• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

sturt

• Premium Member

Here are the teams/games for Christmas the last time it arguably would have occurred to the schedule makers to put the Hawks on the docket.

LWR_Recording.png

(It would seem that a qualifier besides playoff success was that your team featured a high profile player that could drive ratings.)

11 hours ago, terrell said:

I think Kevin's game has grown as much as any.  He is adding some midrange scoring.  He had a very Luka-type moment last night.  He dribbled past a close-out defender, got him on his back, a few controlled dribbles into space while shielding the ball with his body, and scoring with a quickly released floater from maybe 10 ft.  An old-man bucket.  I loved it.

Gotta continue to give these young guys space to develop internally.  Most guys take at least 3 years to peak in this league.  I'm wondering a little bit why Solomon Hill is getting so many minutes, but I'm going to reserve judgment until I see a little more.  Can't argue with results so far, anyway.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

So did they put the 'hit' out on Allen?  No one seemed upset about the Hill flagrant.

Eta.  And when is the MEM coaching staff gonna explain to Ja that it's Dillon Brooks' team? 😆

Haha, watching that dude play, you just know he sees Lebron Jordan staring back at him when he looks in the mirror.

Now we know why, besides the Bogi incident.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, txsting said:

Deandre Hunter is going to be pretty special.  You can see a little more confidence, although he still seems a little surprised when the ball goes in. 🙂  

I was told he didn't have any upside..And we gave up waaaaay too much for him......smh.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Allen earned his rep as a cheap shot artist. He never changed from college, he just learned how to get away with it. That's why I had no issue with Hill going full on "goon" on him. He's going to end up hurting somebody like Dellavedova. 

Bruce Bowen was the master of the subtle cheap shot trip, kick, etc.

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What a pos

Unfortunately though, thats why you don't let the turd know he made it onto your radar.

No, it wasn't some vicious blow but he was clearly trying to go at his ankle or something.  It doesn't take much to injure a guy that way.

Send the clip to the league, let them continue to paper the guy's file.

• Like 2