• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ideally, every team wants a play making PF.  How about if we had a playmaking SG or SF too or a playmaking PG too. Sigh.

Easier to find than a stretch 5 who can defend and protect the rim..lol

Edited by terrell

Trading Collins for a pick would be a mistake.

I've said before that Young can't be your best all around player but I'm really not sure what you could even do that'd make a difference. The best case scenario that I can even think of would be that Hunter continues his progress and ends up filling that role.

I really don't think a playmaking PF is that necessary. If Hunter were on the floor, the starting frontcourt would be quite good at least to me. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 2/14/2021 at 8:33 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope Rondo is sitting because the Hawks are close to trading him. 

31 minutes ago, terrell said:

Is this why they had back/achilles pain all of a sudden? lol

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah.   That did seem strange.

I called the Rondo part yesterday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hopefully he didnt ruin his minimal trade value with his uninspiring play.

Both LA teams could use him hopefully..But what are we getting in the deal? 

Zubac alone or Mann and pick from Clippers or THT and a pick from Lakers would be nice..lol

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He used us to secure the bag, and then performed like crap to basically force a trade to his desired team. Played us like a fiddle.

Thats what it seems like....smh..Travis got played..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Even imagining a deal would be struck... and I don't... I really cannot imagine it would be done now instead of before the draft.

We are just going to continue to see b***s*** garbage like this one published by the Athletic (and reported elsewhere as follows):

The cost is not a small one for Boston -- this is a push-your-chips-in-for-chips kind of deal -- but it may be the sort of move Boston wants to consider if they are willing to spend big next season. The price, you ask? You may blink when you see it; according to the panel, the final cost would be rookie point guard Payton Pritchard, second year guard Carsen Edwards, a pair of unprotected first-round picks and a third first-round pick that's top-25 protected, turning into a pair of seconds if it does not convey. https://twitter.com/TheCelticsWire/status/1365020882683523075?s=20

Woah, Pritchard and Edwards!  And late first round picks?  Wow.  Sign me up!  Maybe we could swap in another long-term backup that Boston drafted over the last few years.  Can't have too many bench players coming back when you trade away a young stud!

• Haha 1