• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls -- At Long Last, The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

what's all this elbow and ankle soreness stuff.   If that kept me from working i'd never  work another day in my life.  😁

Huerter and his weak arms..Cam and his weak legs...smh

Capela being out is really going to hurt the interior defense.

rondo/Dunn being out is going to really impact the game in a bad way when Trae sits. Huerter running point isn’t really an option and while Bogi did better as a playmaker it’s not a real option for back up point when Trae sits. I hope Goodwin gets the opportunity though he’s not a great option as a playmaker either necessarily.

we will probably see collins at the 5 ....which offensively is fine or should be but defensively I’m not looking forward to it. Maybe this lineup for tonight since capela out....

Trae

Huerter

Cam

Hunter

collins

*Bogi and Gallo lead the bench

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And this is suppose to be one of the youngest teams in the league?  Sounds like a middle age rec league team. 

Lets take a stab:

If it were me lineup would be:

Young, Goodwin

Cam, Bogi, Mays

Dre, Huerter 

Gallo, Hill

Collins, Bruno, Knight

LP will likely run out:

Trae, Goodwin

Bogi, Huerter, Mays

Hunter, Cam

Gallo, Hill

Collins, Bruno, Knight

Hawksquawk would probably prefer:

Trae, Goodwin

Bogi, Huerter, Mays

Hunter, Cam

Collins, Gallo, Hill

Bruno, Knight

Either way, tonight could be rough. 

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Capela being out is really going to hurt the interior defense.

rondo/Dunn being out is going to really impact the game in a bad way when Trae sits. Huerter running point isn’t really an option and while Bogi did better as a playmaker it’s not a real option for back up point when Trae sits. I hope Goodwin gets the opportunity though he’s not a great option as a playmaker either necessarily.

we will probably see collins at the 5 ....which offensively is fine or should be but defensively I’m not looking forward to it. Maybe this lineup for tonight since capela out....

Trae

Huerter

Cam

Hunter

collins

*Bogi and Gallo lead the bench

I can see this happening.
If we go with Collins at center, I really would like Cam and Gallo to start at SG/PF so that we are "small" but not really small ya know.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And this is suppose to be one of the youngest teams in the league?  Sounds like a middle age rec league team. 

Memphis is the youngest team in the NBA.  24.4 avg age

Hawks avg age 25.7

Nuggets/Pistons/Cavs/Wolves/Celtics/Knicks/Hornets all have younger Teams than the Hawks...

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lets take a stab:

If it were me lineup would be:

Young, Goodwin

Cam, Bogi, Mays

Dre, Huerter 

Gallo, Hill

Collins, Bruno, Knight

LP will likely run out:

Trae, Goodwin

Bogi, Huerter, Mays

Hunter, Cam

Gallo, Hill

Collins, Bruno, Knight

Hawksquawk would probably prefer:

Trae, Goodwin

Bogi, Huerter, Mays

Hunter, Cam

Collins, Gallo, Hill

Bruno, Knight

Either way, tonight could be rough. 

I think the starting lineup will be dependent on how long they anticipate Capela will be out.

If it's short term Bruno starts so the rest of the rotations remain intact with Gallo off the bench. 

If it's long term, we are screwed.

• Like 1

I think our best bet is Trae/Bogi/Cam/Hunter/JC. Starting Gallo is a bad idea IMO. That leaves Bruno as the only big on the bench. If Gallo picks up a couple of quick fouls trying to guard Lauri or helping on White/LaVine then we're in trouble. Also we need Cam's defense in the lineup. Gallo can do a ton of work against their bench.