• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

And he'll continue if he is not fired

He doesn't deserve to be fired.  He deserves to be criticized though.

I know I've watched NBA basketball for a long time.  But me, as a fan, shouldn't be able to predict the other team going on runs, based off of the personnel we have on the floor.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

I 100% take back every positive thing I said about LP in the 1st couple of games. That had nothing to do with him

Dude is absolute trash as a coach

Fire his ass

He won't make it through the season.  

Preseason Hawks must be back it seems. Teams are getting good on watching Cam and seeing the flaws I am seeing from him. Not attacking the rim strong. Just don't bail him out on his drives and what bothers me the most is his inopportune gambles when he's frustrated with his game. He did that last year and it's back again.

I think the biggest thing with him is we got to offensively get him going. I wish he would have added that floater into his game but a lot of his attacks have been to the side to cover for dealing with the big but if you are going to attack the side, you got to attack angles. This is on Cam and the coaches to see this and adjust. I know the Hawks don't have time for much 1v1 training but Cam needs it bad right now. I don't have to watch the games. This is part of the reason I didn't watch. I had a bad feeling from watching both teams last game. Having Tony Snell will help us a ton when it comes to Reddish in my opinion.

I really hated the way we were playing against Cleveland and felt we needed Rondo and another big and felt this one was going to be bad. This is where LP has to earn his cookies.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because McMillan doesn't control the personnel that goes out on the floor.

LP sees his team struggling, and his first though is to bring in an offensive spark.  If he were defensive minded, his thought process would be to put in my best lineup that can keep them off the boards and defend in the paint.  That lineup was Capela and Collins.

When the Hawks played defense, they generated offense.

But I knew that every time the Hawks went small, that was trouble for them.

Sounds like the Hawks should hire you lol

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because McMillan doesn't control the personnel that goes out on the floor.

LP sees his team struggling, and his first though is to bring in an offensive spark.  If he were defensive minded, his thought process would be to put in my best lineup that can keep them off the boards and defend in the paint.  That lineup was Capela and Collins.

When the Hawks played defense, they generated offense.

But I knew that every time the Hawks went small, that was trouble for them.

You've been spot on based on some of the games we lost lately. Looking at the run scrolls. It seems like Cams poor play bothered him but Kevin and Bogi were food against NY wings and they didn't offer the offensive value that was expected. Ultimately, we are seeing the need for a fully healthy bench. Rondo can't afford to miss anymore games.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Preseason Hawks must be back it seems. Teams are getting good on watching Cam and seeing the flaws I am seeing from him. Not attacking the rim strong. Just don't bail him out on his drives and what bothers me the most is his inopportune gambles when he's frustrated with his game. He did that last year and it's back again.

I think the biggest thing with him is we got to offensively get him going. I wish he would have added that floater into his game but a lot of his attacks have been to the side to cover for dealing with the big but if you are going to attack the side, you got to attack angles. This is on Cam and the coaches to see this and adjust. I know the Hawks don't have time for much 1v1 training but Cam needs it bad right now. I don't have to watch the games. This is part of the reason I didn't watch. I had a bad feeling from watching both teams last game. Having Tony Snell will help us a ton when it comes to Reddish in my opinion.

I really hated the way we were playing against Cleveland and felt we needed Rondo and another big and felt this one was going to be bad. This is where LP has to earn his cookies.

Yeah, he still is a inconsistent.  It's only 7 games so hopefully he can get into rhythm.  The Hawks have had leads late in all their 3 losses.  They are still young and need to figure out how to win these games.  These 15 point 3rd quarter leads should not be blown.  Watch film figure out what to do. So the game down, get the best shots.  They missed a ton of good shots and the Knicks executed.  We really miss Gallanari and I don't need Kev and Bogi slumping in the same game. 

Bright side: Still 4-3, but 1-3 in our last 4.  Hopefully, Trae can get out of his shooting slump  soon. \

Hunter has been really impressive.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, he still is a inconsistent.  It's only 7 games so hopefully he can get into rhythm.  The Hawks have had leads late in all their 3 losses.  They are still young and need to figure out how to win these games.  These 15 point 3rd quarter leads should not be blown.  Watch film figure out what to do. So the game down, get the best shots.  They missed a ton of good shots and the Knicks executed.  We really miss Gallanari and I don't need Kev and Bogi slumping in the same game. 

Bright side: Still 4-3, but 1-3 in our last 4.  Hopefully, Trae can get out of his shooting slump  soon. 

Was the bench ass all game like it appears?

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

To be honest, I was working and half watching the game.  Kevin came out firing, but then went cold. I can't really remember any other meaningful contributions from the bench.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Goodwin is just not good... we REALLY need rondo/dunn back ASAP.  Every time we put Goodwin in the defense crumbles and we get low ball movement offense that ends in a clanked deep 3

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, we lost to the Knicks. I choose the perfect game not to watch and sleep on. I had a bad feeling about this one. 

The bench look like they took the night off. Rondo and Gallinari are needed. Okongwu, please come back.

Come back? He has to come first....lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter is the only consistent player right now..

Capela is a close 2nd. But we cant really play him late..

Everyone else needs to step it up..