• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks -- the Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Admin
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

This team has to stop hunting 3's period. Rondo show them the way but it still didn't stop the 1st unit.  Coach that bad tendency out of them Pierce please!

Agreed and I don’t like Trae chucking from logo ... such a low percentage shot

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nets just dropped 2 games in a row vs. Hornets and Grizz. They are going to be hungry for a win on Wednesday. We better be ready for a motivated opponent.

They rested their guys tonight so should be fresh. We'll get everything we can handle. Can't wait. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This team has to stop hunting 3's period. Rondo show them the way but it still didn't stop the 1st unit.  Coach that bad tendency out of them Pierce please!

Elaborate?  The team was hitting threes when Rondo was in the game.  What this team needed to do was play some darn defense and rebound after they went up by 24.  You may be referring to them jacking up threes when they lost the lead and I agree they didn't need to be shooting them then.  

They were 20-42 (47.6%) from three though and they should keep shooting them if they are good looks. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe if we kept the pick, Gallo nor Bogi signs here. Trading the pick for an established player signaled we were serious about taking the next step.

He didnt even play for us last year, I doubt he made a big difference in how we are viewed. But he is a great locker room presence and all around nice guy. But honestly, giving a mid 1st for a guy who was seriously injured and not going to play until next season, and being a non shooting traditional big who are not highly coveted in today's game. That wasn't good value on our part in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He didnt even play for us last year, I doubt he made a big difference in how we are viewed. But he is a great locker room presence and all around nice guy. But honestly, giving a mid 1st for a guy who was seriously injured and not going to play until next season, and being a non shooting traditional big who are not highly coveted in today's game. That wasn't good value on our part in my opinion.

You are being real reactionary right now.  Who could we have gotten at that pick that is currently better than Capela?  That value you speak of sure wouldn't be realized this season. 

Edited by marco102

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Capela cant do anything but man the paint. So JC has to step out, which is inhibiting his activity around the basket. Im not bullish on the pairing. 

Stagger them then..

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Elaborate?  The team was hitting threes when Rondo was in the game.  What this team needed to do was play some darn defense and rebound after they went up by 24.  You may be referring to them jacking up threes when they lost the lead and I agree they didn't need to be shooting them then.  

They were 20-42 (47.6%) from three though and they should keep shooting them if they are good looks. 

Solomon Hill took like 7 3's tonight...should that be the norm?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think he means settling for threes early in the shot clock down the stretch when the other team is making a run. Getting a wide open look after some nice ball movement is one thing and you'll take that with this team all day, but the one pass to the wing and heave offense is a recipe for blowing a big lead. 

• Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

He took 8 and hit 4.  If he's shooting 50% then yes, all of his were wide open and were good shots.  Solomon Hill won't be playing much once the full rotation of bigs are in place. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dude went 4 for 8... on 3s...

If his heat check is hot.. let it fly.

Sheez, when Tony Snell and Gallo gets back, we will be feared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

He took 8 and hit 4.  If he's shooting 50% then yes, all of his were wide open and were good shots.  Solomon Hill won't be playing much once the full rotation of bigs are in place. 

Hill won't hit at 50% clip normally... I think he's like a low 30%s shooter from 3, so I highly doubt this would or should be the norm, but hey -- very happy he drained those tonight because that game got a lot closer than it should have lol

• Like 1