• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No Extension for John Collins

JTB

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Where did you hear this????

One of my old sources and one of my Twolf friends who has his own connection. Twolves want Collins bad to pair up with KAT. Problem is the Hawks want Edwards and the Wolves are resistant. I don't know if Beasley could change minds but he would fit the Hawks wanting a young wing player with upside. Before his suspension Beasley was killing it in Minnesota. 

I'm still hoping they keep Collins and match any offer.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

One of my old sources and one of my Twolf friends who has his own connection. Twolves want Collins bad to pair up with KAT. Problem is the Hawks want Edwards and the Wolves are resistant. I don't know if Beasley could change minds but he would fit the Hawks wanting a young wing player with upside. Before his suspension Beasley was killing it in Minnesota. 

Yea, they aren't trading Edwards. That's a no go.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

I'm getting worked up? This thread here is 35 pages, and then you just agreed with me.  Can we get some of what ur smokin

I read “F all this” to me you were upset about it and thought Resslwe had been BSing people.

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't see the fit with Edwards and the Hawks unless they have other deals to send out kevin or Bogie in the works.  If they are trading JC, I'd rather they look at young wings like MPJ in Denver, Bridges in Phx, or even Markannen in Chi. 

Edwards has high upside but to this point its still all potential.  I like him a lot, but not sure he's at all what the Hawks need.  And like you, I'm leaning toward just keeping JC.  Match whatever offer he gets in the marketplace and then, they can trade him later if they choose to.   

• Like 2

Y’all crazy, match all day every day and twice on Sunday. Très, ‘Dre, JC, and Ah-Capella must stay. I like The Huert, Code Reddish, and Bogi but would package any/all of them for a superstar SG to put us over the top. No, I don’t know who that superstar is/will be, but this is the ticket to Finals:

Ice Très, Superstar, ‘Dre, JC, Ah-Capella

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Y’all crazy, match all day every day and twice on Sunday. Très, ‘Dre, JC, and Ah-Capella must stay. I like The Huert, Code Reddish, and Bogi but would package any/all of them for a superstar SG to put us over the top. No, I don’t know who that superstar is/will be, but this is the ticket to Finals:

Ice Très, Superstar, ‘Dre, JC, Ah-Capella

You're crazy because there is no market for what you are suggesting. Beal is not available. Harden was but not to Atlanta. Guys like Tatum aren't available.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

You never say "never"... there is a price that could be paid for JC that is the proverbial "offer you can't refuse." Part of such an offer almost inherently would have to be an unprotected 1st round pick at a future point in time when we have reason to believe we'll be a legitimate EC contender that would be seriously helped by a high-talent, low cost (rookie-scale) booster shot to get us plausibly into legitimate NBA finals contention.

And I, me, self, especially never say never right now, having just recently seriously offended the basketball gods by my insistence that Lloyd Pierce would be given at least the rest of this season to prove himself capable of taking this roster to some edge of the promised land.

But I will say I'm one of the highly highly highly skeptical that this current "smoke" that's being reported is anything more than Schlenk doing diligence in preparation for what actually might be  more serious discussions during the week or two prior to the draft... reminiscent of the situation with Prince.

• Thanks 2

I guess the real question is how do we view our PF position minus JC? He hasn't missed a single game this year so it's hard to imagine, but is everyone comfortable with Gallo getting 30 mins a night and Knight as the primary backup? OO is not a PF in today's NBA I dont care what anyone says about his height. He is a low post banger with no outside jumpshot as of right now. He could only play PF if he was on the floor with a stretch 5.

I dont see us getting a starting calibur PF back in any trade, except maybe MPJ, so we would have to feel good about what's left on the roster if we are to ditch JC for picks and backup wing players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I guess the real question is how do we view our PF position minus JC? He hasn't missed a single game this year so it's hard to imagine, but is everyone comfortable with Gallo getting 30 mins a night and Knight as the primary backup? OO is not a PF in today's NBAaqnd ready for major minutes.

No, No and No......not if the ultimate goal for THIS season is to make the playoffs.  If the goal is different, then that is another story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

You're crazy because there is no market for what you are suggesting. Beal is not available. Harden was but not to Atlanta. Guys like Tatum aren't available.

I’m not talking just those pieces, toss in pics too. And also not talking pulling the trigger by this trade deadline, I’m talking keeping JC for the long haul then pulling the trigger on a superstar 2 in the future. Again: keep TY, DH, JC, and CC intact and eventually aim for a superstar SG.

13 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I guess the real question is how do we view our PF position minus JC? He hasn't missed a single game this year so it's hard to imagine, but is everyone comfortable with Gallo getting 30 mins a night and Knight as the primary backup? OO is not a PF in today's NBA I dont care what anyone says about his height. He is a low post banger with no outside jumpshot as of right now. He could only play PF if he was on the floor with a stretch 5.

I dont see us getting a starting calibur PF back in any trade, except maybe MPJ, so we would have to feel good about what's left on the roster if we are to ditch JC for picks and backup wing players.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, No and No......not if the ultimate goal for THIS season is to make the playoffs.  If the goal is different, then that is another story.

I think y’all are in agreement. And I concur ✔️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The whole thing is whether JC is 'worth' the max or whatever amount.   Contending teams don't let key guys just leave because they feel like they aren't worth a few extra million.   They just pay up.   I'm not saying be stupid but it's not like we're banking on JC's potential.  The guy is seriously productive and great for team chemistry.   Who's the vocal leader of this team when he's gone?   As fans, and for the reputation of the franchise, we need to be keeping the elite talent not trying to find more cost effective talent.   

Yep.  You don't wanna be stupid but you gotta understand cheap teams don't win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1