• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why lowball him?

Give him his money.

That's a fair deal for him.  Everyone who's gotten the max has at least been an allstar to this point and haven't been suspended for PED's. 

That contract is more than Sabonis, but less than the allstars. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

4/80 if you have some sense as a GM. Sabonis and Myles Turner are both in that range.

John is better than both of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

That's a fair deal for him.  Everyone who's gotten the max has at least been an allstar to this point and haven't been suspended for PED's. 

That contract is more than Sabonis, but less than the allstars. 

John is better than both of them. 

No the hell he isn't. Sabonis and JC are clearly in the same class. Sabonis is a winner and doesn't get scrubbed by the best in his position 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. 

That's the type of statement you make when someone says Trae Young is a stat padder or some stupid shit. Saying Sabonis is in the same class as JC, a player who has proven a lot more than JC isn't a stupid ass opinion. I wish we had more logic when JC is brought up. He really is the new Josh Smith

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That's the type of statement you make when someone says Trae Young is a stat padder or some stupid shit. Saying Sabonis is in the same class as JC, a player who has proven a lot more than JC isn't a stupid ass opinion. I wish we had more logic when JC is brought up. He really is the new Josh Smith

No, that's me not engaging you on something I'm not going to change your mind on and you're not going to change my mind on. So leave it at that. Not about to argue with you over your opinion when you've stated it for the last 9 months. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

lol ain't no way Collins a damn 20/10 23 year old PF is going to get 20 million when his BACKUP just got that per year. Be real. Collins is getting a max deal and he's earned it. If we don't give it to him someone else damn sure will.

I still believe 5 years/ $130 Is a fair deal if we're signing him early. If he gets the max, no sweat off my back.

49 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Sabonis is underpaid.

His contract is an asset to Indiana. Hopefully JC's contract is an asset to us as well. 4/80 is my median. My max is 4/90. 

33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

lol ain't no way Collins a damn 20/10 23 year old PF is going to get 20 million when his BACKUP just got that per year. Be real. Collins is getting a max deal and he's earned it. If we don't give it to him someone else damn sure will.

Gallinari was a vet free agent and he's far more accomplished than JC is. Stop comparing Josh Smith to Paul Millsap. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His contract is an asset to Indiana. Hopefully JC's contract is an asset to us as well. 4/80 is my median. My max is 4/90. 

Gallinari was a vet free agent and he's far more accomplished than JC is. Stop comparing Josh Smith to Paul Millsap. 

Please tell me you aren't comparing Collins to Josh Smith. Collins is a legit All Star level player. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I don’t know about max when he’s missed 50 games the last 2 years. We don’t lose nearly as many games if he was available

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Please tell me you aren't comparing Collins to Josh Smith. Collins is a legit All Star level player. 

I doubt JC will be an legit all star. I can see him being one of those all stars after like 3-4 guys are hurt. None of the coaches will ever vote JC in and none of the fans will either 

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I doubt JC will be an legit all star. I can see him being one of those all stars after like 3-4 guys are hurt. None of the coaches will ever vote JC in and none of the fans will either 

That’s harsh even for you ! Lol

if collins has this same stat line of 20/10 during a winning season he’ll be an reserve all star. That’s just facts. I’m very positive East coaches will put him in.

collins is a legit unselfish, hard working, high bbiq player....I understand your josh smith comparison in terms of how much our hawk fan base love JC at the same level but it’s a huge difference in what is loved! JC plays the right way unlike boneheaded J Smoove so that alone should put away any reason to be pissed on the love for JC in my opinion. We all go a little overboard with the love of our on sometimes but for JC for once our fellow fans actually like a smart, unselfish, rising young talent in JC...

..Smith never gave us that! J Smoove only gave us highlight dunks and blocks as you are aware. He didn’t always play hard or make smart decisions or play to his strengths! Instead Smith made horrible decisions many of the times with awful shot selection and wanted  to be a guard instead of the PF he truly was.

JC doesn’t do any of that ignorant shit Smith use to do. JC gives you commitment on screens, high bbiq on when to roll to the basket or pop out. Efficient shooting. Improved defense. Goes hard after the boards plus the addition of highlight dunks and i’m sure the highlight blocks will be more on display as well.

I like JC a lot myself but I’m going to like him on the level of the rest of the fan base when I see his defense take another step forward. At the end of the day I’d still give JC the deal wants as he’s too good to lose. Paying him is win/win in my book. JC would not be hard to move if hawks didn’t want him. Not saying I want him moved just making a statement that his value is huge in this era.

• Like 3

I think is unfair to judge any player on last year results, team was terrible and poorly built to win, in fact was built to lose.

Young is an unique player and I have not researched but probably the unique case of an all-star so young playing for such a losing team. This situation makes Young an unique case, an amazing offensive weapon, an unique player but Collins not been considered as an all-star does not make him a bad player.

We have a full team this year, is likely we make the playoff with a team with Young as a 1st option and John as 2nd. We should be on a winning range 25-50 games of 72. We will see where we land and what is the real value of Trae and John.

My feeling, we win 35-43 games, winning more than 50% of the games, John averages 20 and 10 and plays significant role on the team. For that player I would gladly pay 100m$ for 4 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTB said:

That’s harsh even for you ! Lol

if collins has this same stat line of 20/10 during a winning season he’ll be an reserve all star. That’s just facts. I’m very positive East coaches will put him in.

collins is a legit unselfish, hard working, high bbiq player....I understand your josh smith comparison in terms of how much our hawk fan base love JC at the same level but it’s a huge difference in what is loved! JC plays the right way unlike boneheaded J Smoove so that alone should put away any reason to be pissed on the love for JC in my opinion. We all go a little overboard with the love of our on sometimes but for JC for once our fellow fans actually like a smart, unselfish, rising young talent in JC...

..Smith never gave us that! J Smoove only gave us highlight dunks and blocks as you are aware. He didn’t always play hard or make smart decisions or play to his strengths! Instead Smith made horrible decisions many of the times with awful shot selection and wanted  to be a guard instead of the PF he truly was.

JC doesn’t do any of that ignorant shit Smith use to do. JC gives you commitment on screens, high bbiq on when to roll to the basket or pop out. Efficient shooting. Improved defense. Goes hard after the boards plus the addition of highlight dunks and i’m sure the highlight blocks will be more on display as well.

I like JC a lot myself but I’m going to like him on the level of the rest of the fan base when I see his defense take another step forward. At the end of the day I’d still give JC the deal wants as he’s too good to lose. Paying him is win/win in my book. JC would not be hard to move if hawks didn’t want him. Not saying I want him moved just making a statement that his value is huge in this era.

I don't know why you assume he will be 20/10 playing less minutes around much better offensive options than previous years. 

Cam is going to surpass him in points soon. 

Bogi won't be far behind. 

Trae numbers should go down but it's no guarantee it will as he always will have the ball. A big part of JC points is the fact that he gets double the touches as anyone on this team not named Trae. 

That will likely change in soon with our Ball movement addition to the offense and Bogi signing.

Also, his defense is still not good in space, the fit is still questionable between him and Capela and coaches vote on all around game and fans vote on excitement. Vince got the most votes while trash in the last two seasons than JC did as a Hawk. 

I know this site is Josh Smith going into year 4 on him where they have imaginary thoughts on this major level up from him but I don't see how that's possible. Please explain how? He's going to produce, he's going to put up numbers. I do believe that but this assumption that all will remain the same intrigues me from his pay JC the max supporters when I am a clear fan of JC but I see him within the same range as bigs like Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis 

The Josh Smith comparision has nothing to do with their game. Everything to do with how they are percieved at the early stages of their careers by Hawks fans on here. While it sounds funny now, a vast majority saw Josh Smith as clearly the 2nd best Hawk going into his 4th year and many felt he had the potential to be special and even better than Iso Joe. I thought that was bullshit and they were delusional. I feel the same way about JC max contract fans.

Edited by NBASupes

56 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think is unfair to judge any player on last year results, team was terrible and poorly built to win, in fact was built to lose.

Young is an unique player and I have not researched but probably the unique case of an all-star so young playing for such a losing team. This situation makes Young an unique case, an amazing offensive weapon, an unique player but Collins not been considered as an all-star does not make him a bad player.

We have a full team this year, is likely we make the playoff with a team with Young as a 1st option and John as 2nd. We should be on a winning range 25-50 games of 72. We will see where we land and what is the real value of Trae and John.

My feeling, we win 35-43 games, winning more than 50% of the games, John averages 20 and 10 and plays significant role on the team. For that player I would gladly pay 100m$ for 4 years.

Unfair to judge but we got posters who want to pay JC the max. That's my issue. He hasn't proved shit. That's why I keep harping he needs to stay in that range with Myles Turner and Sabonis.