• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bulls -- At Long Last, The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, High5 said:

I had my doubts about starting Gallo, but you can't argue with the results. Fortunately Lauri was MIA at the beginning of the game and apparently WCJ sucks now? I just remember him giving us the business before and thinking he had a bright future. Anyway, I'm sure @Peoriabird beat me to the punch on eating crow. 

I'm not sure it would have mattered who was playing in the front court if Trae and the wings shoot and play like they did last night.  Every team looks good when all of their shots go in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm not sure it would have mattered who was playing in the front court if Trae and the wings shoot and play like they did last night.  Every team looks good when all of their shots go in. 

Odds of eating crow regardless of results this season, 0%. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For what it's worth, one of the comments above reminds me to mention there was an unanticipated KB01 sighting on my Twitter feed yesterday, and turns out, KB01 appears to be a huge racing fan. Didn't know.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

For what it's worth, one of the comments above reminds me to mention there was an unanticipated KB01 sighting on my Twitter feed yesterday, and turns out, KB01 appears to be a huge racing fan. Didn't know.

Maybe I'm scarred from awful twitter comments but I got really sad for half a second because I thought you were about to say racist, not racing... 😂

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Pierce may not turn out to be the coach that takes us to the proverbial promised land. But he says all the right things in the right way. I was taken by his last comment (FF to 7:43 mark) about "respect" and "work." Not like it's rocket science or anything, but you can tell he's not just mouthing those right words. He's genuine and serious, and that's a common denominator of the most successful head coaches. Just sayin.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Haliburton and the Kings won against Denver last night!

Lots of Twitter love going out for the rookie, I see.

And Kong can't get on the floor fast enough for me, so that those of us who were all-in on Haliburton can feel some reassurance.

EDIT: I should add... our FA shopping list was almost certainly significantly different by virtue of the Okongwu decision... I had us pegged for pursuing Christian Wood, who is right now that we can hope Okongwu eventually will become. (Hasten to add, Kong might surpass that. We certainly all hope so.) Think what made the decision may have been Okongwu's high-character rep.

• Like 1