• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

8 hours ago, aali34 said:

One thing I noticed was that John wasn't just geting in post position and waiting for his teamates to get him the ball. There were a couple possesions where he'd be a bit higher on the elbow and someone would screen and switch so he could take advantage of the mismatch. 

Hopefully tonight was a preview of whats to come and he keeps scoring well. Having reliable offense through the post increases his value to the team and makes us that much more versatile offensively. 

JC looked very bit like an all star last night

8 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's too short to guard Harris. We just have to put Trae on Kyrie and give him help. 

Lol. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Capela looks unathletic compared to where he was in the preseason. I am not sure he there physical. He doesn't appear to be limping so my guess is he just out of shape and our pace to really fast. 

I'm hoping it's just conditioning, because he hasn't looked good. He has no lift.

He can't have anymore missed games due to injury or his conditioning will get set back again.

It's something worth monitoring.

• Like 3

Hawks lost this game but they sure screwed up the defense didn't they.  Coming into the game, our worthy opponent had the best % defense in the east - - allowing the fewest points, on average.  Ha!  Atlanta blew that out of the water, didn't they!

Gallo was having a great game.  A twisted ankle ultimately cost us a great scorer and probably the game.  Hawks are good but not a team yet.  Still learning to play together.  They will get better.  Capela is still trying to get in NBA shape.  Bruno seems to be improving and Lloyd hesitates to play our two way center, even if he did look great in the last game he got to play.  Don't want to spoil that great feeling we have for Knight.

Nets are considered to be one of the very best teams in the NBA.  Hawks still have players on their roster who haven't glimpsed the floor this season and had Gallo injured early in last night's game.  In the end it required heroic work by two of their finest to overcome Atlanta.

Defense?  Yes, the Hawks are still learning this very important part of their game.  Expect small improvements from game to game.  No great explosion, but gradual stuff.

I still like out trade for Trae and Cam, don't you?  I'd do it again!

:smug:

PS - Remember, free throw points count!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm hoping it's just conditioning, because he hasn't looked good. He has no lift.

He can't have anymore missed games due to injury or his conditioning will get set back again.

It's something worth monitoring.

He's not springy compared to what he once was. 

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Capela looks unathletic compared to where he was in the preseason. I am not sure he there physical. He doesn't appear to be limping so my guess is he just out of shape and our pace to really fast. 

Weren't you the one hyping him up during the off season about how great he looked? He looks terrible.

Edited by bleachkit

Is it just me, or do Nets games look incredibly good on TV?  I love that court.

With the pace we are playing at, I'm not sure what role a center like Capela can have in the game (specifically a game like last night).  He barely has time to make it down the court before we're jacking up another 3 or throwing down an oop.  Doesn't look like he's in shape yet.  I expect him to look much better in a few weeks, and especially when we are playing squads with slower pace.  

Collins looked way better, very tenacious under the rim and his athleticism down there is a big edge.  So anxious to see Okongwu, perhaps next to John.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

He's not springy compared to what he once was. 

Weren't you the one hyping him up during the off season about how great he looked? He looks terrible.

He did look great in the the preseason. Did you not watch the games or you just want to be a ****? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, txsting said:

Is it just me, or do Nets games look incredibly good on TV?  I love that court.

With the pace we are playing at, I'm not sure what role a center like Capela can have in the game (specifically a game like last night).  He barely has time to make it down the court before we're jacking up another 3 or throwing down an oop.  Doesn't look like he's in shape yet.  I expect him to look much better in a few weeks, and especially when we are playing squads with slower pace.  

Collins looked way better, very tenacious under the rim and his athleticism down there is a big edge.  So anxious to see Okongwu, perhaps next to John.....

The Nets have a lot going for themsleves. It felt like a real game, not a game in an empty arena. I enjoyed the game, not just from the teams but the presentation felt amazing. Even the Brooklyn chants was pretty cool. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Going into the season, one topic talked about was playing Trae off ball more for more CnS opportunities - haven't seen much of that so far. Not complaining, just saying.

How many CnS plays has Trae has so far? What are the nimbers like?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Going into the season, one topic talked about was playing Trae off ball more for more CnS opportunities - haven't seen much of that so far. Not complaining, just saying.

That's not happening. James Harden is about as likely to learn to play off the ball.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd say give it time.  They are going with what works before adding in the wrinkles.

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's not happening. James Harden is about as likely to learn to play off the ball.

Why are you so negative about the Hawks, but won't call Luka out of shape?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, capstone21 said:

It wasn’t our offense that was the problem ... Gallo doesn’t fix the D

True to a point. The bench couldn't hold the leads we had during the course game. Gallo definitely would have helped there, maybe extend the lead.  Nets bench outplayed ours.

Down the stretch we needed stops but we also didn't score.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd say give it time.  They are going with what works before adding in the wrinkles.

Why are you so negative about the Hawks, but won't call Luka out of shape?

I'm negative about the Hawks? Not really, I really like this team. But I'm gonna point out flaws. Luka honestly looks the same to me. The being said, I'm not high on the Mavs. I like our team better than theirs 

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

I'm negative about the Hawks? Not really, I really like this team. But I'm gonna point out flaws. Luka honestly looks the same to me. The being said, I'm not high on the Mavs. I like our team better than theirs 

That's just not true, even diehard Mavs fans say he has on excess weight and isn't in basketball condition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1