Still no Media Love.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Watched the review of the game by several outlets.  In one case, they talked about Kyrie and KD for 8 minutes with no mentions of the Hawks and how we played.    Many of the outlets talked as if it was tormoil between KD and Kyrie which caused this game to be tight.   Only Shannon Freakin Sharpe was the only broadcaster that I watched that said.. the game was the way it is because the Hawks are a really good team.

• Like 3

This team is night and day better than the the Hawks team that needed Bibby trade to become a playoff team. That team was nothing, they didn't fit and they just caught Boston off guard due to their fight and athleticism but as a squad, they weren't good at all. They eventually became good. This team is very good right now.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This team is night and day better than the the Hawks team that needed Bibby trade to become a playoff team. That team was nothing, they didn't fit and they just caught Boston off guard due to their fight and athleticism but as a squad, they weren't good at all. They eventually became good. This team is very good right now.

I wouldn't go that far just yet. 

Let's understand something... We have beat up on lesser teams and have lost against the one good team we faced.   We play very little defense.  We're still finding our offensive identity. 

That team under Woody was actually good.  JJ, Smoove and Horf were good flawed players but the main thing is that they could play defense.  The problem was their offensive identity was isoball.  IF they had better offensive coaching they could have done a lot more damage in the playoffs.   Moreover, it's a shame that the team with Crawford were not coached by Bud. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let's understand something... We have beat up on lesser teams and have lost against the one good team we faced.   We play very little defense.  We're still finding our offensive identity. 

That team under Woody was actually good.  JJ, Smoove and Horf were good flawed players but the main thing is that they could play defense.  The problem was their offensive identity was isoball.  IF they had better offensive coaching they could have done a lot more damage in the playoffs.   Moreover, it's a shame that the team with Crawford were not coached by Bud. 

"We have beat up on lesser teams and have lost against the one good team we faced"

This is probably the reason we haven't got much love yet.......

Edited by terrell

I remember a story from back in the cold war area.  Russia and the USA agreed to play one basketball game and the winner would be the world champion.

After the game, which the USA won, the news here declared us the victor.

Russian news declared, "The poor team from the USA only won one game all season."

Atlanta Hawks = the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA...

:brokenheart:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Diesel said:

Watched the review of the game by several outlets.  In one case, they talked about Kyrie and KD for 8 minutes with no mentions of the Hawks and how we played.    Many of the outlets talked as if it was tormoil between KD and Kyrie which caused this game to be tight.   Only Shannon Freakin Sharpe was the only broadcaster that I watched that said.. the game was the way it is because the Hawks are a really good team.

You sound surprised 

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

I will go that far and much further. This is a contender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2