• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

sturt

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Relax...It was a joke

Aye!  We out rebounded them though!  That was my one worry.  If the Hawks were having even a decent shooting game, this would have been a blow out! 

Also, @TheNorthCydeRises, I know you think I may not like Bruno, but his 10 rebounds were huge this game.  This was a complete team win! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Something must be going on with Rondo. Why would he get zero minutes?

Coach said he hadn't practiced all week.  

I think there may be some concern from injury there, but that's just my opinion.  I think Rondo isn't going to play too much this season anyway.  He's here to mentor Trae and help in those games when we really need a bench playmaker. 

Just realized the Hawks beat Memphis 35 - 24 in the fourth! Trae played like an MVP in the fourth, whispers, except that one turnover.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Coach said he hadn't practiced all week.  

I think there may be some concern from injury there, but that's just my opinion. I think the medical staff probably held him out.  I think Rondo isn't going to play too much this season anyway.  He's here to mentor Trae and help in those games when we really need a bench playmaker. 

7.5 million per is way too much for elder statesman mentor money. That's the salary of a guy expected to make on court contributions.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Udonis Haslem got 2.5 mil, Vince Carter got 2.5 mil. If that's the role we want for Rondo we grossly overpaid.

Yeah and neither of them have the resume of Rondo.  It ain't my money, but if they felt having him can get Trae to become a championship point guard, then you pay to keep him from going to the LA Clippers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Udonis Haslem got 2.5 mil, Vince Carter got 2.5 mil. If that's the role we want for Rondo we grossly overpaid.

Not alot of point gaurds can run an NBA offense well, including Trae. Rondo brings valuable knowledge.

• Like 3