• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets (Game 2 of 2)

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

An aside, can we talk about Pierce and the coaching staff's adjustments to get from 145 to 96 points !

As much hate as Pierce has gotten I’ll chime in with the Lloyd Llove (don’t anybody get any ideas, I’m happily married).  His rotations have been fairly on point so far this year.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

As much hate as Pierce has gotten I’ll chime in with the Lloyd Llove (don’t anybody get any ideas, I’m happily married).  His rotations have been fairly on point so far this year.  

John's not the only one on a contract year lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

This was an awesome win, but I actually think we showed more in the last game.  

I’m also wondering about Trae’s mentality.  Did the stories about him drawing cheap fouls get to his head?  He stopped cold turkey.  

I'm going to assume Trae is still figuring out how to best play with his new teammates. He hasn't looked like himself to me since the Grizzlies game.

As for the fouling, I doubt he cares about the chatter. It's more likely he just had not need to draw cheap fouls as the Hawks were up 7-10 or more all game and they never really got into the bonus early on. 

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

This was an awesome win, but I actually think we showed more in the last game.  

I’m also wondering about Trae’s mentality.  Did the stories about him drawing cheap fouls get to his head?  He stopped cold turkey.  

1. Playing great defense which they did this game, should have shown you more.  Responding to a tough loss should have shown you more than the first game.

2. The Nets were not falling for the quick stop, they side stepped it pretty quickly.  Trae didn't have to be as aggressive as he usually is in the fourth because of the big lead.  You could hear Lloyd yelling to "start at 10" so the Hawks were slowing down and trying to run plays.  That'll help them this season when teams try to slow them down.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He was also on the floor most of the time that Durant was on the floor.

Durant was ( -1 ), so Hunter's +/- makes sense.

+/- needs a significant sample size to be meaningful and is then only meaningful within the relevant context (who is backing that player up, what rotations are being used, whether they are facing starters or reserves, etc.).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm going to assume Trae is still figuring out how to best play with his new teammates. He hasn't looked like himself to me since the Grizzlies game.

As for the fouling, I doubt he cares about the chatter. It's more likely he just had not need to draw cheap fouls as the Hawks were up 7-10 or more all game and they never really got into the bonus early on. 

With the new weapons, he going to get less shots. His assists are a little down compared to last year too though, that might also be due to reduced usage . Quick frankly, Id rather see 6 guys in double digits than see Trae drop 50. 

31 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Hunter really impressed me tonight. We could of hit on both him and Cam. The scary thing about this game is I don't even think we are at our ceiling. Dunn/Gallo/Okongwu haven't even really played for us yet.

Dont forget about Snell. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

With the new weapons, he going to get less shots. His assists are a little down compared to last year too though, that might also be due to reduced usage . Quick frankly, Id rather see 6 guys in double digits than see Trae drop 50. 

As long as they are winning i agree. In games like Wednesday, Trae needs to be more assertive imo. But tonight showed a ton as they won big by featuring other players really without anything special from Trae. 

Efficiency will drive Traes season one way or another. Tonight was inefficient and he ended up with only 21 pts on 21 shots. Coming into tonight he was avg 33 on 16 I think. We need him to be efficient cuz we may not get 23 from hunter or 20 from cam every night. Opponent won't shoot poorly from 3 every night either. .

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

1. Playing great defense which they did this game, should have shown you more.  Responding to a tough loss should have shown you more than the first game.

2. The Nets were not falling for the quick stop, they side stepped it pretty quickly.  Trae didn't have to be as aggressive as he usually is in the fourth because of the big lead.  You could hear Lloyd yelling to "start at 10" so the Hawks were slowing down and trying to run plays.  That'll help them this season when teams try to slow them down.

This. Trae also was on the injury report with a bad calf, might have affected him some.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

More likely Brooklyn adjusted and was careful not to foul him.

He was averaging 15 FTs per game, tonight 4 FTs.  The shift happened after a few public stories came out questioning how he was drawing cheap fouls.  

I think Trae changed and the publicity got to him.  Just my opinion.