• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks -- the Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, hawkzlova123 said:

No body is hunting threes its a wide open shot

Thank you! What game are these folks watching ???? The 3 ball was open so as most teams do in this era they let it fly!

They shot this well without Gallo and Snell and Trae not having the best 3pt night . I’m ok with letting the 3s fly AS LONG AS WE ARE EFFICIENT.....if they were letting it fly and we weren’t efficient as a team then that’s when you have to change up the approach but Pistons weren’t guarding the 3 point line well at all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think if the Hawks could do it all over again, they would rather keep #17 and find a cheaper, serviceable big in free agency.

*cough Christian Wood *cough... Ya I'm not sure we expected Capela to still be managing the injury by Dic 2020, but all in all don't mind the move. As was posted it was an important signifier that we were done being lottery bound and even diminished he's still an OK piece to have especially for certain match ups. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup but the game was pretty for us until those last 5 minutes. I don’t know what everyone else  is complaining about. You have to learn to close games and that’s what this unit is starting to learn and develop now.

it’s important for Trae to learn closing games out and so far the last two games he has or helped seal the victory 

And we're talking about learning how to close out the Pistons arguable the worst team in basketball especially without their 2 best players.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Thank you! What game are these folks watching ???? The 3 ball was open so as most teams do in this era they let it fly!

They shot this well without Gallo and Snell and Trae not having the best 3pt night . I’m ok with letting the 3s fly AS LONG AS WE ARE EFFICIENT.....if they were letting it fly and we weren’t efficient as a team then that’s when you have to change up the approach but Pistons weren’t guarding the 3 point line well at all.

So tell me..what happened to the 24 point lead during the last 5 minutes of the game?

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

*cough Christian Wood *cough... Ya I'm not sure we expected Capela to still be managing the injury by Dic 2020, but all in all don't mind the move. As was posted it was an important signifier that we were done being lottery bound and even diminished he's still an OK piece to have especially for certain match ups. 

Would I trade Clint Capela for #17 and Christian Wood? That would be a hell yes.

Edited by bleachkit

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don't mind the offense but in the fourth quarter we did not run the offense well once Trae came back in and settled for some bad shots. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Would I trade Clint Capela for #17 and Christian Woods? That would be a hell yes.

Hindsight my bro. 

• Like 1

They're coming after Collins too..lol. Nobodys safe around here....

"Sabonis is an all-star with a new 4 year, 74 million dollar contract

So far this year, this is what he’s done:
32-13-5 vs. Knicks
22-10-11 vs. Bulls
19-10-5 vs. Celtics
And we "supposedly" offered Collins 4 for 90 mil and he turned it down???
I like John, but trade his ass right now cause he doesn’t have jack squat on Sabonis and we offered him 16 million more, he’s never sniffed an all-star game like Sabonis and he has the nerve to turn that offer down.
Wait til he has some good games and dump him. Hell, Houston got Christian Wood SOMEHOW for 14 mil a year and he’s a beast".

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't mind the offense but in the fourth quarter we did not run the offense well once Trae came back in and settled for some bad shots. 

Hindsight my bro. 

I know. At the time we were losing, and Travis was under pressure to make a move for veteran help. We overpaid. That's how it goes sometimes.

1 minute ago, terrell said:

They're coming after Collins too..lol

32-13-5 vs. Knicks
22-10-11 vs. Bulls
19-10-5 vs. Celtics
I like John, but trade his ass right now cause he doesn’t have jack squat on Sabonis and we offered him 16 million more, he’s never sniffed an all-star game like Sabonis and he has the nerve to turn that offer down.
Wait til he has some good games and dump him. Hell, Houston got Christian Wood SOMEHOW for 14 mil a year and he’s a beast".

Sabonis is actually underpaid.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

They're coming after Collins too..lol. Nobodys safe around here....

32-13-5 vs. Knicks
22-10-11 vs. Bulls
19-10-5 vs. Celtics

Sabonis is also playing like 37 mins a game. Check their per 36 mins stats. Collins has not been bad but he has been forced to play center a lot and that's not his position.  

To clarify Collins is averaging 22 11 and three blocks per 36 mins, which is great. He has a better PER and a higher W/S per 48 mins than Sabonis. Problem is he is racking up fouls playing out of position for large chunks of the game. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think if the Hawks could do it all over again, they would rather keep #17 and find a cheaper, serviceable big in free agency.

LIke who? Can we at least wait until Capela gets into game shape? lol.... And Bruno, Okungwu, and Knight are cheaper serviceable bigs...And they need a vet to learn from..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

LIke who? Can we at least wait until Capela gets into game shape? lol.... And Bruno, Okungwu, and Knight are cheaper serviceable bigs...And they need a vet to learn from..

I like Capela, but in light of his injuries, trading a mid 1st for him was an over pay. 

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I like Capela, but in light of his injuries, trading a mid 1st for him was an over pay. 

He missed 2 games.Pretty sure he couldve played it were Playoffs..Did he get hurt again today?

Edited by terrell

15 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Sabonis is also playing like 37 mins a game. Check their per 36 mins stats. Collins has not been bad but he has been forced to play center a lot and that's not his position.  

To clarify Collins is averaging 22 11 and three blocks per 36 mins, which is great. He has a better PER and a higher W/S per 48 mins than Sabonis. Problem is he is racking up fouls playing out of position for large chunks of the game. 

Let's try a Rondo, Kevin, Bogi, Hunter, JC lineup. Let JC have that paint all to himself.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Let's try a Rondo, Kevin, Bogi, Hunter, JC lineup. Let JC have that paint all to himself.

This is a very situational lineup that leaves you without any real rebounding. This the kind of lineup that makes middling bigs look like All Stars.

Just now, EazyRoc said:

This is a very situational lineup that leaves you without any real rebounding. This the kind of lineup that makes middling bigs look like All Stars.

No, not really. Rondo is a good rebounder for a guard. Kevin, Bogi and Hunter are all decent rebounding wings. I would love to see this line up. You could also put Cam in for one of the three wings.