• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls -- At Long Last, The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Goodwin and Bruno didnt make the best out of their min tonight...

That's because everyone always remembers Bruno's negative plays.  Overall, he play was positive.

16 minutes

5 pts

7 rebs ( most of which came in the 2nd and 3rd quarters )

2 steals ( with one very good one )

1 dime

3 turnovers

3 fouls

( -1 ) for the game . . . because the 3rd team didn't score at the end outside of Bruno.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So is Cam the 'Official Starting Shooting Guard'  even when Capela is cleared to play?  I hope so.

Is Capela the starting center after this performance? lol. I think we may need to keep the same starting lineup unless we're playing a legit BIG..Hawks have options..Sounds nice..

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

The most encouraging thing about this win was it was our Young Core that really did the dominating.  Trae, Kevin, Cam, Hunter, John...great job Schlenk.  These guys looked great out there. 

Not saying the new comers didn't contribute, because they did, but the start of this Game was magnificent to see the growth from the young wings.

Trae came out with an MVP performance.  The bulls didn't have much defensive resistance, but that offense tonight was special regardless.

Schlenk constructed a great deep team this year. We haven't even seen our best defensive lineups out there.  

I'm just so stoked to start the season with a Hawks win and the team playing so well on both ends.  The turnovers got out of hand once the game was out of reach.  Trae ran the offense to perfection.

I'm just rambing y'all...lol

This is what I was hoping to see with the young core, with the new comers filling in, and not force the issue with the new FAs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's because everyone always remembers Bruno's negative plays.  Overall, he play was positive.

16 minutes

5 pts

7 rebs ( most of which came in the 2nd and 3rd quarters )

2 steals ( with one very good one )

1 dime

3 turnovers

3 fouls

( -1 ) for the game . . . because the 3rd team didn't score at the end outside of Bruno.

Not true, you just brush over all his negatives.   He did have a lot of good moments tonight, but there were a lot of negatives too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not true, you just brush over all his negatives.   He did have a lot of good moments tonight, but there were a lot of negatives too.

I listed his negatives and his positives.

His negatives were the tunovers and some of the loose ball fouls.

His positives were his rebounding and defense . . and the fact that if you give him the ball in the correct spots, he can actually score in the post.

Like JayBird said, they should've been running pick and roll with Bruno at the end.  Or better yet, run the offense through Bruno in the high post, and let him be the passer to create for others.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He also played during that 💩 performance by the end of the bench at the end of the game where the Bulls started scoring 

He did plenty of damage before official garbage time. He earned every bit of that -8. :laugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Thoughts after the first quarter, first game?

It's really not discussed, but Trae is an excellent rebounder for his size.

Trae is more comparable to Isiah Thomas than any of the other modern PGs he's compared to.   If the defense comes around in the form of getting steals, they'll have no choice but to add him to All-NBA teams and consider him for MVP awards if the Hawks are real good.