• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like who? Harden? Giannis? Giannis can't even lead a better team and coach to a championship

Giannis needs a good facilitator.....He and Trae might work..But he sucks at shooting and free throws like Capela..Capela would have to be traded...

Trae and Harden? Talk about over dribbling..

Trade for Beal and try to outscore everybody? lol..

Trade up for Cade using players and picks? lol

Idk man...

Hopefully our guys get healthy and we start playing well so I can clear my mind..lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

A little success makes us forget how new this team is.  We don't have any of the new players out there... no Bogi, No Gallo, No Dunn, No Rondo.   We fielded last year's team minus Vince Carter.  Still, we should be better than this.  However, it's going to take some time. 

I needed this post..Im really on edge..I need to calm down..lol

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Knicks / Cavs are a combined 8-6 on the season.   Honestly i don't know how the Cavs are doing it but the Knicks have new life with Thibs.   But this always happens at first with his teams.  He'll wear those guys out eventually. 

I don't know why we have so many injured guys.  It's still early though.  Agree Cam has been basically horrible.   

I think we may have been too bullish on Cam. Looks to have Marvin syndrome, great physical tools, but fatal flaws that are too much to overcome.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Giannis needs a good facilitator.....He and Trae might work..But he sucks at shooting and free throws like Capela..Capela would have to be traded...

Trae and Harden? Talk about over dribbling..

Trade for Beal and try to outscore everybody? lol..

Trade up for Cade using players and picks? lol

Idk man...

Hopefully our guys get healthy and we start playing well so I can clear my mind..lol

I think you hit the nail on the head...its Trae Young and his play contributing to these loses and periods of poor play even in wins

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean 8 turnovers and a bunch of missed 3s was bad but he still had 31/14.   I know lots of folks don't put stock in plus minus but when you play 40 out of 48 minutes and register a +7 and lose by 5 that should tell you something. 

Tells me Rondo needs to suit up because I die a little every time I see Goodwin out there.  Goodwin's career peaked when he did that NBA Street dribble roll last year

• Haha 2

• Moderators
Just now, JeffS17 said:

Tells me Rondo needs to suit up because I die a little every time I see Goodwin out there.  Goodwin's career peaked when he did that NBA Street dribble roll last year

Yes.  I mean Rondo should have come in the game with Trae in the fourth.   

Onward and upward!

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cleveland was a bad loss to but anyway I made a promise to myseld not respond to posters like you

Not as bad as last night. At least it was on a back to back...

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean 8 turnovers and a bunch of missed 3s was bad but he still had 31/14.   I know lots of folks don't put stock in plus minus but when you play 40 out of 48 minutes and register a +7 and lose by 5 that should tell you something. 

Trae is a great player with growing to do.  He is still a huge positive, substantive impact for us even when he is struggling.  His scoring efficiency has been amazing.  .595% TS% last year and .612% TS% this year.  He is the engine for this team for a good reason.

Dunn and Rondo were critical signings due to the severe dropoff we have going from Trae to Goodwin.  We badly need Dunn to get healthy and need every game we can get from Rondo.

The vet impact of Bogi has been disappointing so far but I wouldn't rule out him getting on a better run.  Right now he is putting up his worst ever FG% by a significant margin which seems a product of small sample size.  I expect he will bring that number up over time.

We badly need Gallo back.  He adds another dimension to our rotation and a very steady hand on the wheel for our offense and team as a whole.  We've missed him these last two games and I suspect if he is healthy they are both wins.

In short, I see us having the solutions to what ailed us the past two games already on the roster.  Just need to get them playing to their potential and that starts with having them simply "playing" period.  If we are basically last year's roster due to injuries, we are not going to get the results all of us want to see.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Heurter has actually looked better handling the ball in the last couple of games.  His shot wasn't falling last night but he's getting a little better at play making.  I'm not opposed to letting other guys run sets and manage the offense for short spurts -- as I think it's necessary for guys like Heurter/Cam to develop -- but in crunch time, I want Trae with the ball.

Say it louder so the fools in the back can here. Put it on a billboard on COP. Stream it on the jumbotron. Somebody hack LP's cell phone like a damn political ad.  Just get this message through to LP. 

Rant over. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think we may have been too bullish on Cam. Looks to have Marvin syndrome, great physical tools, but fatal flaws that are too much to overcome.

Schlenk better hope this isnt the case...

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think you hit the nail on the head...its Trae Young and his play contributing to these loses and periods of poor play even in wins

Of course he's contributing. But he's not alone...

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Trae is a great player with growing to do.  He is still a huge positive, substantive impact for us even when he is struggling.  His scoring efficiency has been amazing.  .595% TS% last year and .612% TS% this year.  He is the engine for this team for a good reason.

Numbers are all well and good but the eye test tells me that he still doesn't understand how to win games.  He displayed in the Memphis game but not down the stretch in other. Your star should be winning games not your bench players

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

And then he had the nerve to tweet "keep that same energy" last night..lol

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Of course he's contributing. But he's not alone...

Others are not turning the ball over repeatedly or taking terrible shot at the worst times except maybe Cam. Trae needs to start making the right plays when the game is on the line like he did against Memphis

Just now, terrell said:

Schlenk better hope this isnt the case...

Not everyone works out, that just how it goes. But he is good on defense and that will keep him in the league. If he can improve his shooting, he can always be a three-and-D. But his wild out of control drives with the ball don't look correctable to me. It reminds how Marvin looked with the ball. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Numbers are all well and good but the eye test tells me that he still doesn't understand how to win games.  He displayed in the Memphis game but not down the stretch in other. Your star should be winning games not your bench players

He still has learning to do and growing to do.  He is the same age John Stockton was as a rookie averaging 5 points a game.  

He is already doing enough to win games with better support.  Nobody does it alone.  That said, he can do more to better manage the team down the stretch.

I do think he is a superstar today, though.  One with room to improve on both ends of the floor.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

In short, I see us having the solutions to what ailed us the past two games already on the roster.  Just need to get them playing to their potential and that starts with having them simply "playing" period.  If we are basically last year's roster due to injuries, we are not going to get the results all of us want to see.

Post of the day.   Thread over 🙂 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

He still has learning to do and growing to do.  He is the same age John Stockton was as a rookie averaging 5 points a game.  

He is already doing enough to win games with better support.  Nobody does it alone.  That said, he can do more to better manage the team down the stretch.

I do think he is a superstar today, though.  One with room to improve on both ends of the floor.

In the early quarters but not the 4th quarters of games