• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things we learned about the Hawks after they losing 4 straight games

Bonkers

6 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Come on Hawks.  Draft Haliburton.  We really, really need a good back up for Trae..

:hi:

Forget being a back up. Id give Hali the keys to the car. Efficiency is so important. Being careful with the ball is so important. Running the offense correctly is so important. 

• Like 4

On 1/9/2021 at 10:02 PM, Bonkers said:

U can tell that his time at Virginia was well spent. He easily has the highest BBALL IQ on the team

Older drafted players are making a comeback....Just look at Hunter, Brandon Clarke,  Eric Paschall,  Cam Johnson, Grant Williams, Peyton Pritchard, etc...They just play smarter than most of the "upside" guys....If Im in the lottery for a few years, Im taking at least 1 older prospect..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 10:21 PM, Sothron said:

Hunter and Red Velvet need to be starting. Why we went away from Collins who was our best player in the first quarter tonight was mystifying. 

We need these hurt guys to get healthy. It really is that simple. We have holes in our lineup and rotation with so many guys out hurt. 

You might get your wish with Bogi out..Plus Cam played better on 2nd unit..I dont know if our defense can hold up with Trae/Huerter though..May not have a choice. Unless LP starts Snell at SG..lol. 

Edited by terrell

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Forget being a back up. Id give Hali the keys to the car. Efficiency is so important. Being careful with the ball is so important. Running the offense correctly is so important. 

I said this last week and got laughed at..lol. 

36 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We thought we were getting Steve Nash, but we got Steve Francis.

Hopefully he gets his shit together..Still gonna be hard to win with him though Im afraid, unless he improves on turnovers and defense..

Edited by terrell

23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The thing that you continue to ignore is that it was his shooting over that period that made many accept his other flaws...I.E. poor shot selection, turnovers, poor defense, no off the ball movement, hero ball etc.  Now that his shot is broken, you can see the other flaws more clearly.

Yall always bring up off ball movement, but where is he going to go when no one else moves?  Our offense is stagnant.  if they want him to move do some off ball screens etc.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 1/10/2021 at 4:30 AM, NBASupes said:

Dre is my favorite Hawk right now and it is not close

You really think Trae is better than Dre?

I need Dre to prove to me this stretch of games isn't a fluke just as I need Trae to prove to me this stretch of games was just a temporary slump for whatever reason.  Hunter is probably my favorite player on the team right now -- he's the only guy I trust to make good defensive decisions and I'm optimistic when he's taking an open shot or driving to the basket.

I think Trae is overthinking things on offense right now... he's doing a lot of tertiary things to get players involved and break down the defense when he needs to just knock down open shots, be a little more controlled, and cut down on turnovers.

Also, something that half our team does that annoys me to no end, is that we gotta stop driving to the rim when it's clogged with defenders, jumping in the air over the base line, and throwing wild passes to whoever (that usually leads in a turnover).  That's the opposite of in control and I see Trae do this, Cam, Goodwin, etc.  CLP needs to reign this type of stuff in.  It's sloppy.

• Moderators

Trae's already proved he's a dangerous offensive weapon and an elite distributor.   This team is broken right now.  Partly due to injuries and partly due to dysfunction.  It's not just on Trae's bad play.   Guys are bricking shots, scared to shoot, fumbling passes.   It's ugly and we'll see if LP has any answers.  He hasn't so far.   

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, terrell said:

True..We need a backup to Clint too though..

Agent 0017 was drafted #6 for a Clint backup.  We await his coming out party!

Looking for this to happen this week.  Other rookies are already making their mark in the NBA.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:sun:

57 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Yall always bring up off ball movement, but where is he going to go when no one else moves?  Our offense is stagnant.  if they want him to move do some off ball screens etc.

Exactly.  This falls more on Pierce to me.  He accepts Trae standing around.  He's accepting little movement at times.  He needs to be teaching and making sure he moves.  The first part to getting better moving off the ball is the actual movement part.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Exactly.  This falls more on Pierce to me.  He accepts Trae standing around.  He's accepting little movement at times.  He needs to be teaching and making sure he moves.  The first part to getting better moving off the ball is the actual movement part.

Motion offense isn't something you just tell the guys to start doing in the middle of a game.  Our problem is whatever offensive "system" we have is garbage.  We look like we're trying to implement the Rockets offense without Harden -- or anyone who can reliably drive and finish/draw fouls around the rim -- and on top of that no one is making their open 3s.

We have well over 40 million dollars injured on the bench right now. Our intended ten man plus rotation seems like a wistful dream. Hope to witness guys back on the floor in a short few weeks. Seriously worried for Bogi with this. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, terrell said:

Older drafted players are making a comeback....Just look at Hunter, Brandon Clarke,  Eric Paschall,  Cam Johnson, Grant Williams, Peyton Pritchard, etc...They just play smarter than most of the "upside" guys....If Im in the lottery for a few years, Im taking at least 1 older prospect..lol

Everybody laughed at Phoenix for picking Cam Johnson. Who's laughing now? 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You should know the last 5 games mean FAR more about who Trae really is than the previous 105 games.  That was all a mirage. THIS is the real Trae Young.  

Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or serious.  

IMO, this is LP's moment right now.  One way or another, he needs to get the team back on the rails.  Getting guys healthy will help but we were pretty competitive last year with Trae, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, and Collins playing together.  We weren't as competitive over the last week or so with all of those guys plus Capela and Bogi.