• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks -- the Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Offense was really moving until we took the foot off the gas in the 4th.

got to do a better job of protecting the ball ... some bonehead turnovers and bad fouls ...

D was okay but there were spurts of just nothing

Grant had his way ... got to do a better job of protecting the paint ... 

Still a win is a win and we are now 3-0

Bring on Durant and Irving

BTW . . . both took the night off tonight.

Nets lose to the Griz in OT.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The last 5 or so minutes wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win. 

The tape should help for late game situations going forward. Lots to fix.

Next up - those Brooklyn Boys.

Nets just dropped 2 games in a row vs. Hornets and Grizz. They are going to be hungry for a win on Wednesday. We better be ready for a motivated opponent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Can't wait to get Galo back. Maybe we can trade Capela I think dude is damaged goods, probably why Houston just gave him away for peanuts. 

-10 tonight..I hate that stat though. lol

Amazing to have a team this deep. Jerami Grant showed why I thought he'd should've been our #1 target in FA, but he needs to learn how to actually draw a foul. Otherwise he's hurting his team every time he hits the floor without making the shot.

Moving forward I hope Collins and Capela figure out how to play with each other. When we're shooting well we'll always look good, but we still have some problems getting our bigs involved in addition to our defense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Amazing to have a team this deep. Jerami Grant showed why I thought he'd should've been our #1 target in FA, but he needs to learn how to actually draw a foul. Otherwise he's hurting his team every time he hits the floor without making the shot.

Moving forward I hope Collins and Capela figure out how to play with each other. When we're shooting well we'll always look good, but we still have some problems getting our bigs involved in addition to our defense.

Capela cant do anything but man the paint. So JC has to step out, which is inhibiting his activity around the basket. Im not bullish on the pairing. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol, it's crazy - he last played in January, 11 months. He's going to need time to get in rhythm. That only happens if he can stay healthy though.

Will he be healthy? Not sure he'll ever be right. Lingering Achilles pain does not have a nice ring to it. But it's speculation on my part. Of course if Capela can return to being 100% he'll be an asset. Just skeptical about that being the case. 

• Premium Member

Wooo another win.  Like many have stated, not the prettiest of wins but W is all that matters at this stage.  My takeaways:

1. We had 7 guys in double digits (and Heurter had 9) which is awesome to see -- no selfishness on this team right now
  2. Bogi shot very well tonight and it was refreshing to see him in rhythm from behind the arc
  3. We need serious work on rebounding fundamentals
  4. Watching Rondo come out and deal 8 dimes in 15 minutes was something else -- hoping some of that can rub off on Trae as I think improving his assist/turnover ratio is the lowest hanging fruit in his game right now
  • Like 4