• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are your biggest takeaways from the Preseason???

Bonkers

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Our snipers big time underperformed relative to what you should expect from a full season line:

BB:  35% fg% / 28% 3pt%

TY:  33% fg% / 26% 3pt%

KH:  33% fg% / 33% 3pt%

Gallo:  44% fg% / 30% 3pt% 

What concerns me more than the missed shots was the lack of fluidity and ball movement. But as long as we look good opening night all will be well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

You absolutely need to milk that for all its worth.  Its like Halley's Comet.  Comes once every 75 years so even if the day is overcast you better get what you can out of it when it comes because its not likely to come again anytime soon.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47dpzfjlylwva6mopicns

• Haha 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What concerns me more than the missed shots was the lack of fluidity and ball movement. But as long as we look good opening night all will be well.

With this many new bodies and 9 months off, the lack of fluidity doesn't surprise me at all.  It is one of the reasons I was very glad to see Rondo return last game because I think that lack of familiarity gets compounded when you don't have a real PG on the floor.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Time playing together will increase fluidity.  Also, how weird must be in be playing in an empty gym for the non-bubblers.

• Premium Member

I rewatched the first 3 minutes of the last game to take a look at the Trae, JC, Capela combo, what I saw - a lot of JC out beyond the 3 point line standing and waiting while Trae and Capela run the PnR from the top.  Collins would set the pick and float to the 3 point line or he would navigate to the corner, again standing and waiting for a 3 (I don't like JC spotting up for 3 this much, this isn't taking advantage of his skillset), while Trae/Capela run the PnR which needs work - the timing is not there, so to me sometimes it looks like Trae is unsure if he'll pass for the lob or shoot the floater, which is why I think Trae was missing the floater.  This version of Clint isn't the high flyer that JC is and the timing with Trae is not yet established.  JC's other two touches came in the post from a nice drive but he missed, the other was a midrange jumper from a Capela post up.

• Like 3

To call out Dre and Cam's inconsistency, especially for this last game when EVERYONE (especially Trae) was cheeks is silly. Especially to use that as a reason to start Bogi who was inconsistent the entire pre-season, and who Kings fans would see was inconsistent during his entire tenure there. The takes I read on here sometimes are interesting to say the least

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Cwell said:

To call out Dre and Cam's inconsistency, especially for this last game when EVERYONE (especially Trae) was cheeks is silly. Especially to use that as a reason to start Bogi who was inconsistent the entire pre-season, and who Kings fans would see was inconsistent during his entire tenure there. The takes I read on here sometimes are interesting to say the least

Again, they were inconsistent all last year.  I don't fault them for it.  They've played less than one season of NBA ball on a very bad team.   Bogi just got here. Everything is new to him but he's 28 and has been playing pro ball for a long time.  The reading comprehension i see here sometimes is interesting to say the least.  🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Again, they were inconsistent all last year.  I don't fault them for it.  They've played less than one season of NBA ball on a very bad team.   Bogi just got here. Everything is new to him but he's 28 and has been playing pro ball for a long time.  The reading comprehension i see here sometimes is interesting to say the least.  🙂

So it's worse to be inconsistent at 28

• Haha 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Cwell said:

So it's worse to be inconsistent at 28

Not sure why you're digging in on this.   Cam and Hunter are major talents.  I want them to be the starters.  Right now i think Bogdan provides more experienced and consistent quality play that we need.  I'm not sure that's a particularly wild take.    Hell I could easily be wrong we'll see.  But as i explained a bunch of times this isn't based on 1 preseason game.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Time playing together will increase fluidity.  Also, how weird must be in be playing in an empty gym for the non-bubblers.

Especially for a player like Trae, who like to play to the crowd....................

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 11:04 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The one question left to answer before tipoff:  who starts at SG?

Has to be Bogi at this point. We need that steady calming vet presence on the court, especially early in the season while we are continuing to work on rotations and chemistry. 

We need someone to keep Trae and Hunter focused or reel them back in when things start going sideways. 

The bigger question is who finishes the games. I think that might change on a nightly basis depending on who has the hot hand. 

• Like 1

I would still guess that Bogi starts but I don't think he's getting 30+ minutes. 

I don't think minutes are going to be fluid outside of Trae/Collins/Capela, and in the case of Capela I think he's around 25 minutes.

But I also didn't watch much of the preseason. I'll be watching Wednesday however.

I want to see this lineup opening night.

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Collins

Capela

I also want to see some Trae/Collins pick and roll and some pick and kick to the outside shooters. LP needs to get back to a offense that Trae runs at the top of the key. A lot of high screens and pick and rolls.

I don't want to see Gallinari at the five with Collins and Capela on the bench

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2