• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks -- the Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

He took 8 and hit 4.  If he's shooting 50% then yes, all of his were wide open and were good shots.  Solomon Hill won't be playing much once the full rotation of bigs are in place. 

You don't know that he is going to hit them until after the shot. If you think that Solo should lead the team in 3 point shots then I can't help you

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You don't know that he is going to hit them until after the shot. If you think that Solo should lead the team in 3 point shots then I can't help you

And you don't know if he'll miss them until after the shot.  So what's the point here.  I agreed with you that the shot selection of hoisting up threes to blow the lead was terrible.  However, the threes they were taking before then were mostly within the offense and that's why they shot 46.7%.  

You can't argue with results.  If Trae heists up 10 30 footers and hits 9 during the clenching game of a championship, are we going to go back and say, damn he shouldn't have took those shots that won us the championship that went in.  No, we wouldn't give a flying funk! 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Hill won't hit at 50% clip normally... I think he's like a low 30%s shooter from 3, so I highly doubt this would or should be the norm, but hey -- very happy he drained those tonight because that game got a lot closer than it should have lol

Just a poor approach to offense and I guess fans are use to this and when it works they say see...what are you complaining about not reading that its a losing strategy.

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

You can't play basketball like that.  You have to go with the situation.  IF They leave Hill wide open and he keeps hitting the open shot, guess what, you keep feeding him until they stop it.  Hill is a disrupter.  His presence should make teams spread the floor.  If they give him the shot, then he should take it. IF he's off, he should pass it.  Shooters know.

What you can't do is say.. Oh.. that's Hill, he doesn't get a green light?  We have a team full of shooters, everybody has the occasional heat check.  In my Mark Jackson voice... You go with the hot hand. 

They would leave 70% of our team wide open last year too and we won 20 games with that strategy. I guess we will never learn

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You are being real reactionary right now.  Who could we have gotten at that pick that is currently better than Capela?  That value you speak of sure wouldn't be realized this season. 

I think if the Hawks could do it all over again, they would rather keep #17 and find a cheaper, serviceable big in free agency.

Great win tonight ....we had a scare at the end but we pulled it together and finished the game. The team is doing great so far but we still have to figure out issues defensively like LP said. 

At the end of the day I’m confident in this group and next games  vs the nets is going to be a real challenge. We will no doubt get KD and kyrie in both this games since they sat out tonight 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They would leave 70% of our team wide open last year too and we won 20 games with that strategy. I guess we will never learn

That can't be the only strategy at work at the time.  Notice I said that Hill is a disrupter his job is to cause the team to spread the floor.   IF a team collapses to the paint, we have to have a shooter... that's why we went out and spent money on Bogi, Gallo and Picked up Snell and Solo.   We have shooters.   You can't expect young guys Huerter and Hunter and Reddish to all the sudden become three point shooters...Although it seem to work for JC. 

Once teams start respecting our shooters, the floor is open for our slasher.  That's the other strategy at work at the same time.   Or the floor is even better when we move to PNR and PNF.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

So you agree that we have much better shooters and should shoot good looks within the offense.

Thanks sir. Have a wonderful evening.

Inside out...Trae and the Hawks were at their best attacking Memphis and drawing fouls. That is how the Hawks controlled that game. They lost control of this game hunting 3's

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

And Trae has to stop the Bombs period!!! It a low percentage shot that leads to run outs

They are great when they go in, when they don't they are back breakers. He still is not making an effort to play off the ball to get open looks for himself. CLP should play Rondo and Trae together as an experiment.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

They are great when they go in, when they don't they are back breakers. He still is not making an effort to play off the ball to get open looks for himself. CLP should play Rondo and Trae together as an experiment.

No GIFs | Tenor

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The last 5 or so minutes wasn't pretty, but I'll take the win. 

The tape should help for late game situations going forward. Lots to fix.

Next up - those Brooklyn Boys.

Yup but the game was pretty for us until those last 5 minutes. I don’t know what everyone else  is complaining about. You have to learn to close games and that’s what this unit is starting to learn and develop now.

it’s important for Trae to learn closing games out and so far the last two games he has or helped seal the victory 

• Like 2