of who the starters are. It's all about minutes. Technically, Manu G. wasn't a starter for the Spurs.

No it’s not. Who plays together matters even more. The wrong lineup combinations is the difference between building a lead and keeping it, and hanging around for a little while only to get blown out of the building in the 2nd half. 

it just makes zero sense to have 3 below average defenders on the floor and then complain about not being able to stop somebody

• Like 1