• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

Wow, I am so disappointed. I wanted John to be a Hawk for the rest of his career. We could have signed Wood to a great contract, now we have a backup making 20 million but he is already 32.... hopefully we can sign him next year but some teams were saving cap space for that FA class, he will have his money and we will have to match it or lose him for nothing, this is horrible mistake.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aali34 said:

How? They don't really give him the touches or scoring opportunity a max player would need. Based on preseason they aren't looking to feature him heavily.  

Exactly why we didn’t give him the Max. Let’s see how the season goes. I don’t see why we would have paid him the Max a year before we need to. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Dakin said:

Exactly why we didn’t give him the Max. Let’s see how the season goes. I don’t see why we would have paid him the Max a year before we need to. 

I'd hope that they've been planning to let him prove his worth, but him missing games got in the way of that. John replicating last season without adding to it probably won't get him a max from Schlenk. 

1 hour ago, hawkzlova123 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTHHHHHH 

WHY SIGN GALLLLLO THEN I PREFER HIMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Atleast this year he will try to beast out. But what the ******* do we do to replace him

I'm still trying to figure out the huge waste of money on BB.  He just isn't that good.  Certainly no better than Hunter or Reddish, and questionable with respect to Kevin Huerter with respect to bang for the buck.  

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Makes no sense to overpay for Collins. If we lose him to some team that wants to pay him the max then so be it. 

It made no sense for Orlando to grossly overpay for Isaac and Anunoby either.  Gobert is decent, but he isn't worth $205 million.

• Premium Member

I was really hoping for no potential locker room distractions this season, but what's done is done. The inevitable trade rumors can hurt a young team that desperately needs stability and continuity. I felt like the "core" was set with the only questionable component being the coaching staff. Hopefully, Collins makes himself invaluable to the team because I really like how he and Trae play together. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I'm still trying to figure out the huge waste of money on BB.  He just isn't that good.  Certainly no better than Hunter or Reddish, and questionable with respect to Kevin Huerter with respect to bang for the buck.  

Depth. He was the best player available. How did you want them to spend the money?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I was really hoping for no potential locker room distractions this season, but what's done is done. The inevitable trade rumors can hurt a young team that desperately needs stability and continuity. I felt like the "core" was set with the only questionable component being the coaching staff. Hopefully, Collins makes himself invaluable to the team because I really like how he and Trae play together. 

*on offense.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

John doesn't deserve a max contract right now. This was the correct and logical move for Schlenk at this point in time. If he wants it, he's got to earn it this season. In an extremely small sample size this preseason, he seemed more like a role player than an all-star when playing with actual NBA talent and not GL level players.

Just now, BangHolman said:

John doesn't deserve a max contract right now. This was the correct and logical move for Schlenk at this point in time. Of he wants it, he's got to earn it this season. In an extremely small sample size this preseason, he seemed more like a role player than an all-star.

So did Trae.  No one looked like much in this abbreviated preseason.

• Like 3