• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best collection of talent since 1994

NineOhTheRino

1 hour ago, NineOhTheRino said:

I have not been impressed with this team in a long time.  The defense need work.  They have to do a better job of hiding Mr Young but  overall I think this team is good enough to make it to the EC Finals.  Good Job Travis.

Man I had no idea this site was alive.  Last time I checked I got  a 404 error.  

It goes down a lot. If you check periodically, it usually will be back up soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

Let's think....

1.  Bibby, Johnson, Horf, Smith, and Marv  - I think I like Crawford's better.

2.  Horf, Teague, Sap, KK, and DMC 

3.  Rivers, Nique, Rollins, Whitman, and Willis. 

4.  Mutombo, Smith, Blaylock, Laettner, and Norman

5.   Trae, Bogi, Hunter, JC, and Clint. 

Which of these teams would you go to war with. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Accolades & Rankings | Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership

I think #4 beats #5... and # 2 vs. #5 would be a tough match. 

Before you jump out the window.  Blaylock was a lock down defender.   He locked down the likes of Payton and Isaiah.   Picking up Trae at 3/4 court would be different, but that team was not about a zone.   Moreover, Deke in the middle?  No second shots.   No layups. 

In the other matchup, it would be interesting to see what happens when Horf drags Clint to the perimeter.   Not to mention... Sap and KK. 

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is the most talent the Hawks have ever had.

Thank you Tony and Travis...

Just now, hazer said:

Thank you Tony and Travis...

“Tony meddles too much! Travis is in over his head!” 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This is the most talent the Hawks have ever had.

I don't know.   When you line up Nique, Willis Moses, Theus, Rivers, Koncak, etc... that team was talented. 

When you line up Horf, Teague, IsoJoe, Korver, Millsap.. that team had 4 allstars.

I think Trae's high is so high that he is definitely the most talented person that we have had since Nique.  But if you look at everybody else individually...  Nah.    Not the most talented. 

I think the thing that confuses us so much is:

1.  Trae makes everybody else much better. 

2.   We have three point shooting. 

We're playing good defense, but only Clint & maybe Red Velvet and unhurt Hunter are good defensive players.    

We're scoring a lot but that's Trae...  

Trae is the best PG we have ever had. 

This is not the most talented team we have ever had but it does have the most talented player we have had since Nique. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Speaking of talent.   There's two very talented teams that just wasn't coached well that we have had:

Big Dog, Theo, Shareef, Jason Terry, and Glover. 

This team was miscoached and Theo was always injured.   But the talent is there. 

There was also a rendition with Big Dog, Theo, Kukoc. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't know.   When you line up Nique, Willis Moses, Theus, Rivers, Koncak, etc... that team was talented. 

No I don’t think this thread is about the individual talent vs the team chemistry and the landscape of the rest of the league. There is no Lakers with Magic, Pistons with Zeke. Waaaaayyy more parity in the league this year. Lebron is out, Warriors gone, it’s open, it’s really open.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

When you line up Horf, Teague, IsoJoe, Korver, Millsap.. that team had 4 allstars.

I think Trae's high is so high that he is definitely the most talented person that we have had since Nique.  But if you look at everybody else individually...  Nah.    Not the most talented. 

Whoa there. If I recall, Willis was out in '88-89 because of a broken foot. So he never got to play with Nique, Moses, Theus, and Doc. Had he played, their entire season might have ended up differently. And don't get me started on the riff with Theus and Fratello.

Based on the fact that all five of those guys played in All-Star games with two of them being in the Hall and Nique in his prime, I'd put this team first in terms of overall talent.

It would a most interesting matchup. Could Hunter at 100 percent stay with Nique? He'd better, because Capela would be very occupied with Moses, as would Collins with Willis and Bogdanovic with Theus so there's no help coming if Nique gets hot. But one could say the same thing about Trae cooking Doc...

• Like 1

To me, the present is always better than the past.  We remember all the good stuff about the past and forget all that was bad.

I think today's Hawk team is the best.  Why?  Because of our great bench.  Fifteen deep in good players.  Our starting five might not be as good.  However, our next five will prevail.

When you say, this one is better.  Fine.  Maybe they are.  Now compare the benches.  Who is now better?

:hi:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

No I don’t think this thread is about the individual talent vs the team chemistry and the landscape of the rest of the league. There is no Lakers with Magic, Pistons with Zeke. Waaaaayyy more parity in the league this year. Lebron is out, Warriors gone, it’s open, it’s really open.

Yeah.  If it's about talent individually person by person... it's a no go for this being the most talented. 

Even with team talent... Don't misjudge our 60 win team.  That team was dominant but lost to Lebron and the refs and the NY cops and that dude who clipped DMC. 

• Like 2