• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Nash criticizes Trae Young

Bonkers

If there is enough outrage I think they might make it an offensive foul or worse (a dirty player will slide their foot under his). So I think Trae needs to watch out

During the 4th qtr I think he was trying to do it too much instead of playing his game

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

If there is enough outrage I think they might make it an offensive foul or worse (a dirty player will slide their foot under his). So I think Trae needs to watch out

During the 4th qtr I think he was trying to do it too much instead of playing his game

It's a fine line imo.  I said last night I thought he crossed it in the 4th. If he's drawing contact and getting to line in the course of actually shooting or even if the defense is being overly aggressive then I have no issue with it.  But last night it looked like he was hunting fouls instead of shots or assists for a stretch in the 4th.  

I don't know that there's any corollary but during that same time he took only 2 fga and missed both.  He seemed out of rhythm after doing all that foul seeking.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was a foul. If you don't like the call. Don't play him so f***ing tight 

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, Trae has been the most fouled player I've ever seen play the game of Basketball. 

People need to shut the f*** up always crying and shit

Thanks! ....I been waiting for this a long time as a hawks fan! I knew the day was coming where others feel like our star gets bullshit air calls!...the same way we’ve felt for years playing other stars across the nba for years and not having the prestige as a franchise or not having a star player until now that could return the favor.

TOUGH SHIT....as a hawks fan we should sit back and relax and enjoy the show ! I don’t feel for any fans who dislike us...we been getting disrespected from the refs for years...

also Trae to me makes a hell of a lot more contact than harden does . Refs been blind for years in the league especially when it comes to the hawks and  now we have a player that’s suddenly given them 20/20 + vision. 😂 

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If you don't want to foul Trae, play him loose. Why no one ever seems to play Trae loose? Because he will drop 50/15 on that ass. You take the good with the bad when you play Trae as a defense.

Exactly!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When guys are directly trailing him and he pumps the brakes then that’s a clear foul IMO. The one where he jumps back to either side is BS, but it’s not Trae’s fault if the refs call it.

I do worry about Trae playing too much for the whistle. It feels like he has only made a few jumpers since the opener. But it’s still very early. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Lip reading what coaches say to refs is not fair game. Coaches argue calls, that's their job. That's not hating, that's literally their job. Post game remarks to the media are fair game. Completely different thing.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's arguing with the Ref. And we are lip reading. Talk about out of context. I thought these were remarks he made to the media. 1 star thread.

Nash was very complimentary of Trae and the Hawks after the game

• Like 3

I actually caught that last night.  He was pissed and said, “That’s not basketball.”  

I love to see Trae add this dimension to his game.  Would rather see him splashing threes, but the fouls disrupt the other team, too.  Ja Morant broke down and got a T.  

Most are legit fouls.  Trae is a huge problem for defenders.  Good luck guarding him.  

• Like 1