• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Capela vs Drummond.

Collins vs Nance

Cavs deployed a 3 guard lineup of Sexton, Garland and Exum last game.

My guess is Reddish and Hunter matches up vs Sexton and Garland. Trae on Exum.

This should be a game for Bruno to matchup vs McGee off the bench.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela vs Drummond.

Collins vs Nance

Cavs deployed a 3 guard lineup of Sexton, Garland and Exum last game.

My guess is Reddish and Hunter matches up vs Sexton and Garland. Trae on Exum.

This should be a game for Bruno to matchup vs McGee off the bench.

I'd like to see Trae accept the challenge of guarding Sexton since they have a history. It's not like Sexton's a particularly big guard. I think he can hang with him. That may be just wishful thinking on my part though. He'd probably get cooked. :laugh:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I'd like to see Trae accept the challenge of guarding Sexton since they have a history. It's not like Sexton's a particularly big guard. I think he can hang with him. That may be just wishful thinking on my part though. He'd probably get cooked. :laugh:

Let's do what increases our chances of winning, and for us that usually means decreasing Trae's exposure on the defensive end, or at least helping him out on mismatches and/or difficult assignments.

• Moderators

Few of the NBA's young players' development arcs were more harmed by the league's disruption than KPJ (2019's 30th pick, traded on draft night w/ Tony Snell from MIL to DET for the great Jon Leuer), who was beginning to have breakout performances when the season concluded, including 18 points in a blowout win here right before the All-Star Break.

Porter's plethora of post-season personal peccadilloes was a big reason why Cleveland took this other guy at #5 in November.

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/01/02/report-cavs-concerned-with-kevin-porter-jr-s-maturity-dont-want-him-to-return-until-hes-emotionally-ready/

~lw3

• Like 1

The Hawks should win this game in the 4th quarter, but don't be surprised if this game is a lot closer than what people think.

Garland and Sexton are much improved this season.  Drummond is Drummond. He's going to gobble up rebounds and draw fouls.  If he does, LP can't hesitate to put Bruno in there to give some of those fouls.  LP needs to protect John Collins tonight.

The mismatch is going to be whomever Garland is guarding.  He won't be able to handle Reddish or Bogi.

Let's see if the Cavs stick with their 3-guard lineup.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Few of the NBA's young players' development arcs were more harmed by the league's disruption than KPJ (2019's 30th pick, traded on draft night w/ Tony Snell from MIL to DET for the great Jon Leuer), who was beginning to have breakout performances when the season concluded, including 18 points in a blowout win here right before the All-Star Break.

Porter's plethora of post-season personal peccadilloes was a big reason why Cleveland took this other guy at #5 in November.

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/01/02/report-cavs-concerned-with-kevin-porter-jr-s-maturity-dont-want-him-to-return-until-hes-emotionally-ready/

~lw3

OO might have a similar role for us that Okoro has for Cleveland, even though they play different positions. 

• Like 2