• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Uh oh...Ice vs The Baptist

HawkItus

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree.

I posted an article from back in 2018 referencing Pierce saying he doesn't call plays for him and JCs response indicating he'd like to be more involved in the offense, so this isn't new, he talked about it last season as well.....all before he talked his contract.

I don't disagree that the Hawks and JC not coming to a contract leaves some underlying distractions.  But he has made no mention of it since the 2020 season started. I watched him closely the first few games to see if he would be pouting or disengaged from the team - he hasn't been, he's cheering from the bench and rooting his teammates on. 

If you want to call it 'calling out Trae' have at it.

If you can look at the 2nd half of the Cavs game and the Knicks game (his comments were after this game during film) and tell me that the struggles of the offense wasn't as JC described as needing to do, I'll shut up.

Not since the season started. No. Does it make a difference if it's December 21st and he made comments December 22nd when the season started?  The timing of his comments and making them publicly is what I take exception to.  Deflecting it last year through this season and just going out there and playing.  There's a lot of players that do that and it's the right call.  After this season?  Now that the extension talks have fallen though?  I still think it's a little tacky, but not like he did in 2020 before the new season got under way.

In both of the games, there was plenty of blame to go around.  The TEAM let big leads late slip with missed shots, turnovers, and even JC bonked a bunny (to which I noted that the basketball gods were not with us).  I think it's ok to point out issues with the offense and it's ok to call each other out.  I don't think it's ok try to nail a single player down as a singular point of failure...and if that's not what happened, then ok. 

Regardless, FFS...if things are so bad, call a players only meeting (and am I wrong, WAS it a players only, soul searching, meeting?), then hash it out, and go back to work.  If the guys are not happy with the offense, let the captains talk to each other and then go to the coach and get it right.  Why would that be the wrong way to handle it...?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Wretch said:

Not since the season started. No. Does it make a difference if it's December 21st and he made comments when December 22nd is when the season started?  The timing of his comments and making them publicly is what I take exception to.  Deflecting it last year through this season and just going out there and playing. 

I'm really confused now, JCs contract comments occurred in the 2019-20 season, sometime around February 2020. 

The season ended and him and the Hawks were attempting to negotiating an extention in November they didn't get to an agreement. He hasn't said squat about it since. Any reference in this current article about contract is tied back to last seasons article.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, :laugh1:. Couldn't resist.

I'll just leave this last snippet from the article:

Ehhhhh...  I think it's John calling out Trae.  Do I think he stood up and put a finger in his face and told him he's trash and "gimme the damn ball?" lol No.  I think he used the platform and the fact that we have help to get a message across.  I think the response to that was to minimize or even circumvent a divide.  At the end of the day, either Trae took it WAY too personal...or someone crossed the line.  We're going to find out.

Boy this is gonna be a humdinger of a necro thread. lol

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm really confused now, JCs contract comments occurred in the 2019-20 season, sometime around February 2020. 

The season ended and him and the Hawks were attempting to negotiating an extention in November they didn't get to an agreement. He hasn't said squat about it since. Any reference in this current article about contract is tied back to last seasons article.

Last season was cut in March.  No one knew if the season would resume or if it did, would all the teams be coming back.  Collins has been talking about his contract openly since March and as recently as a month ago in the online media session saying his contract is "the first thing that's on [his] mind" as soon as he hits the practice floor.  I mean, he's not livestreaming every second of his life and blasting people over money...but he has been consistently making public comments literally about how much money he is worth considering how good he thinks is...basically since they started asking him about it.

I'm saying...dude...  Deflect.  Give the standard answers.  Hash that stuff out behind closed doors and if you must talk, wait until after the contract season when your time is up and you are a free agent.  Even then, many players still give standard answers and they work it out behind closed doors.  I do not like the timing of his public comments about his worth - and I don't like his public comments about his worth.

• Premium Member

Man...  I have been talking Hawks all. dang. day...   I gave up the merry-go-rounds and F5's back in 2003. This is why people!  This is why! lol 

🤦🏽‍♂️

I'm not saying sh!t else.

LETS. GO. HAWKS.
(even you JC...I'm watching you sucka....)

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Man...  I have been talking Hawks all. dang. day...   I gave up the merry-go-rounds and F5's back in 2003. This is why people!  This is why! lol 

🤦🏽‍♂️

LETS. GO. HAWKS.

Jussayin but it was kinda easy to drag you back into the mud, wr. 

You miss it don'tcha  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is not looking good for the future. Trae on his own cannot win, that was clear last year. He needs a team, and a team need to be happy to win games. I find it really difficult that a team is happy if Trae keeps playing that way. I think John Collins is completely right and I am really disappointed that Trae is not taking well the critics and behaves the way he did on the last game, he needs to change. At the end which is the solution, trade whole team and face the same conversation in a year with different players?

I am not the biggest fan of Collins but he is right. Mr Rondo now is your turn, meet your mentor role. The reason why I am so pessimistic is because I don’t see any reaction or indication on Trae to believe he will change, I think he will continue to behave the way he is doing things or worse.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Whoa whoa whoa.  That’s The Late Great Bean you talking about.  I know everyone isn’t a Kobe fan and he’s not above respectful criticism even in death but there were a lot of phrases you could’ve used, you decided on “punk ass bitch?”  If that’s how you describe a 12 time All Defensive player who played his entire career in one uniform with all types of injuries I shudder to hear what you’d call the average NBA player lol.

I wasn't a Kobe fan but that's not what I was talking about. A guy willing to lose a game to prove a point to his team is doing something wrong. I will call that out 100% of the time. Kobe intentionally played like crap in that game in question. I'm not calling him as a person or a player a punk ass bitch. But that stunt? Yeah that's what that is. 

4 hours ago, Wretch said:

🤦🏽‍♂️

LETS. GO. HAWKS.

you should post more bro, my Columbus brother I miss seeing you post here or hanging at Pat's comic book store as well. 

• Like 2