• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

sturt

No idea what to expect. I KNOW its a tough match up for the Hawks but I also know this team is much improved. Question is.....how does that improvement translate to these type match ups? 

We don't have anyone that can handle Val inside and Ja is elite at getting to the line. Seems like it should be tough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, High5 said:

If Capela and Gallo are out then we're going to have to shoot the lights out most likely. 

Man wtf? When did Gallo even get injured? And Capela playing all preseason but missing the 1st 2 games is crazy..My Goodness.................

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

First game of the season we saw what this team can look like when it's at its best. At some point this year we'll see what this team looks like at its worst. Regardless of if where we fall between those two extremes against Memphis we'll know a lot more about this team after this game because Memphis is a quality team unlike the Bulls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Ordinarily, I'd be okay with a 1 point loss (per Vegas) in Memphis.

But given there's no actual home court advantage, and given that they're without one of their most core pieces, I'm really not sure that this should be a W for them necessarily.

I'd be outright convinced it shouldn't be if only we had a Noah Vonleh or John Henson on the roster instead of a 4th PG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Ordinarily, I'd be okay with a 1 point loss (per Vegas) in Memphis.

But given there's no actual home court advantage, and given that they're without one of their most core pieces, I'm really not sure that this should be a W for them necessarily.

I'd be outright convinced it shouldn't be if only we had a Noah Vonleh or John Henson on the roster instead of a 4th PG.

Memphis is without a core piece. Absolutely. Hawks are or could be without 2 core pieces in Gallo and Capela and then without significant role pieces in Dunn, Snell, and Rondo. 

I just think in the end it's a poor matchup for the Hawks. Doesn’t mean they can't win. Just means they likely need an elite game from Trae and solid ones from everyone else to secure the W.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Memphis is without a core piece. Absolutely. Hawks are or could be without 2 core pieces in Gallo and Capela and then without significant role pieces in Dunn, Snell, and Rondo. 

I just think in the end it's a poor matchup for the Hawks. Doesn’t mean they can't win. Just means they likely need an elite game from Trae and solid ones from everyone else to secure the W.

Based on the preseason. We just need Trae to produce. Cam and Hunter were plenty good

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Memphis is missing JJJ, Winslow and Porter so their front court depth is also depleted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1