• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

John earned some coins tonight.  Man what a game from him.  That's the John I want to see. 

Trae was Trae.  His three is off, but when it gets going he'll drop 40 easily.

BOGI - Some here said we didn't need him and now they have been quiet.  Not calling any names, but you know, patients is key.

Cam had a good game. 20 pts and great defense.  Hunter had a good game too.  They were giving Kyrie the business in the first half, but he's a star and showed why in the forth.

Huerter had a quiet game. Rondo was a good backup.

Our starters actually had a great plus minus.  When Gallo went out the game changed.   Hope we get him back soon. 

Coach said they know they can beat this team! I love it. 

Kept waiting for Trae to take over late just like Kyrie was doing. Kinda disappointed he never did. I know being patient is growth for him, and I like it earlier in the game. But late game situations are where I want him to own it rather than defer. If he's the elite player we all think he is he should be able to handle that imo. 

Just now, GameTime said:

Luka now 2-21 from 3

9.52%

He’s officially broken single digits

Trae hasn't been lights out this season either.  I'm not going to revel in Luka having bad games because I actually like him. I just want the narrative that the gap between he and Trae is infinity to end. However, I'd like to see how NBA stat twitter approaches his slow start.  They haven't talked about how out of shape he is yet.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Trae hasn't been lights out this season either.  I'm not going to revel in Luka having bad games because I actually like him. I just want the narrative that the gap between he and Trae is infinity to end. However, I'd like to see how NBA stat twitter approaches his slow start.  They haven't talked about how out of shape he is yet.

Luka and Trae have the same problem. They take tough threes. It was bound to catch up at some point.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Kept waiting for Trae to take over late just like Kyrie was doing. Kinda disappointed he never did. I know being patient is growth for him, and I like it earlier in the game. But late game situations are where I want him to own it rather than defer. If he's the elite player we all think he is he should be able to handle that imo. 

One of the problems is they smother him and force someone else to knock it down.  He's doing the right thing by drawing the attention and trying to find the open man, but guys have to knock down clutch shots.  At the same time...we put 141 points on the board...lol.  It ain't like we didn't knock shots down when it counted.  We gave them hell the whole game...and it could have went either way. 

BKN just has two guys that can flat out get it done and they dialed them up in the end.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

He came in looking like Jokic did last season. I was a bit surprised because he played in the bubble. This is beginning to be a pattern with him that nobody wants to talk about. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

BKN just has two guys that can flat out get it done and they dialed them up in the end.

Yep. And that's what I was hoping to see from Trae. I know the offense is elite. But in late game situations, I'd rather put the ball in the hands of Trae than Hunter or Cam or even Bogie.

141 pts yes. But we needed 146. 

• Like 1