• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am really looking forward to this game tonight. Does anyone know if Snell and Okongwu will be available?

They are both out. They've been upgraded to practicing 3v3 only. Usually, players have to get to 5v5 practicing before being cleared to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I'm very pumped for this game.  I'm hoping our team D can make Kyrie/KD work hard for their buckets and they compensate on the defensive end where we take advantage.  Also hoping to see another great night of Rondo leading the bench to a big  positive deficit over the Nets bench.  We need at least two of Hunter/Reddish/Collins to have a really good night.

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm very pumped for this game.  I'm hoping our team D can make Kyrie/KD work hard for their buckets and they compensate on the defensive end where we take advantage.  Also hoping to see another great night of Rondo leading the bench to a big  positive deficit over the Nets bench.  We need at least two of Hunter/Reddish/Collins to have a really good night.

I am as well. Don't forget about Harris and LeVert. They can keep teams busy with their offense as well. I would have never thought it but the Nets are 1st in defensive rating and only 15th in offensive rating. Dinwiddie may have a little to do with that defense and he is out for the season now.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I am as well. Don't forget about Harris and LeVert. They can keep teams busy on the defensive end as well. I would have never thought it but the Nets are 1st in defensive rating and only 15th in offensive rating. Dinwiddie may have a little to do with that defense and he is out for the season now.

Should be a great test for our guys, hope they bring it today.

• Like 1

Im more curious who the Nets start with Dinwiddie out.

That'll let us know what matchups we will see. 
For example, whether or not JC has to guard KD or Trae on Kyrie, or if we can hide them on other guys.

Cam on Kyrie, Dre on KD, Trae on the SG, JC on the other forward if KD starts at the 3. If KD is at the 4 you cant hide JC. If Lavert starts you dont want Trae on him either lol

14 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im more curious who the Nets start with Dinwiddie out.

That'll let us know what matchups we will see. 
For example, whether or not JC has to guard KD or Trae on Kyrie, or if we can hide them on other guys.

Cam on Kyrie, Dre on KD, Trae on the SG, JC on the other forward if KD starts at the 3. If KD is at the 4 you cant hide JC. If Lavert starts you dont want Trae on him either lol

Prince is their weakest offensive link but he is 6 inches taller and outweighs Trae by a good 30 pounds. It will have to be a team effort. All the guards on that Nets team can score.

Edited by Buzzard

46 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Cam has played well vs the Nets in the past. Lets hope it continues tonight.....

• Like 1