• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things we learned about the Hawks after they losing 4 straight games

Bonkers

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Lol.  well let's cut him then.   

we were 14 points better with him on the court last season than off.   geez louise

Why do u keep bringing up last season?!?!?

Did u ignore this post

15 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Of course the team could barely function. The team was full of rookies and Glorified G-League players and a 67 year old Vince Carter haha

So that isn't surprising. Are u gonna keep referencing last season as a rebuttal to everything? If that's the case then there's no point in debating you

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Lol.  well let's cut him then.   

we were 14 points better with him on the court last season than off.   geez louise

Not saying he isn't a valuable asset but let's not pretend that his play is not the reason for our current losing streak..Or that he doesn't need to improve his game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Not saying he isn't a valuable asset but let's not pretend that his play is not the reason for our current losing streak..Or that he doesn't need to improve his game.

Who has said that? It's the over top stuff you guys go through to prove your points.   You are doing what you accuse others are doing to John Collins. 

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What over the top stuff are you referring to?

Everything we've said is pretty much facts lol

Ain't nothing over the top 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Neither are you.

Go ahead and post who in here said Trade or Cut Trae

Edited by Bonkers

You guys are literally talking about how Brandon Goodwin outplayed Trae in one game to prove your point.  So let's ignore his entire body of work.   We are on a bad streak and so is he.  This is just like his rookie season whenever he took a ton of time off.  He needs to get back in rhythm.   You do bring up valid points, he does need to work on his running of the offense and defense, but let's not act like these last few games are who he is. 

His performance in the previous Charolette game makes me think he's wasn't really pouting in the first one, well not too much anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What over the top stuff are you referring to?

We should have drafted Hailiburton and given him the keys to the offense.  You didn't say that, but that's what I was referring to. also  Also, that because role players out play him for a couple of games that some kind of condemnation.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

You guys are literally talking about how Brandon Goodwin outplayed Trae in one game to prove your point.  So let's ignore his entire body of work.   We are on a bad streak and so is he.  This is just like his rookie season whenever he took a ton of time off.  He needs to get back in rhythm.   You do bring up valid points, he does need to work on his running of the offense and defense, but let's not act like these last few games are who he is. 

His performance in the previous Charolette game makes me think he's wasn't really pouting in the first one, well not too much anyway. 

That's your over the top bomb shell???

• Haha 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Yup, plus the overall like this is who he is forever type stuff. Y'all  are way too overreactive, but let someone complain about John Collins and his poor performances and you can't understand.  Be as reasonable then as you are now. 

4 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Everything we've said is pretty much facts lol

Ain't nothing over the top 

Go ahead and post who in here said Trade or Cut Trae

Never said Trade or cut Trae.  Reread what I wrote.  You guys are on here talking about Brandon Goodwin and Rondo outplayed Trae.  SO!?!  Superstar players get outplayed by role players all the time!  But the role players don't consistently do it.  

Prove me wrong!

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I forgot. You're not allowed to criticize players on here. U have to have your lips firmly planted on their booty cheeks

I didn't even really talk about how annoyed some of Trae's teammates look when he launches those ill advised shots

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

I forgot. You're not allowed to criticize players on here. U have to have your lips firmly planted on their booty cheeks

I didn't even really talk about how annoyed some of Trae's teammates look when he launches those ill advised shots

You can criticize all you want.  It's the projecting like he won't improve is the problem. 

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Never said Trade or cut Trae.  Reread what I wrote.  You guys are on here talking about Brandon Goodwin and Rondo outplayed Trae.  SO!?!  Superstar players get outplayed by role players all the time!  But the role players don't consistently do it.  

Prove me wrong!

I got u confused with @macdaddy on the cut Trae thing. My mistake

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

HELL YESS>  FINALLY a factual, logical statement.  TRAE's play over the last 5 games has SUCKED>  We all know that and agree with that.  When he's the premiere player on your team and he 100% sucks during a stretch, you get 1-4.  That's life in the NBA.  The difference is some of us actually believe these last 5 games are an aberration rather than an indictment because we saw what he's capable of offensively for 1.5 seasons prior to this 5 game stretch.  Some of y'all so damn eager to throw the baby (pun intended) out with the bathwater.  

Get yer head's out yer butts. IF this team is going to win anything they NEED Trae to be the Trae we've seen the last 2 seasons. They literally can't win without him.  That's what some of us have been saying.  

Hunter has been the best play on this team the last 5 games and the Hawks are 1-4.  Trae was the best player on the team for the first 4 games and the Hawks were 3-1.  Get the hell out with all this trade Trae, bench Trae nonsense.  It's utter foolishness.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You can criticize all you want.  It's the projecting like he won't improve is the problem. 

Cmon man check out this post

On 1/10/2021 at 9:00 AM, Bonkers said:

Naw I don't think I'm being over the top at all. It's not just a shooting slump which is expected throughout the season. It's his all around awfulness and total lack of effort. 

Like I said before if Trae looks frazzled right now becuz of recent events he would be down right shook in a playoff situation against actual adversity. I think he'll eventually get back to playing better but this has showed me a lot. And that being exactly what @NBASupes said...Trae can't be the best player on this team if the Hawks want to be truly elite. I'm pulling for Dre

So we'll have to agree to disagree

I'm just saying that I don't think he should be the leader of this team. I'm really pulling for Dre to be that

I just don't like pouting cry baby stuff. Especially from players who haven't accomplished a damn thing like Trae. That's nonsense and he deserves to be roasted for it

Edited by Bonkers