Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

sturt

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

This is true!

How about a feature game on Christmas.

Atlanta and Memphis are the "legacy cities" for MLK. Having those two play each other on MLK day means that one of those cities doesn't have a game that day.

So move the Trae vs Ja matchup to Christmas. And spare us from watching blowouts between so-called "star" teams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

From where I sit up here in the nosebleeds...

Just as Detroit and Dallas home games are staples of every Thanksgiving, I'd vote for Memphis and Atlanta each hosting another team every year on MLK Day for national broadcasts. I mean... that just seems a no-brainer.

(Christmas games, I think, are more or less now anointed as reward for having had some measure of postseason success, so I'd doubt the league office would anoint a particular match-up as an every year occasion.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

(Christmas games, I think, are more or less now anointed as reward for having had some measure of postseason success, so I'd doubt the league office would anoint a particular match-up as an every year occasion.)

We made 10 straight playoff appearances, at least half we got past 1st round, and an ECF appearance and STILL didn't get a Christmas game back then.

They put the Pels on Xmas for crying out loud. Warriors we know why they made the exception, but the Pels? Because of Zion, really?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We made 10 straight playoff appearances, at least half we got past 1st round, and an ECF appearance and STILL didn't get a Christmas game back then.

They put the Pels on Xmas for crying out loud. Warriors we know why they made the exception, but the Pels? Because of Zion, really?

we didn't have star talent back then, so winning meant nothing. Nobody wanted to watch Joe Johnson and Al Horford etc