• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 1 of 2)

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Rondo is out with soreness, Hunter might be out with soreness. I know its a long season, but how can we build continuity keeping guys out who aren't really injured? 

If Rondo is gonna be out after every other game, maybe we shouldve drafted Haliburton after all....If BG sees extended min, we might be in trouble..We need Okungwu too though with the way Capela has been moving . Hes also been in and out of the lineup...Ugh..................

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Rondo is out with soreness, Hunter might be out with soreness. I know its a long season, but how can we build continuity keeping guys out who aren't really injured? 

If Rondo, Gallo, and Hunter are out, what do we roll with?

Trae/Bogi/Cam/Collins/Capela

BG/Huerter/?/Hill/Bruno......

Our starters will have to play a TON of min...

2 hours ago, terrell said:

If Rondo is gonna be out after every other game, maybe we shouldve drafted Haliburton after all....If BG sees extended min, we might be in trouble..We need Okungwu too though with the way Capela has been moving . Hes also been in and out of the lineup...Ugh..................

No . . we need to develop Brandon, instead of trying to play Huerter or Bogi at the point.

Who knows, Brandon may be the very guy to put on Kyrie tomorrow night.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, marco102 said:

He just refuses to be as "critical" of Luka as he is of the team he's rooting for.  I've never seen someone simply refuse to just watch someone and like damn, he's out of shape.  Out of shape isn't about JUST weight.  He can carry a few extra pounds and still be productive.  The Luka we are seeing right now is far from Bubble Luka.  No idea how he got out of shape so quickly.

Some Mavs fan said “Tank for Cunningham”....

whos gonna tell him? 🤣

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, aali34 said:

One thing I noticed was that John wasn't just geting in post position and waiting for his teamates to get him the ball. There were a couple possesions where he'd be a bit higher on the elbow and someone would screen and switch so he could take advantage of the mismatch. 

Hopefully tonight was a preview of whats to come and he keeps scoring well. Having reliable offense through the post increases his value to the team and makes us that much more versatile offensively. 

John's strength is slipping the screen.  He sets up for the PNR and if his man cheats, he is off to the goal.   He doesn't have a true midrange game so him playing Pick and Pop is something we don't see much of and him being back to the basket on the low post is not his strength IMHO. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

John's strength is slipping the screen.  He sets up for the PNR and if his man cheats, he is off to the goal.   He doesn't have a true midrange game so him playing Pick and Pop is something we don't see much of and him being back to the basket on the low post is not his strength IMHO. 

I don't expect him to start posting up consistently. He doesn't really have any go-to moves in the post as of yet. I'd be happy with him muscling down smaller gaurds for now.

• Like 1

My predilection for ...no, that's for another thread.  My prediction for today is both sides sit guys.

Hawks sent notice to the supposed big dog.  Were 1 or 2 plays, plus actually playing defense, away from taking that game with them playing well.  No fluke.

Nets sit guys to better grasp the metaphysical realm per Kyme's tenets for self-justification. 🤓  (aka we partied las' nite, baybee).

Happy new year, fokes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Speaking purely for a visual anesthetics point of view, I love watching the Hawks in red playing against the Nets in gray. Especially in Brooklyn, the Nets players just disappear into the background while the Hawks players really pop.

"The it color this spring?  Lavender sprinkle!" - bird_dirt

No, I'm totally kidding.  The very first thing I thought was how beautiful that contrast was between the two teams, the court, etc.  The whole aesthetic was really visually pleasing and I'm not even kidding.

• Like 2