• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things we learned about the Hawks after they losing 4 straight games

Bonkers

-LP is a horrible coach that has no idea what he is doing. HE has no clue about Offense or Defense. His substitutions are just moronic. He has no idea how to draw up a play. He's just awful

-Dre is our best player. I'm loving what I'm seeing from Dre. He just seems like a mature player that doesn't need to be told what to do. I love that

-Trae is NOT A LEADER. I never thought I would say this but he is mentally weak and chicken hearted. Like I said in the thread. If that recent static with John has him plaing like this than that is just pathetic. Sit your behind on the bench if this is how you respond to adversity

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Everybody else just jacks up shots as soon as they get a decent look.  Dre plays with a purpose which is to gain an advantage with his shot fakes and his dribble.

U can tell that his time at Virginia was well spent. He easily has the highest BBALL IQ on the team

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bonkers said:

-LP is a horrible coach that has no idea what he is doing. HE has no clue about Offense or Defense. His substitutions are just moronic. He has no idea how to draw up a play. He's just awful

-Dre is our best player. I'm loving what I'm seeing from Dre. He just seems like a mature player that doesn't need to be told what to do. I love that

-Trae is NOT A LEADER. I never thought I would say this but he is mentally weak and chicken hearted. Like I said in the thread. If that recent static with John has him plaing like this than that is just pathetic. Sit your behind on the bench if this is how you respond to adversity

Dre is our second best player. Trae is still our best player. Is he being dramatic about being called out, yeah. But we’ve seen other players play poorly out of their preferred roles intentionally in the past to prove points, Harden Lebron Kobe etc. guys who aren’t scared of having a few bad games because... what does anyone think Trae’s not going to average under 25 per at seasons end? Do I wish we had a Popavich to ride his ass on the bench, hell yeah. But the truth is Trae is our best chance at winning and he knows it.
Coaching is our biggest problem and at least we have Nate on the bench, so there’s a chance we could make a change in season, doubtful but possible. JC is all but already on another team. Dude is a fine player but literally he’s the size of most small forwards and can’t defend them or centers. I really think his numbers are replaceable on almost any team.

• Like 2

Dre is my favorite Hawk right now and it is not close

1 hour ago, timebomb said:

Dre is our second best player. Trae is still our best player. Is he being dramatic about being called out, yeah. But we’ve seen other players play poorly out of their preferred roles intentionally in the past to prove points, Harden Lebron Kobe etc. guys who aren’t scared of having a few bad games because... what does anyone think Trae’s not going to average under 25 per at seasons end? Do I wish we had a Popavich to ride his ass on the bench, hell yeah. But the truth is Trae is our best chance at winning and he knows it.
Coaching is our biggest problem and at least we have Nate on the bench, so there’s a chance we could make a change in season, doubtful but possible. JC is all but already on another team. Dude is a fine player but literally he’s the size of most small forwards and can’t defend them or centers. I really think his numbers are replaceable on almost any team.

You really think Trae is better than Dre?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, timebomb said:

Trae plays 0 defense

Dre>>>>>Trae

Trae shouldn't get a pass for that

Edited by Bonkers

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

You guys are going over the top with the frustration of a 4 game stretch from Trae. If you really think he never returns to the season and a half of play we saw after the play through December his rookie year then I understand the takes.  I question why that much larger sample size doesn’t mean more to you than a handful of games but I get it.  If you think he will be rebound then you should also know he is a very special player.  Has work to be done on defense, off the ball movement, etc. but we should have more patience than this with him.

Naw I don't think I'm being over the top at all. It's not just a shooting slump which is expected throughout the season. It's his all around awfulness and total lack of effort. 

Like I said before if Trae looks frazzled right now becuz of recent events he would be down right shook in a playoff situation against actual adversity. I think he'll eventually get back to playing better but this has showed me a lot. And that being exactly what @NBASupes said...Trae can't be the best player on this team if the Hawks want to be truly elite. I'm pulling for Dre

So we'll have to agree to disagree

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

Here is counting on 00, Gallo, Dunn, Rondo and Snell helping with some efficiency roundball when they finally get on the court. At least the four vets will anyway. Think Rondo and Dunn (especially Dunn) might have made a difference last night for a quick example. At least try to make it more difficult for the other team to score.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AHF said:

You guys are going over the top with the frustration of a 4 game stretch from Trae. If you really think he never returns to the season and a half of play we saw after the play through December his rookie year then I understand the takes.  I question why that much larger sample size doesn’t mean more to you than a handful of games but I get it.  If you think he will be rebound then you should also know he is a very special player.  Has work to be done on defense, off the ball movement, etc. but we should have more patience than this with him.

The thing that you continue to ignore is that it was his shooting over that period that made many accept his other flaws...I.E. poor shot selection, turnovers, poor defense, no off the ball movement, hero ball etc.  Now that his shot is broken, you can see the other flaws more clearly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The thing that you continue to ignore is that it was his shooting over that period that made many accept his other flaws...I.E. poor shot selection, turnovers, poor defense, no off the ball movement, hero ball etc.  Now that his shot is broken, you can see the other flaws more clearly.

Right now Trae is a 100% liability on the floor

• Like 1

You guys are blowing my mind about Trae.  And to his most ardent supporters there is a lot of reality in what is being said.  However, I DO think he's got to get over the sensitive stuff.  It's great to have that chip on your shoulder...but if you've got haters, you're doing something right (or wrong if you're not producing..ha). 

I hope he gets it figured out for the better of the team.  I think he will...but Dre has been everything his supporters thought and more. Kudos.